Official NBA Finals Game 4: 06/11 Los Angeles Lakers @ Orlando Magic 6:00PM PST ABC

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

Lakers 8-0 after a loss this postseason
pimp.gif

Wouldn't they be 1-0 since the Magic won the last game?

I haven't been able to post in these threads like I normally would since I made the step up in controlling my anger and am now able to watch the games withother people
laugh.gif
, I just wanted to come in here and give props to Derek Fisher for coming up huge. I have said so many bad things about his play, most ofwhich were 100% true, but he had confidence in himself and came through when we really needed it.

Ariza was huge tonight too. That 3 as the shot clock expired was CLUTCH.

Kobe stunk it up again. I dunno what his deal is when it comes to the Finals, but it's like he's determined to make things difficult for himself.I'm just looking at his poster on my wall and
smh.gif
smh.gif
right now. Who cares though as long as we WIN.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Side note, what the hell was up with the refs tonight?

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Son you grasping at straws right now.
Missed FT's >>>>>>>>>>> Kobe's Foul
Kobe has to have space to make an overhead pass. Nelson's face just happened to be in the way.

laugh.gif

The justification...

Ah, well, when you're close to a championship, rules shmules, doesn't matter I guess.

grin.gif

So if Kobe shoots a jumpshot and his elbow hits Nelson's face, do you think that should be a foul on Kobe?

No, because he'd be in the middle of making a play.

Kobe turned and elbowed Nelson, THEN found Fisher at the top. It wasn't all in one motion.

Offensive foul. Magic ball.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Shard with a straight out lie

"I didn't know who was out there Jameer or Rafer, I was on the court playing"

the hell outta here.

It all boils down to who wants it more .

A couple of weeks ago I didn't know who to cheer for ... the Magic are (were) like kids in a candyshop just happy to be in the position they were in , incomparison to a "veteran" Laker team .

I'm a huge Kobe fan BTW . I chose the Magic to cheer for ... they don't look like they want it now .

Ill be happy either way though .

Damn Orlando .
smh.gif

Kobe wants it more ... I don't know about the Lakers as a whole so much ... they want it for Kobe .

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by franchise3

SVG basically said experience is overrated in the Finals, and missed FT's and TO's is what did them in.

He said they actually didn't have a foul to give at the end of the 4th. In retrospect because Jameer gave so much space, might as well fouled. But with 11 seconds, too much time to put them on the line, make 2 and then it's a 1 pt game with 6-7 seconds, and they weren't shooting FT's well themselves (point of not fouling in the 1st place)

Said Magic outscored in the 3rd, so he went with Jameer and that unit, and they were playing well, and it was like 10 mins since Skip saw action so he chose to keep Jameer in.

SVG should say that.

But I doubt he sleeps at all.

Rafer was doing SO WELL! Hitting great shots making great plays.

And you take him out for somebody who has been out about 4-5 months?

I don't get it one bit. I hoped and PRAYED for it. And he did it!
i dont know... Rafer was killing it in the first half but got burnt in the 3rd which led the lakers comback. Jameer in the 4th was actuallyfacilitating the game much better. but i cant say much about his defense.

yea u can say Rafer shoulda been out there, but in the 4th the Magics offense was clicking, and that pick n roll was effective because Jameers defender couldntfall back into the Lane.

We blamin D12 for them FTs but Hedo Missed about 5 or so down the stretch. it was horrible!

Kobe has to have space to make an overhead pass. Nelson's face just happened to be in the way.

laugh.gif

The justification...

Ah, well, when you're close to a championship, rules shmules, doesn't matter I guess.

grin.gif
So if Kobe shoots a jumpshot and his elbow hits Nelson's face, do you think that should be a foul on Kobe?

Kobe turned and elbowed Nelson, THEN found Fisher at the top. It wasn't all in one motion.

And Kobe wasn't making a play? He has to turn his body, otherwise he doesn't find Fisher at the top of the key.

I'm not disputing that it could've been a foul. But it could've gone either way and is much more ambiguous than you think.

That elbow from Kobe on Jameer was just a good no call. I don't think Kobe saw him in his peripheral while passing that out to Fisher.

But I just knew they would call that an offensive, refs let it go.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

laugh.gif

The justification...

grin.gif

And Kobe wasn't making a play? He has to turn his body, otherwise he doesn't find Fisher at the top of the key.

I'm not disputing that it could've been a foul. But it could've gone either way and is much more ambiguous than you think.

no that elbow by Kobe was called how it had been called the entire game...

Dwight does it all the time trying to get position & when he makes his moves...

so fair call in my book

CLASSIC GAME, MUCH RESPECT TO ORLANDO FANS.....

*feels good to know the haters*
will have nightmares tonight though.

Originally Posted by abernja

pimp.gif

Wouldn't they be 1-0 since the Magic won the last game?

what? After each loss the Lakers have suffered in the playoffs they have come back with a win. 8-0
My bad. I was thinking 8 consecutive wins.

laugh.gif

The justification...

grin.gif

I don't think so because Nelson moved into Kobe, while he was holding the ball up high.

Besides, they're not gonna call those kinds of petty fouls at the end of the game in the Finals. A lot of calls could have gone either way, to be honest.

What I simply do not get is why Pau had to dunk that ball in the end. No need, they should have taken the win graciously and dribbled out the clock...

But in any case, one more game and it's all over.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

It all boils down to who wants it more .

A couple of weeks ago I didn't know who to cheer for ... the Magic are (were) like kids in a candyshop just happy to be in the position they were in , in comparison to a "veteran" Laker team .

I'm a huge Kobe fan BTW . I chose the Magic to cheer for ... they don't look like they want it now .

Ill be happy either way though .

Damn Orlando .
smh.gif

Kobe wants it more ... I don't know about the Lakers as a whole so much ... they want it for Kobe .
How are you gonna say the Lakers don't want it as a whole? You don't think Pau or LO are trying to get that 'chip as much as kobe?These are the same dudes who got their !$% handed to them in front of the whole world in the finals last year.. Of course the Lakers as a WHOLE want this asmuch as Kobe...

Passing the ball to Fisher was making a play.

Turning, then elbowing Nelson was not.

He wasn't clearing space, he wasn't in process of a play.

The tape says it's not ambiguous at all.

The ghost of Red, where are you at? If you don't step in Phil will surpass you...Who am I kidding, even Red can't get the Magic back in this series

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

pimp.gif

yeah sure buddy. Last time I checked, they lost 1 game to Utah, 3 games to Houston, 2 games to Denver, and 1 game to Orlando.

That's 7 losses. So how can they be 8-0 after losses?

Another reason I can't stand Lakers' fans, they ride their squad too much. Always trying to give them extra credit.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Edit: warned for personal attack. That simply means that theyhaven't lost consecutive games for the entire playoffs.

pimp.gif

yeah sure buddy. Last time I checked, they lost 1 game to Utah, 3 games to Houston, 2 games to Denver, and 1 game to Orlando.

Another reason I can't stand Lakers' fans, they ride their squad too much. Always trying to give them extra credit.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
ok excuse me 7-0. you're trying a little to hard there my friend. They haven't lost consecutive games, happy?
laugh.gif
salty

pimp.gif

eyes.gif
eyes.gif

RIF!

