Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Didn't download the demo so wasn't hip to these new controls. Just played my first game and it was a struggle just to get a win on pro
sick.gif
Not even gonna play anyone till I fully master the new controls, and it looks like it's going to take a while.

Those of you who don't use 2k camera, what camera do you use?

How in the blue hell do you call for a quick pick on the PS3?! Used to be right on the D-Pad but now it's for specific plays
it was like that last year, if I remember correctly.  To call for screen, LB, choose the player you want to set the pick

from there, you will see the meter,  quick hold for slip screen, medium for screen and fade, long for screen and roll

Can you play blacktop with your friends?

You need to play unranked to use classic teams.

Last edited:
I've been playing back on the default settings and difficulty... I'm not so bad now 
laugh.gif

Didnt think i would have enough time to play till friday due to a few midterms, but one professor pushed it back to next week and the other pretty much gave us the answers to it today. So i picked up my copy after class and the game is definitely going to take a little while to get used to. Pick and roll is a lot better. I just need to work on my post moves (swear every year they change it up) and find ways to get easier baskets.

switched my controls from isomotion/shot to shot/isomotion. Feels a lot better to me using the stick to shoot pullups, runners, fadeaways and dunk.

Anyone else play MyTeam and actually have decent players?

I've got an okay roster. Scooped up Harrison Barnes. Got Dell Curry starting at the 2 with Tony Allen coming off the bench along with Steve Novak.

Played one match today against another MyTeam and thankfully he had scrubs because due to the ability to buy VC, there's already squads out there with Superstar players.

Seen a youtube video where a cat had Steph Curry-Kobe Bryant-Kevin Durant-Lebron James-Dwight Howard :x

If I run into a squad of that caliber with my lineup of Norris Cole-Dell Curry-Harrison Barnes-Chris Wilcox-Ronny Turiaf, I'm quitting and probably won't touch MyTeam again.

Idk y 2k doesn't go back to using lobbies in online mode. Classic teams only against the cpu or friends... Only downfall so far. I want variety when it comes to online match ups not just going at heat, okc, lakers every game

Last edited:
How's the game looking? I plan on getting it eventually but I Felt like the past two were disappointing so I was planning on getting Fifa before I cop this.

How's the game looking? I plan on getting it eventually but I Felt like the past two were disappointing so I was planning on getting Fifa before I cop this.

Depends if you liked 2K12. You'll like 2K13 better. If you hated 2K12, I'd test it out first.

It takes getting used to with new controls. But dribbling feels better. And for defense you can honestly see in the animations how they got better, and it feels/looks more life like.

If you turn it over.. And you don't have a man in front or running with the guy, chances are you are not catching up with him.

Still some glitches. Still has some lag at times.

But from the couple games I played it felt much better than 2K12.

Last edited:
Do I just use my DLC code in the codes area?? and is it working yet?

Just got home to play. Game is dope as hell, I LOVE the right stick feature.

Went right into My Career, balled up at the rookie showcase with 21 and 10 dimes. Drafted by the Bulls in the first round :pimp:....only problem is that I'm a PG :lol:. Been put in at the 2 guard a lot and been murkin alongside D.Rose.

Had me like :wow: when I saw that the Nike Jet Flights are an option for shoes, my all time favorites behind the BB4's... Side note, does that mean Nike is re-releasin the Jet Flights or are they just randomly in 2K13?

Just got home to play. Game is dope as hell, I LOVE the right stick feature.

Went right into My Career, balled up at the rookie showcase with 21 and 10 dimes. Drafted by the Bulls in the first round
pimp.gif
....only problem is that I'm a PG
laugh.gif
. Been put in at the 2 guard a lot and been murkin alongside D.Rose.

Had me like
eek.gif
when I saw that the Nike Jet Flights are an option for shoes, my all time favorites behind the BB4's... Side note, does that mean Nike is re-releasin the Jet Flights or are they just randomly in 2K13?
did you notice how many other pairs of random old Nikes there are in the game? 
laugh.gif

Didnt think i would have enough time to play till friday due to a few midterms, but one professor pushed it back to next week and the other pretty much gave us the answers to it today. So i picked up my copy after class and the game is definitely going to take a little while to get used to. Pick and roll is a lot better. I just need to work on my post moves (swear every year they change it up) and find ways to get easier baskets.
yeah you have to re-learn the post moves.  The training camp is good for that though.  That face-up drive is damn near automatic this year

you guys that are switching to the old controls, give the new ones a chance.  The right stick is buttery this year 

smh at the ability to buy skill points now for myplayer...
tired.gif

even though i wont buy em, i feel like in most cases with video games, when a company enables the buying factor, it just makes it seem like itll be harder to earn those points on your own because they want to entice you into buying. especially when 10,000 points is 3 dollars.

also smh at having to use your points to get player shots to use your myplayer. 2k is getting greedy

boooooo...they got rid of the dribbles and shots that are named after the players. now you just gotta look at the shots and try to figure out which one you want instead of choosing kobes fadeaway or something like that.
No they didn't.. You have to purchase them to unlock them

Back
Top Bottom