Official NBA 2k13 Thread

finally got it!!!

any NTers on xbl wanna run?? gamertag -  the the DAcannon

question tho...im not really fond of the new controls...my question is, do you think ill be putting myself at a disadvantage if i used 2k12's controls?? i ask that because im scared im going to use them all this year, then next year they wont have the 2k12 option...

Damn, i signed with JB in MyCareer. I'm sorta re-thinking that because there's a SLEW of kicks under Nike.
Also where is Training Camp located? I gotta get ALL these controls down. :smh:
What's the best way to earn mad VC? Cuz MyCareer games certainly aint it....you get like 300-400 for a ball out game.
It is under Game Modes > Practice > Training Camp
you'll also get an Under Armour shoe unlocked after finishing all the trainings but you can also have it easily unlocked by putiing "underarmour" in the codes.

Anyway, I agree with all of you. the controls need a little getting used to. I'm so used to the right shot stick in 2K12. I need to play more gamesto get the controls right.

I'm glad im not the only one getting slandered on social media. I had a solid game against L.A the second time we played and some dude was like yeah great game for the Blazers too bad you didnt contribute :lol:. Wale & Mac Miller did hit me up saying I was dope though :pimp:. Steve Blake tweeted some foolishness about blowing us out before the game and back peddled after we gave him that work :pimp:

I really don't like the new controls. I switched to shot stick and did well but then lost 3 straight to ******** with the lakers. I think I'm just gonna practice in training camp mode. Honestly the game feels more like the old Live games than 2K and I hate it. I'm a casual gamer I don't have time to learn 8 different ways to shoot & dunk. Foh with that encyclopedia size training guide

I really don't like the new controls. I switched to shot stick and did well but then lost 3 straight to ******** with the lakers. I think I'm just gonna practice in training camp mode. Honestly the game feels more like the old Live games than 2K and I hate it. I'm a casual gamer I don't have time to learn 8 different ways to shoot & dunk. Foh with that encyclopedia size training guide

Its really not that serious. Moves aren't going to win the game for you.

Just make sure your holding turbo AND the modifier when you're trying to dunk. That was my problem.

did they really have to change the controls AGAIN? I find it weird using 2 joysticks for a damn crossover.

Another complaint: for 2k12 I had to get used to the in game substitution (press down to open/close instead of B to close in 2k11). now they switched it back to B to close like it was in 2k11. ******* keep fixing **** when its not broken.

Mine is set to 2k12 controls and game is running perfect for me since i was heavy on 2k12

I've played like 6 games online and surprisingly I haven't seen the Heat/Lakers/OKC yet. It's been weird playing teams like the Pacers, Knicks, Wizards, etc. Nice change of pace from 2K12 where 95% was Heat, 2% OKC, 2% Lakers, 1% any other squad. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I've been putting in work with the Nets though. Took me like a full game to adjust to the 2-3 zone and the 1-2-2 :smh: but Johnson's just KILLS teams from the corners. I'm loving the signature skills and that feeling when you pull off a move to activate it. :smokin I'm liking the game a lot more online this year. The spacing is A LOT better. The play "2-3 Killer" gives you so much damn movement and options against the zone, I love it. Sometimes, players'll finish inside and fly through contact but the majority of the time, if your guy is there and you hold LT, they'll contest it. The only thing annoying me is people constantly playing zone ALL game. Even when I pick it apart smh.

Last thing - these old rosters are KILLING me with the Nets. Our squad isn't deep anyway but right now, my only big man off the bench is Reggie Evans (and Donte Green but c'mon now). He's nice but damn son. I need Teletovic and Blatche. Some big bodies that can shoot. Anyone that 's over 6'7. Thank god I haven't played that Lakers front line :x

JJ and DWill splitting ball handling duties :smokin:smokin

I was practicing and creating shoes mostly on Tuesday. Did some scrimmaging and more shoe creations yesterday. Before going to bed, I decided to play a full game (12 mins on all-star/sim using a few slider edits from OS). Grizzlies (me) vs Warriors (cpu) and it was fun. I played a few short games before that that was maybe 3-4 mins long, but I'm really starting to get use to the isomotion.