[table][tr][td]Conference Quarterfinals Schedule/Results[/td] [/tr][tr][td]APRIL[/td] [td]OPPONENT[/td] [td]RESULT[/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]HI POINTS[/td] [td]HI REBOUNDS[/td] [td]HI ASSISTS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, Apr 19[/td] [td]Utah[/td] [td]W 113-100[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [td]K. Bryant 24[/td] [td]P. Gasol 9[/td] [td]K. Bryant 8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue, Apr 21[/td] [td]Utah[/td] [td]W 119-109[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [td]K. Bryant 26[/td] [td]K. Bryant 6
P. Gasol 6[/td] [td]K. Bryant 9
T. Ariza 9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu, Apr 23[/td] [td]@ Utah[/td] [td]L 86-88[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]L. Odom 21[/td] [td]L. Odom 14[/td] [td]K. Bryant 6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Apr 25[/td] [td]@ Utah[/td] [td]W 108-94[/td] [td]3-1[/td] [td]K. Bryant 38[/td] [td]L. Odom 15[/td] [td]L. Odom 6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon, Apr 27[/td] [td]Utah[/td] [td]W 107-96[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]K. Bryant 31[/td] [td]L. Odom 15[/td] [td]K. Bryant 4
L. Odom 4
P. Gasol 4
T. Ariza 4[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Conference Semifinals Schedule/Results[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MAY[/td] [td]OPPONENT[/td] [td]RESULT[/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]HI POINTS[/td] [td]HI REBOUNDS[/td] [td]HI ASSISTS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon, May 4[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]L 92-100[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [td]K. Bryant 32[/td] [td]P. Gasol 13[/td] [td]K. Bryant 4
P. Gasol 4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed, May 6[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]W 111-98[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [td]K. Bryant 40[/td] [td]P. Gasol 14[/td] [td]L. Walton 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri, May 8[/td] [td]@ Houston[/td] [td]W 108-94[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]K. Bryant 33[/td] [td]L. Odom 13[/td] [td]J. Farmar 7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, May 10[/td] [td]@ Houston[/td] [td]L 87-99[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]P. Gasol 30[/td] [td]P. Gasol 9[/td] [td]K. Bryant 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue, May 12[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]W 118-78[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]K. Bryant 26[/td] [td]P. Gasol 13[/td] [td]J. Farmar 6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu, May 14[/td] [td]@ Houston[/td] [td]L 80-95[/td] [td]7-4[/td] [td]K. Bryant 32[/td] [td]L. Odom 14[/td] [td]K. Bryant 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, May 17[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]W 89-70[/td] [td]8-4[/td] [td]P. Gasol 21[/td] [td]P. Gasol 18[/td] [td]K. Bryant 5[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Conference Finals Schedule/Results[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MAY[/td] [td]OPPONENT[/td] [td]RESULT[/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]HI POINTS[/td] [td]HI REBOUNDS[/td] [td]HI ASSISTS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue, May 19[/td] [td]Denver[/td] [td]W 105-103[/td] [td]9-4[/td] [td]K. Bryant 40[/td] [td]P. Gasol 14[/td] [td]. Fisher 6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu, May 21[/td] [td]Denver[/td] [td]L 103-106[/td] [td]9-5[/td] [td]K. Bryant 32[/td] [td]P. Gasol 17[/td] [td]L. Walton 4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, May 23[/td] [td]@ Denver[/td] [td]W 103-97[/td] [td]10-5[/td] [td]K. Bryant 41[/td] [td]P. Gasol 11[/td] [td]K. Bryant 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon, May 25[/td] [td]@ Denver[/td] [td]L 101-120[/td] [td]10-6[/td] [td]K. Bryant 34[/td] [td]P. Gasol 10[/td] [td]K. Bryant 5
L. Walton 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed, May 27[/td] [td]Denver[/td] [td]W 103-94[/td] [td]11-6[/td] [td]K. Bryant 22[/td] [td]L. Odom 14[/td] [td]K. Bryant 8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri, May 29[/td] [td]@ Denver[/td] [td]W 119-92[/td] [td]12-6[/td] [td]K. Bryant 35[/td] [td]P. Gasol 12[/td] [td]K. Bryant 10[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]NBA Finals Schedule/Results[/td] [/tr][tr][td]JUNE[/td] [td]OPPONENT[/td] [td]RESULT[/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]HI POINTS[/td] [td]HI REBOUNDS[/td] [td]HI ASSISTS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu, Jun 4[/td] [td]Orlando[/td] [td]W 100-75[/td] [td]13-6[/td] [td]K. Bryant 40[/td] [td]L. Odom 14[/td] [td]K. Bryant 8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, Jun 7[/td] [td]Orlando[/td] [td]W 101-96 OT[/td] [td]14-6[/td] [td]K. Bryant 29[/td] [td]P. Gasol 10[/td] [td]K. Bryant 8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue, Jun 9[/td] [td]@ Orlando[/td] [td]L 104-108[/td] [td]14-7[/td] [td]K. Bryant 31[/td] [td]T. Ariza 7[/td] [td]K. Bryant 8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu, Jun 11[/td] [td]@ Orlando[/td] [td]W 99-91 OT[/td] [td]15-7[/td] [td]K. Bryant 32[/td] [td]P. Gasol 10[/td] [td]K. Bryant 8[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom