>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

Like I have always said, Live's name should be banned much like other words here on NT. They do not exist until they release a damn game. Point blank. How can 2K look like Live? So 2K looks like a blank piece of paper? Come on AI-Axias.

Like I have always said, Live's name should be banned much like other words here on NT. They do not exist until they release a damn game. Point blank. How can 2K look like Live? So 2K looks like a blank piece of paper? Come on AI-Axias.

I like how 2k looks on next gen, very promising. But I must admit, I'm a little dissapointed with some aspects of the gameplay.

-Them main thing being balance. I hate how there are cross matchups almost every time after a rebound. The center shouldnt be back on defense sticking the pg when he crosses half court after a miss.

-I'd also like to see more chest passes, and less overhead two arm passes on the perimeter. Spacing is still an issue. Big men shouldn't always imediately post once you cross half court. Off ball still needs a ton of work.

- The CPU needs to initiate the offense way sooner, and also farther away. not at the 3 pt line. That helps with spacing dramatically.

-With fast breaks, I hate how the players always cut under the basket. The fast break lanes still arent fixed.

-And last but not least, SPEED is ignored in the half court. Slow Bigs should not be able to stick with quick guards on a switch. They should either sag off, or be blown by easily.

I like how 2k looks on next gen, very promising. But I must admit, I'm a little dissapointed with some aspects of the gameplay.

-Them main thing being balance. I hate how there are cross matchups almost every time after a rebound. The center shouldnt be back on defense sticking the pg when he crosses half court after a miss.

-I'd also like to see more chest passes, and less overhead two arm passes on the perimeter. Spacing is still an issue. Big men shouldn't always imediately post once you cross half court. Off ball still needs a ton of work.

- The CPU needs to initiate the offense way sooner, and also farther away. not at the 3 pt line. That helps with spacing dramatically.

-With fast breaks, I hate how the players always cut under the basket. The fast break lanes still arent fixed.

-And last but not least, SPEED is ignored in the half court. Slow Bigs should not be able to stick with quick guards on a switch. They should either sag off, or be blown by easily.

Damn, you sound like basketball scientist with that breakdown. I like. :smokin

Damn, you sound like basketball scientist with that breakdown. I like.
smokin.gif
Thanks man. I watch alot of ball on all levels. I just think those are basic basketball things that are ignored, and would really open up the game. If 2K really prides itself on sim, then I think things like that need to be addressed.

Does every big man on every team post immediately when you cross halfcourt?

Quit with the nit picking , if you feel that 2K is a Sim first basketball game that's fine. Some people just feel otherwise.

Don't think Live is showing gameplay because just like the trailer and blogs everybody is just gonna focus on the visuals compared to 2K rather than the depth in controls and some of the features they're implementing. Granted visuals are the first thing that grabs your attention/stands out to a viewer, but looking past that there seems to be some substance. And the game will have a demo to try on release date of the game. That doesn't say I'm ashamed of my product to me. That's saying we know we don't have your trust due to the past cancellations....here's what we're doing...try it and if you like it the full game is on the shelf. And if you think Live doesn't do some things better than 2K and vice versa idk what to tell you lol

No excuses. They had more than a year to perfect the craft and kinks even with graphics after all the other Lives flopped.

No excuses. They had more than a year to perfect the craft and kinks even with graphics after all the other Lives flopped.
Not once did I say it was an excuse...and that can be said for every game then right? Each year games have flaws, some still persist into the next game. For example, using Live's competition....rebounding has been something the community has been vocal about, yet it's still a problem to an extent as well as other AI issues, players cutting when you're passing the ball and they're already wide open, screens (although Mike said he's worked on them getting correct angles in the stream yesterday so it should be improved), online is said to still not be as good, association logic, etc etc. Why are these issues/kinks still present (as far as we know) even though they knew about them and still had time to correct them. As for Live, I even think they came out and said they had a regular dev cycle for 14 not some 2-3 years like everyone is thinking. Plus this is the foundation to build on just like 2K14 is going to be a foundation for more things moving forward on their side. Every game has and will have flaws, just in different areas

Back to the actual game of this thread tho (even tho its fair to compare since their both games aiming at a similar audience and geared towards sim experiences), I wonder if you can change the frequency of cutscenes, because after every made basket there's one. That takes away from the tempo of an up and down style of play that some teams use even after made baskets. In the future maybe they can have this going real time and not a cutscene like FIFA is doing next gen. Also I agree with the above poster points 

Not once did I say it was an excuse...and that can be said for every game then right? Each year games have flaws, some still persist into the next game. For example, using Live's competition....rebounding has been something the community has been vocal about, yet it's still a problem to an extent as well as other AI issues, players cutting when you're passing the ball and they're already wide open, screens (although Mike said he's worked on them getting correct angles in the stream yesterday so it should be improved), online is said to still not be as good, association logic, etc etc. Why are these issues/kinks still present (as far as we know) even though they knew about them and still had time to correct them. As for Live, I even think they came out and said they had a regular dev cycle for 14 not some 2-3 years like everyone is thinking. Plus this is the foundation to build on just like 2K14 is going to be a foundation for more things moving forward on their side. Every game has and will have flaws, just in different areas

I could understand 2k's flaws from current to next gen. Live? no excuses. Dudes ain't done **** for years but watch 2k. The game should be amazing with all the time they have had on their hands for years and cancelled games and just sticking with next gen, but it wont be. When was the last Live game...

Let me just play the game though.

I could understand 2k's flaws from current to next gen. Live? no excuses. Dudes ain't done **** for years but watch 2k. The game should be amazing with all the time they have had on their hands for years and cancelled games and just sticking with next gen, but it wont be. When was the last Live game...

Let me just play the game though.

Yeah I don't see how you said it won't be a good game. Fact is we don't know. It may be trash. But like you said just play the game...or not....end of the day we all have different preferences for what we look for and enjoy in games and anything else for that matter

I don't think we will ever get a perfect basketball game fresh out the box. This is why you have roster makers and slider adjustments. I guess it sucks more for the people who prefer to play online more than anything else, but I do most of my game playing off line. My 2k13 is still very fun to play due to the roster I have and these guys do a better job than 2K when it comes to player tendencies, playbooks and attention to detail in terms of gear/shoes/etc.

I can only imagine how great the game will be once the roster makers begin to put in their work. At the end of the day, the game looks great. It does have some flaws, but I have yet to see a perfect basketball video game. The closest to perfect you can get is by using a new roster that make the flaws less noticeable or completely fixed. The way you play the game also has a lot to do with how much fun you have in the game. You can't run wild in the game and expect it to look fluent. That's the point of it being a sim basketball game.

I will give Live a try as well, but the only thing I love about Live is the dribbling motion. They also seem to pay good attention to detail when it comes to the gear, shoes, etc. but that's about it. The game always have that arcadish feel to it to me for some reason. But, I will definitely give it a try and see if it can lure me away from 2K. At the end of the day, I'm not dedicated to either game but I want to play the game that gives me what I want.

They seriously need to fix that oversize forearm band :x

I thought KG was the only one with that problem but even Jordan has the oversize band :smh:

Last edited:

Guess the kicks didnt make the next gen jump with the players
Was hoping 2k would've come and said those were current gen screenshots, because that's what they look like.

laugh.gif
@ the Air Randy reference.

Game looks good. Spacing still an issue. I hope 2K  (and live for that matter) can adopt a motion offense system like NCAA College Basketball 10 did. There was constant movement off ball, screens, back cuts.

Guys didn't run into each other or occupy the same space. And the offense was initiated sooner. I love the camera angles on NCAA College Bball 10 too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom