Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Haha I play with the Rockets half the time and Lin's jumper was tough at first but now I can knock em down at a consistant rate

Yeah, the only person I could score with consistently on the Rockets was with JLamb, KMart and Parsons... BUT WE GOT HARdEN NOW!!!!!!!!

stephen curry does not miss 3pt shooters. i hate stephen curry cheesers.

U use the Clippers, though. Blake and DeAndre gobble up all the offensive boards while dunking everything in the paint, Paul gets 8 steals a game with that lame picket pocket sig, Paul gets to the paint at will with continuous spamming of iso-motion to the hoop (can't even steal it from him, his jumper is also cheese from everywhere), while Crawford and Butler never miss. They're the best overall team and cheesiest team in the game.

Yeah, the only person I could score with consistently on the Rockets was with JLamb, KMart and Parsons... BUT WE GOT HARdEN NOW!!!!!!!!
IDK how Gary Forbes is now but on 2k11 with the nuggets his three ball was money and his release was super glitchy. Hit so many Game-winners with him cause I would bring him in and nobody would respect his quick trigger and because he was the 12th man on the rotation.

Since everyone's talking about the 3. You can walk up and knock down at will with both Austin Rivers and Jimmer Fredette.

What the **** is wrong with the defense in this game? This is the worst I've ever seen it. Players don't react at all.

so this thread has just turned into *****ing about a diff player every post being unstoppable? im not going to lie, i complained at first too but after reading post after post. it just seems like either everyones unstoppable or you suck. I am the latter. everyone else will more than likely fall into the latter catergory. its upto you to accept that and stop *****ing.

so this thread has just turned into *****ing about a diff player every post being unstoppable? im not going to lie, i complained at first too but after reading post after post. it just seems like either everyones unstoppable or you suck. I am the latter. everyone else will more than likely fall into the latter catergory. its upto you to accept that and stop *****ing.
THen why you reading? Its the internet, you have a choice bruh

THen why you reading? Its the internet, you have a choice bruh

because this thread is called the nba 2k13 thread. not the *****ing thread. i came to find out tips, tricks, social commentary and other tidbits about the game. you on the other hand have a choice as well. instead of trying to start a fight or argument with every single person or topic you reply to, why dont you use your time to contribute positively for a change.

because this thread is called the nba 2k13 thread. not the *****ing thread. i came to find out tips, tricks, social commentary and other tidbits about the game. you on the other hand have a choice as well. instead of trying to start a fight or argument with every single person or topic you reply to, why dont you use your time to contribute positively for a change.
LOL, but I have!!!. Your in here complaining about complaining!!!

For those of you who aren't big fans of traditional fantasy (like me) I used to play a game that was based on the Efficiency Rating (not PER). It used to be called Virtual GM, then they changed the name to NBA Fastbreak. ESPN axed the game some years ago but now it is back. Basically you set your team each week and you accumulate points (efficiency). Each player has a value and it increases/decreases depending on his performances.

http://es.pn/VVGJR6 - Link to my group. Password is wwf.

There is a rules section for anyone that is interested. It is fun. Glad it is back.

Yeah now dudes will think I'm just another "bandwagon" Rockets user because of Harden, when in reality, I used them since the original release of the game. Oh well.

U use the Clippers, though. Blake and DeAndre gobble up all the offensive boards while dunking everything in the paint, Paul gets 8 steals a game with that lame picket pocket sig, Paul gets to the paint at will with continuous spamming of iso-motion to the hoop (can't even steal it from him, his jumper is also cheese from everywhere), while Crawford and Butler never miss. They're the best overall team and cheesiest team in the game.

I disagree. I use the clippers and cant get a single steal with Paul. How the hell yall doing it?? Let me know. Then CP3 Jumper just wont fall for me on a consistent basis. Butler has went 0 for everything on multiple occasions. So to say theyre the cheesiest I disagree but I had one game where Blake dunked 10-16 shots. Kinda OD but I still lost. Maybe I need to work on shot release and using the sig skills then but i disagree. Maybe im wrong tho

Is there any way for me to see my own scouting report? I wanna see how 2k Rates me and what my Guards Ballhandler percentage is

Finally played good enough to create my own shoes

Leggo!!

Nonflash/flash

And they gave me a commercial :wow: :rofl:

Sorry for the backround noise and video quality

Last edited:
i totally forgot this but they need to fix... make it where you can edit add shoes to the player while editing the player... seems like one of those ooops damn...didnt even notice this type of errors... and they said oh well to late maybe they wont notice/wont care

No wonder I hated online... didn't realize it was on pro.  Still hoping for a save update for the playcall show setting, started on Pro cuz it's been a while since I'd played this so wanted to give myself a taste of success.  Started season 2 pretty solid, like 8-4 then dropped to 10-12 before righting the ship and I'm like 23-15 now in the mid level playoff picture... Was a bit of a learning curve but I really love how going up and making players make contested shots was a great way to play D. 

Anyone else feel like you're team follows your example?  If I snowbird too much and don't crash the boards (I'm a 6'4" pg with like a 40 reb) then it seems like everyone else on the team stops blocking out and miss most rebounds that don't bounce into their hands, leading to tons of second chance points that were swinging the game...  Also when a star gets buttsore I'm pretty sure that will kill a team too... Monta got pissed when I told the GM I wanted him out (much rather have Jennings at the 2) and after Monta asked for a trade he was 6th and everytime we were out there he never passed the ball 1 out of 10 times, with a call for it haha.  Thank god they shipped his cancerous *** off. (FWIW I never complained about minutes/starting and just played my role the best I could, except it just became clear to me that Ellis and I were never on the same page whereas Jennings is trigger happy behind the line and I looooove that as a pass first ball handling PG....

can't wait to get my own shoe.  still havin trouble getting up to the all-star level... as a defensive/dish pg i find it hard to garner a lot of attention when BJ leads the league in scoring and I'm 2nd in assists haha  I dunno how I'm gonna leap frog DRose, Dwill, and Rondo til next year (currently developing my 3pointer)

Last edited:
sorry if this has been asked recently but i was out of town for 4 days and rather than not play more games I was curious if anyone has gotten a shoe deal that wasn't Nike/Jordan.  I mean are the other brands there for your MyPlayer or not? 

Don't know if this has been said but the only way to not get killed by the CPU on HOF is to actually score to prevent the automatic fast break layups on your missed shots. I know that sounds like captain obvious but its a lot easier said than done. I actually discovered a glitch that I use on damn near every possession until I get a lead and start to have fun. Basically I use my fastest and most athletic player, DRose since I use Bulls, post backdown at the top of the key and spin off away towards the baseline. It gives you a free run at the basket because of the turbo dislodge that makes the defense stop defending and since nobody can block dunks its a guaranteed dunk almost every time. If you have shooters at the SG, SF, or PF it can also make the defense collapse and give you wide open shots at the entirely too easy 3pt shots. Hinrich, Deng, and Bargnani (traded Boozer straight up) make like six 3's a game. Strategy... :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom