Official NBA 2k13 Thread

I can't see that working. I run with the Clippers and naturally Caron Butler is guarding him. That doesn't do a damn thing, once I started using BG on him at least inside the paint he started missed baskets here and there. From mid-range out nothing changed. I'll probably just focus on the rest of the team and let Melo do whatever he wants.

I hate Carmelo Anthony, there has to be a way to slow him down. I even had to put Blake Griffin on him and that does nothing.
See thats your problem LOL.

Star players like Durant and Melo ned to be stopped with team defense. Force Turnovers. Make him take bad shots.

I can't see that working. I run with the Clippers and naturally Caron Butler is guarding him. That doesn't do a damn thing, once I started using BG on him at least inside the paint he started missed baskets here and there. From mid-range out nothing changed. I'll probably just focus on the rest of the team and let Melo do whatever he wants.

Thats why you put your on ball and off ball defense on play tight on him or whoever else you see as a threat, DO NOT put it on Deny Ball because once they break theyre wide open and we all know how dumb the recovery defense is in this game. And make sure you at least hold L2 or Left Trigger when your close to him or around when he pulls up, this is a safe way of contesting (although Melo & KD prolly will make it anyways lol). I always play off the ball with the Center, gotta guard the paint the most lol

Last edited:
Man, im just starting my association with the bulls, almost beat the heat lost by 3. playing HOF is no joke. I got Nick Young with a lazy trade and Mike Redd before season started, cant even trust d.rose
ankle in a video game :smh:

Having to turn on play vision each game is so annoying
mean.gif
Better be included in the patch they release

About to start a franchise with the lakers, gonna try and grab harden and jennings to take over for Kobe and Nash

COMPLAINTS

Alley opps are unstoppable. Even the off the backboard alleys are unstoppable.

ALMOST nobody misses any shot in the paint. Paint scoring spam is back and since blocking is pretty much impossible, just pass the ball underneath the basket and you got a bucket.

The signature skills messes with the flow of the game. This year, dunkers literally GO THROUGH your body and dunk and since you can't block it, expect Lebron and Wade to just dunk on THROUGH EVERYONE.

What is up with ur NBA 2K, for me alley opps i only do if I am wide open, any time there some traffic it typically gets stopped unless its by a crazy dunker. backboard alley opps to ur self, for me as long as there someone in front I always go to lay up animation and prob miss it a little more than half the time

Shots in the paint, I would say they are the same as all these years.

Playing against computer, for me scoring in the paint as in driving to do lay ups and what not is harder for me this year.

my complaint is computer def rebounds is sometimes no existent. They would just stand there and let the other team get the OFF reb

Seems like no matter who you are or fast break against, Computer is always apply to catch up to either stop me from fast break or enough to mess with the shot. Not always but enough to where its BS.

another thing annoys me is comp defense rotation is way better than ur teams.

maybe i dont know how to play, but those are the things that have been ticking me off.

why y'all complaining about people not playing on ball defense? ha your basically saying you can't beat the computer
It isn't about not being able to BEAT the cpu, it is about having to PLAY the CPU. I want to play a human, not the CPU. I don't have to get online to do that. It is not fun.

It isn't about not being able to BEAT the cpu, it is about having to PLAY the CPU. I want to play a human, not the CPU. I don't have to get online to do that. It is not fun.
yea plus online u have to play the game as is...and lets face it,it has several flaws. If i edit it via sliders and thru mods etc ppl online will complain and be like oh i dont play it that way ur cheating/cheesing... And im like no im tweaking the game so it will be as close to the real nba experience as i can.

beat this dude 3 out of 4 games. first 3 were close, and then he quit the fourth game when i was up 16.

if anybody else wants to ball, hit me up: J RAIN 23

Yeah J Rain is nice. Can't front. Nick Young was juicing me! Lol we gonna get poppin again soon

If he only took one shot against your defense and went to the basket. That means whoever he was playing probably was playing horrible on ball defense (Because you ALWAYS get blown by, unless you have a great defender) & kept getting his opponent open looks at the rim

If he only took one shot against your defense and went to the basket. That means whoever he was playing probably was playing horrible on ball defense (Because you ALWAYS get blown by, unless you have a great defender) & kept getting his opponent open looks at the rim
It does not mean this. You can morph through plays and trigger dunk/layup animations in an unrealistic manner in the 2K series. Why is that so hard for you all to understand?

You must seriously not be playing the same game. Anybody that has played this year's edition knows how easy paint scoring is. They literally removed blocking from the paint. Pass the ball to anyone 6'8 or above underneath the basket, and expect to dunk . Even small players can hit lay ups when DEFENDED!!!.

The balance is more off this year than it has ever been. I play very good on ball D and team D, but 2k doesn't care about that around the paint.

87-18 Online Record for PSN. I'm done once I reach 100 WINS tho. Don't play this as much as I used to but I just wanted to see if I still had it. :nthat:

MYPLAYER is where it's at tho. I started a new one and am a 6' 11" Scoring SF. Needless to say I am BEASTIN the league right now runnin with the Celtics. Paul Pierce had to ride pine EARLY. :lol:hat

Add me bros... PSN ID: allCHEMISTRY

Back
Top Bottom