I always used square to shoot, so it was a little easier for me to adjust. Like someone mentioned above, you just have to get use to holding down the modifier as well to dunk the ball. I ended up winning the game 111-103. The only issues I had was the offensive rebounding being terrible. The shooting percentage was high in the 1st half (around 60% for both teams), in the 2nd half I was able to contain Golden State and little better and it dropped to 49%. Mine was still around 54%.

On OS, I was reading that the game is a lot more realistic on pro or all-star with the sim sliders than superstar or HOF. If you're a sim gamer and like to play association, I'll suggest going with that.

I'm running the PC version on my Macbook Pro through Wineskin wrappers and it runs flawless on the new 2012 MBP that released this summer.
With the graphics set all the way to high on everything, this game is great.

On PS3 I'm loving it as well, I'm waiting for someone to set up a PS3 league :nerd:

Add me on PSN - PrimoPWNS

Mine is set to 2k12 controls and game is running perfect for me since i was heavy on 2k12

To do that did you switch the Isomotion/Shots to Shots/Isomotion? I did that and still have trouble doing crossovers, shooting, etc. I was a damn beast in 2k12 too :smh:

To do that did you switch the Isomotion/Shots to Shots/Isomotion? I did that and still have trouble doing crossovers, shooting, etc. I was a damn beast in 2k12 too :smh:

Yeah and then you just gotta play the game as if you was playing 2k12. Im doing moves by the left stick only and RT down and then shooting with the shot stick without LT and its going good as if it was 2k12.

If your thinking weather or not to buy this game. BUY IT!

Its the realest basketball video game EVER! Best ever!

For those who say it sucks. You must suck. The controls must be to difficult for you.

These controls aren't going to take a day to get, or even a week to get own every single move. Its gonna take months til you know how to do every single move anytime you want.

Best video game out RIGHT NOW!

2k Definitely stepped it up big time. So many cheeses are gone in this game.

They definitely proved themselves. This is what i been waiting for. :smokin

ok so i edited the shox bb4 in myplayer why didnt it save? i saved penny 2 but shoxs wouldnt...

When you do that make sure you saved the data, on top of the autosave. Happened to me at first, but I just save once manually, and once on auto save.

And same thing when you put them on the player as well

i've made so many dope *** shoes on there. i hate that some of the shoes only have like 3 custom options tho.

how come you cant change accessories in myplayer? thats dumb as hell.

wish i could change my players position. i'm gonna need a hack for that.

dropped triple double during rookie showcase :pimp:

where'd u go in the draft?

Was about to restart my MyPlayer so I could get drafted in the lottery and get the achievement, but then realized if I did that then it would waste all the VC I've spent on my current guy. So I just started a new offline MyPlayer as a PG.... Noooow I see why yall play point. Its sooooo much easier 
laugh.gif

How do you start your my player over? I'd like to create my guy over again but can't figure it out!

Game is bananas, crossing dudes up with D.Rose is too easy, but than again, he makes it look so easy in real life. My only complaint so far is that the fast break has a small lil hiccup when D.Rose, CP3 or any guard for that matters catches the ball. It's like the animation isn't ready for it, or takes a second to realize you're going for a fast break. Why can't it be smoove, catch the ball run, or rebound the ball run :smh:

So I take it this game is dope? Been hearing good things about this and the new Resident Evil. Debatin on whether or not I should give the 2K series a shot. Was never really good in it w/ the controls

I'm running the PC version on my Macbook Pro through Wineskin wrappers and it runs flawless on the new 2012 MBP that released this summer.
With the graphics set all the way to high on everything, this game is great.
On PS3 I'm loving it as well, I'm waiting for someone to set up a PS3 league :nerd:
Add me on PSN - PrimoPWNS
Wineskin is a life saver :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom