Official NBA ELITE 11 Thread Vol. Authentic Presentation :

roll.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

[h1][/h1]
[h1]NBA Live Becomes NBA Elite[/h1][h2]EA Sports is changing things up for its hallowed basketball series. [/h2][h2] May 26, 2010[/h2]

by Nate Ahearn
Here's EA's official statement on the name change: "We knew it was time to leave the past behind. We have exciting and significant changes coming to our NBA game this year that will usher in the future of basketball videogames. We look forward to releasing information on exactly how we'll be doing that over the next few months."

ohwell.gif

Wow.
eek.gif

NBA Elite = Ultimate Fail.

EA can work on Elite and make it the best basketball game ever, but this will do irreparable damage to the Live/Elite franchise and EA's reputation.

The developers are going to get crucified for this and deservedly so to some extent but I don't think they're totally at fault.

Kevin Durant must be pissed.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

But...

-NBA JAM will launch on the Wii, as scheduled, on October 5. NBA JAM won recognition this summer as the best sports game at E3 and it’s a blast to play. In addition to the Wii version, we’re going to ship NBA JAM as a standalone product on the Xbox360 and PS3 in time for the holidays. Watch for more news soon on the exact timing of that release.
pimp.gif

roll.gif
 $#+$%%+ serves them right for trying to pass off an under developed product to a new generation of gamers. That game clearly had the development on a level of NBA Live 2004. It looked horrible, and played EVEN WORSE. 
I had so much hope for Live 11, and once they changed the name I knew $%## was going to go bad. 

They need to remake the player models to compete with 2K's superior models, bring back the NBA Live 10 controls, get rid of those animated dunks and unrealistic take offs, *** in realistic crowd models, and continue to have the Dynamic DNA + Broaden the "Player career" mode, also increase the options in the create a player mode. Tired of generic faces/hairstyles.

The 2 things Live always did right were - Dynamic DNA and Its sneaker collection. 

It would be nice to have Create a Team mode again. 

But EA failed... Who knows how/why either. With as much attention to detail they bring to Madden, Fifa, and NHL, you would think that the NBA franchise would be great...

Hell, EA Skate's controls are 100x better than Elite
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

roll.gif

But...

-NBA JAM will launch on the Wii, as scheduled, on October 5. NBA JAM won
recognition this summer as the best sports game at E3 and it’s a blast
to play. In addition to the Wii version, we’re going to ship NBA JAM as a
standalone product on the Xbox360 and PS3 in time for the holidays
Watch for more news soon on the exact timing of that release.
pimp.gif

This....if they price it right

2k10 and nba jam
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

cant believe this, EA dropped the ball hard. i was looking forward to the new controls, maybe not a great game, but at least something new. i hate 2Ks controls...oh well.

lmao @ that Bynum pic. I wonder if a photographer intentionally told him to do that posee hahahahahahaha.

EA sports has a rep of making @+$@%* sports games for the last half of a decade, I don't know why anyone would expect a great basketball game developed by EA.

Originally Posted by bredin808

lmao @ that Bynum pic. I wonder if a photographer intentionally told him to do that posee hahahahahahaha.

EA sports has a rep of making @+$@%* sports games for the last half of a decade, I don't know why anyone would expect a great basketball game developed by EA.

well all the bad #!%* ea has done has finally caught up to them. can you imagine if there was an actual competitor for madden if ea allowed that??

So wait... They had to wait until the consumers complained before they decided to "Revise" the game?... They didn't see how horrible the game was themselves?

Originally Posted by hella handsome

roll.gif
 $#+$%%+ serves them right for trying to pass off an under developed product to a new generation of gamers. That game clearly had the development on a level of NBA Live 2004. It looked horrible, and played EVEN WORSE. 
I had so much hope for Live 11, and once they changed the name I knew $%## was going to go bad. 

They need to remake the player models to compete with 2K's superior models, bring back the NBA Live 10 controls, get rid of those animated dunks and unrealistic take offs, *** in realistic crowd models, and continue to have the Dynamic DNA + Broaden the "Player career" mode, also increase the options in the create a player mode. Tired of generic faces/hairstyles.

The 2 things Live always did right were - Dynamic DNA and Its sneaker collection. 

But EA failed... Who knows how/why either. With as much attention to detail they bring to Madden, Fifa, and NHL, you would think that the NBA franchise would be great...

30t6p3b.gif
People who have been following its development since day one know why. Peter Moore assigned the lead developer from the NHL series to oversee the Live/Elite franchise. He's the reason why Elite is the first game of a three year process.

Time to get Live 10 for $20
pimp.gif

I don't know why anyone would expect a great basketball game developed by EA.
Live 10 was good. Too many of you let your 2k stanism get in the way. If EA built on Live 10, this would have been a great year for basketball games.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
People who have been following its development since day one know why. Peter Moore assigned the lead developer from the NHL series to oversee the Live/Elite franchise. He's the reason why Elite is the first game of a three year process.

pimp.gif

Live 10 was good. Too many of you let your 2k stanism get in the way. If EA built on Live 10, this would have been a great year for basketball games.

QFT!

this is probably the best news I've heard from EA, why ???? Because instead of releasing a trash game they actually care enough to scrap it and work on it.....Live 10 was a good game all they had to do was build on it.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

QFT!

this is probably the best news I've heard from EA, why ???? Because instead of releasing a trash game they actually care enough to scrap it and work on it.....Live 10 was a good game all they had to do was build on it.
I have to disagree. For months they paraded Elite as a game that would change the industry and insulted our intelligence and it took an unprecedented amount of backlash from the Internet for them to delay the project.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

QFT!

I have to disagree. For months they paraded Elite as a game that would change the industry and insulted our intelligence and it took an unprecedented amount of backlash from the Internet for them to delay the project.

Yep.

When some dudes from OS got a chance to play the game a few weeks back and their impressions were less than positive (i.e. Boozer Dunkgate) the developers kept stressing that everyone wait for the demo, get a feel for the new controls, they feel very intiutive ....etc.  Well people got their hands on the demo and the rest is history.

If the response to the demo wasn't so overwhelming negative I guarantee Elite would be on store shelves next week.

I'm glad NBA Jam is coming out this year though. EA better not charge full price for the 360 and PS3 version since it isn't the full game like the Wii version.

Originally Posted by toine2983

ElijahBrohammed wrote:

Keithdajuiceman wrote:

ElijahBrohammed wrote:

hella handsome wrote:

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

QFT!

Yep.

When some dudes from OS got a chance to play the game a few weeks back and their impressions were less than positive (i.e. Boozer Dunkgate) the developers kept stressing that everyone wait for the demo, get a feel for the new controls, they feel very intiutive ....etc.  Well people got their hands on the demo and the rest is history.

If the response to the demo wasn't so overwhelming negative I guarantee Elite would be on store shelves next week.

I'm glad NBA Jam is coming out this year though. EA better not charge full price for the 360 and PS3 version since it isn't the full game like the Wii version.

I can agree with this

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Live 10 was a solid basketball game.

Agreed.

It was just lacking game modes like season or dynasty.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

Anyone know when there actually gonna update the Live rosters? 

They BETTER have rosters with DLContent so we can have real player models for rookies, etc. 
And more shoes, updated jerseys, etc. 

Back
Top Bottom