OFFICIAL NBA Live 18 Thread | Available Now

no its just a bunch of old live fans coming back from the dead

too early to tell which will be the best because neither game is finished product yet

live fans are just excited live finally has a pulse and will be 20 bucks cheaper from the start

Don't be that guy live lit

It's not a bad game, but so used to 2K so I'm sticking with that.

Graphics/animations is easily on 2K for sure.

:lol:

But for real - I am telling y'all right meow that this game is copped and I ain't eem play the demo yet. Especially for 40 on PSN.

I will pretty much blindly commit to this game before I ever buy 2K.

NBA Live 10 the GOAT :pimp:

Repped for your usage of ‘meow.’:lol:

This is a bad game. From the app not working to the animations and physics engine from last generation, it is hard to understand what EA has been doing the past few years. We know they paid YouTubers to hype the hell out of this game. They're done. This is not a step in the right direction.

just played the demo for a bit. its pretty cool. only negatives I see so far is that the dunk animations are a bit arcadish and some players just look kinda off

Demo was :pimp:

They cleaned up a lot of the issues I had with 16' so I'm definitely spending that $40. The One Mode :nthat:

The animations aren't at 2ks level, but imo that's a good thing. Once I went into practice mode and figured out how to chain moves together, the game played a lot smoother. Bumped up the speed to 80 also.

The shooting needs to be tuned as it's too easy once you get the hang of the shot meter.

The stepbacks are :nthat:
Played on All-Star difficulty level but I think superstar will provide more of a challenge.

Will cop this for PS4 and 2k for the Xbox.

Demo was :pimp:

They cleaned up a lot of the issues I had with 16' so I'm definitely spending that $40. The One Mode :nthat:

The animations aren't at 2ks level, but imo that's a good thing. Once I went into practice mode and figured out how to chain moves together, the game played a lot smoother. Bumped up the speed to 80 also.

The shooting needs to be tuned as it's too easy once you get the hang of the shot meter.

The stepbacks are :nthat:
Played on All-Star difficulty level but I think superstar will provide more of a challenge.

Will cop this for PS4 and 2k for the Xbox.

All facts. Changing the game speed to 80 and bumping the difficulty up (defaults to Pro) is a blast.

One other thing I would like to mention is that this is the first basketball game I've played where defense is actually fun.

When you force someone like Kyrie to pick up his dribble and shut him down during a ISO feels good as hell

This **** is fun as hell. Ball handling and the one are the main highlights for me. Anybody trashing this game is a dweeb straight up

Lol when people have differing opinions the insults come out. The physics stink, the canned animations are bad and the body models are all the same. That's just off the top of the head. The presentation is trash. There's no chemistry in the commentary and they spew generic phrases rarely calling someone's name and speaking on their impact on the game. I'm a dweeb though.

Body models are bad in this game, too similar to each other. While I think Live 18 has improved, I don’t think it’s caught up to 2k yet as far as actual gameplay. Presentation wise, Live does a great job though. For $40 I’ll likely buy it, and play THE ONE

Some frustrations with gameplay but for the low price can't complain too much. Usually don't cop 2k till it's 40 anyways, may rock with this until. Cavs with Drose and Jeff Green are kinda ill.

Damb I went to high in the draft. Wanted to get chosen by the Lakers.

Damb I went to high in the draft. Wanted to get chosen by the Lakers.

If you play Live Run, when you level up to 20 you can't play the mode on the demo any more. Read the comments on Youtube.

Game is dope. Keep wanting to go back to it. Definitely gonna preorder. Gonna pick up 2K this year too. It’s good to have competing NBA games again. Hopefully Live can really pressure 2K and we can get some real upgrades to basketball games. Tired of the yearly incremental 2K updates.

If you play Live Run, when you level up to 20 you can't play the mode on the demo any more. Read the comments on Youtube.

Damn, thanks for the heads up.

Drafted by the Celtics, but I play PG. Not with playing off-ball.:smh:

Had so much fun with the demo I had to pre order. The dribbling and layups are top notch. Not gonna sit here and bash 2k because I've enjoyed them over the years but I'm making the switch this year. My only complaints with love so far are to many menus.

Had so much fun with the demo I had to pre order. The dribbling and layups are top notch. Not gonna sit here and bash 2k because I've enjoyed them over the years but I'm making the switch this year. My only complaints with love so far are to many menus.
Lol Yo dead *** there are way too many menus

I went #2 to the Lakers and I'm a clippers fan so I'm gettin traded asap rocky

I should have started jacking up shots to drop back down to #2. I'm curious though whether you end up replacing the actual guy the team took at that pick, like would my player be there instead of Fultz or are they already on the team? Game is fun, but still think I'm going to stick with 2K.

It's not a bad game, but so used to 2K so I'm sticking with that.

Graphics/animations is easily on 2K for sure.
This is the biggest hurdle they'll have to overcome after going ghost for so long.

Gotta take it 1 year at a time tho

Back
Top Bottom