>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

Damn I just realized they didn't give Chris Bosh any Signature skills. :x :smh:

But I've seen players overall in their 60's with Sig skills.

Can you finally simulate games in myplayer? I hate that we never have the option to pick a date and simulate to it.

They used to have a simulate to end option. Idk why they removed it.

Can you finally simulate games in myplayer? I hate that we never have the option to pick a date and simulate to it.

Thats the same thing I wanna know. I hate that my player has been around this long and you can't even sim games. I even think sim key games is stupid because you end up playing the same teams

Thats the same thing I wanna know. I hate that my player has been around this long and you can't even sim games. I even think sim key games is stupid because you end up playing the same teams

well to be fair, the key games are gonna be the same teams because those teams is where they have the elite players.

Depending on your position is what determines the key games.

When I was a PG most of my key games were Cetics because of Rajon Rondo, Warriors because of Steph Curry, Clippers because of Chris Paul, thunder because of Russel Westbrook and bulls because of derrick rose

Now I'm a SG and my key games are Heat ( wade ), Lakers ( kobe ) Cavs ( harden- traded to the cavs for my player ). So thats pretty much why key games are the same teams

Last edited:
well to be fair, the key games are gonna be the same teams because those teams is where they have the elite players.

Depending on your position is what determines the key games.

When I was a PG most of my key games were Cetics because of Rajon Rondo, Warriors because of Steph Curry, Clippers because of Chris Paul, thunder because of Russel Westbrook and bulls because of derrick rose

Now I'm a SG and my key games are Heat ( wade ), Lakers ( kobe ) Cavs ( harden- traded to the cavs for my player ). So thats pretty much why key games are the same teams

What I noticed is that as you progress in myplayer, players get alot better. And you have a guy like 88 overall, who's not really a star per second, being a key game.

It sucks having to play like 6 key games in a 8 game stretch. Sometimes I just want to see how my myplayer produces when simmed.

Maybe you guys can help me out. Has anyone been able to successfully use custom rosters in online leagues. Everytime I've tried to upload them, it reverts back to the regular roster.

i expected there to be some shortcomings with this next gen version

but simple stuff like being not able to save and edit rosters properly is ridiculous

plus the game crashes a lot

my gm is just more stuff no one wanted, while still missing really simple elements.  Why are they trying to make this an RPG.  That's cool for my player

but not association.

if all you want to do is turn on 2k and play the game is cool, but most things beyond that will leave you frustrated

Last edited:
How do you simulate?

12th overall in pgs

85 stats rating

First of all, dang didn't know you could actually become an 85 that fast. Also You can't on next gen

I was a 99 overall on my First game :lol:

View media item 664554
You're playing offline tho b.. Using that sp

Nah i was online, but something wrong happen with my VC that forced me to use SP. But I bought my player to be 99. Cost me $10

Ok here we go ...

Why in all the hell would they allow you to purchase vc points but not let you use it on your stats? Not to mention I purchased the dam things on accident ... I'm stuck buying shoes I can't wear and Adidas sleeves ...

Speaking of shoes, when do I wear the shoes I customized and bought? Got me running around on the 76ers with some cake brick black and red maypops ... Why do I not have a shoes deal? I average 25 5 5 and dropped 45, 51 and 60 last 3 games ... Where are the endorsements? Should I have gone with Saul Goodman in the limo?

The movement on this game was TERRIBLE until I cranked up the speed ... Now, it's harder to defend but at least I feel like my guy is semi-responsive when I move the joystick ... The og tuners had that Bridgestone rubber on the soles of my shoes ... Side track, they should add skeezers to mycareer like Beadle so I could get my Ponder on ...

This dude Jackson Ellis blows me ... I cook bait this man and he got the funky Js on ... I dropped 22 in he first quarter on dude in the rookie game and said screw it and got thrown out complaining about a foul ... They make his jumper super wet but he can't see me ...

The 3pt contest mechanics minus whale be non-existent ... Have you feeling like aol dial up response time ...

And last but not least ... Dawg ... When I'm a 94 3pt rating and I release perfect with A quality shot, how in all the hells do I miss? Damn jizz system in full effect ... Smh

A couple of questions for veteran 2kers...

1. How can I run my team through a season? I did it last year but can't figure out how to do it this year.

2. How can you change the defense presence per player against the AI? In last year I could have my computer controlled player pressure, play off the ball etc. I can't find that option this year.

3. Can I only use the button to shoot? Last year I could choose the button or shot stick, but I prefer the button. I tried to cross with the shot stick and my dude ended up shooting. WTH? How can I fix that?

4. Also how can I call plays on the fly? It's no longer the d pad (right)? Voice commands are dope though, but work only about 50% of the time.

5. Why can't I just view the kicks in the game, I don't want to create J's or Lebrons, I just want to see them. How do I do that?

This is just an observation, but is it just me or does the defense play the passing the lanes EXTREMELY well? Granted the sliders are on default (pro), but I can not make a pass without hands going up. I also can not grab boards over the defense, they get everyone.

This has changed since 2k12 :x

Last edited:
A couple of questions for veteran 2kers...

1. How can I run my team through a season? I did it last year but can't figure out how to do it this year.

2. How can you change the defense presence per player against the AI? In last year I could have my computer controlled player pressure, play off the ball etc. I can't find that option this year.

3. Can I only use the button to shoot? Last year I could choose the button or shot stick, but I prefer the button. I tried to cross with the shot stick and my dude ended up shooting. WTH? How can I fix that?

4. Also how can I call plays on the fly? It's no longer the d pad (right)? Voice commands are dope though, but work only about 50% of the time.

5. Why can't I just view the kicks in the game, I don't want to create J's or Lebrons, I just want to see them. How do I do that?

This is just an observation, but is it just me or does the defense play the passing the lanes EXTREMELY well? Granted the sliders are on default (pro), but I can not make a pass without hands going up. I also can not grab boards over the defense, they get everyone.

This has changed since 2k12 :x

There is a MySeason mode. When you go to MyGM, there's an option to run a season.

You can shoot with the stick and button. Check out practice mode to learn the dribble moves and how it's different from shooting.

Press LB to call a quick play. If you press left on the D-Pad and press the left trigger, I think that brings up the plays like quick ISO, quick post up and all that.

If you want, change the CPU slider for playing passing lames to like 25-35 and you'll notice a difference.

I'm enjoying MyCareer. I like the fact that I haven't gotten a shoe deal yet and I'm 20 games in. The whole point is to earn something like that and I'm averaging 20-5-3. I look at someone like Kawhi Leonard and he barely got a shoe deal and I think he deserved one last year maybe.

The cut scenes may be cheesy and the meetings with the GM and coach are too, but at least it breaks up the monotony of just playing game after game after game.

The lack of post defense in my career :x
honestly after actually playing this game. its not that good of a game

Requested a trade last night to the GM.. hopefully I get traded to the TWolves.. they have the most interest in me 
pimp.gif

From Operation Sports Forums

Sean Barkley, I asked Ronnie several questions during his live broadcast last night. This information was asked and he verbally answered. So, the roster files will be fixed so that we can save them to our hard drive and use the edited rosters in My Career. He also said that after the patch is complete that the official 2K roster update would be going live. The only negative bit of information I heard was that after the patch people MAY have to restart their My Careers. Ronnie said sometime today he would get all the information and tweet it to us.

Patch will be out "Any day now".

Back
Top Bottom