Official NBA 2k13 Thread

air yeezy 2 nrg in 2k13

I'd say anywhere from $100-$250. I played 2k12 on my PC and it was mad choppy and slow, I don't necessarily need the best card out there, just something that will allow me to play the game at a normal speed.
Go to tomshardware.com 

Every month they do a list of the best processors in every price range ranging from $50 to +$1,000 bucks. They are very thorough and will make sure you get the best card for your money. They don't only do it with graphics cards but with every computer part. 

[h4] [/h4]
[h4]Best PCIe Card For ~$130: Tie[/h4][h4]Radeon HD 7770 (Check Prices)[/h4]
Good 1920x1200 performance in most games, some with lowered detail

[table][tr][th=""]Radeon HD 7770[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]Codename:[/th][td]Cape Verde[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Process:[/th][td]  28 nm[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Universal Shaders:[/th][td]640[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Texture Units:[/th][td]40[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]ROPs:[/th][td]16[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Memory Bus:[/th][td]128-bit[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Core Speed MHz:[/th][td]1000[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Memory Speed MHz:[/th][td]1125 (4500 effective)[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]DirectX/Shader Model:[/th][td]DX 11.1/SM 5.0[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Max TDP:[/th][td]80 W[/td][/tr][/table]

The Radeon HD 7770 can now be found for $125, which is significantly lower than the over-ambitious $160 AMD wanted for the card when it launched (it's even more affordable than Nvidia's GeForce GTX  560 SE).

At least as powerful as the end-of-lifed Radeon HD 6790, this newer card uses only half the power to get its job done. Now that we see a price we like, the 7770 deserves a full recommendation.

Read our full review of AMD's Radeon HD 7770  for more information on the card and its accompanying architecture.
[h4]GeForce GTX 560 SE[/h4]
Good 1920x1200 performance in most games, some with lowered detail

[table][tr][th=""]GeForce GTX 560 SE[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]Codename:[/th][td]GF114[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Process:[/th][td]40 nm[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Universal Shaders:[/th][td]288[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Texture Units:[/th][td]48[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]ROPs:[/th][td]24[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Memory Bus:[/th][td]192-bit[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Core/Shader Speed MHz:[/th][td]776 / 1552[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Memory Speed MHz:[/th][td]957 (3828 effective)[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]DirectX/Shader Model:[/th][td]DX 11/SM 5[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Max TDP:[/th][td]150 W[/td][/tr][/table]

Armed with a crippled version of the GF114 GPU  used in Nvidia's GeForce GTX 560 and GTX 560 Ti, the 560 SE delivers performance similar to the company's now-defunct GeForce GTX 460 192-bit card at a lower price point. It also stands up against AMD's similarly-priced Radeon HD 7770, though the AMD board's power consumption is much more conservative. This card is getting harder to find, and we expect it to be displaced by new Kepler-based options in the near future.
[h4]Best PCIe Card For $150: [/h4][h4]Radeon HD 6850 (Check Prices)[/h4]
Good 1920x1200 performance in most games

[table][tr][th=""]Radeon HD 6850[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]Codename:[/th][td]RV970 "Barts"[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Process:[/th][td]40 nm[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Universal Shaders:[/th][td]960[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Texture Units:[/th][td]48[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]ROPs:[/th][td]32[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Memory Bus:[/th][td]256-bit[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Core Speed MHz:[/th][td]775[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Memory Speed MHz:[/th][td]1000 (4000 effective)[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]DirectX/Shader Model:[/th][td]DX 11/SM 5.0[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Max TDP:[/th][td]127 W[/td][/tr][/table]

AMD's Radeon HD  6850 proved to be a worthy adversary against the 256-bit GeForce GTX 460. Unfortunately, those competing boards from Nvidia were phased out not too long ago, leaving AMD's offering as our sole recommendation at this price point. It seems that the Radeon HD 6850 is also being end-of-lifed, based on the low stock we've seen recently.

Thanks offwhitewhite. I'm thinking anything other than the card that came with my computer will allow the game to be more fluid. Just didnt want to buy one and end up having the same performance issues.

So is the game worth getting? Yes or No.

HELLLLLLLLL

F

YEAH

Its not like 2k12. Its a whole different feel.

If your player isnt a good offensive player down low. He wont be making those shots down low.

Like for instance.

2k12 if u under the hoop with jaVale mcgee, perk, turiaf, anthony, etc. its a dunk. Its a layup. Every big man was scoring the same.

This year it matters.

Of course those are the cheesers who played that way.

Basically alot of cheese is out.

My Player blacktop is fun. Very fun.

2k12 feels like what 2k10 felt when 2k11 released.

Man just because you're a starter does NOT mean you're playing major minutes. Im literally dropping double digit points and assists night in and night out and coach STILL yanks me from time to time for no reason :smh: :lol:. Leading the Rookie of The Year race, player of the week, rookie of the month etc and coach still playing me average. Kind of realistic so you don't get comfortable with your spot but at the same time im putting major runs together "I really like what you're doing out there!" *subbed out we're up 15* *subbed in down 2* :x :lol: But overall we're a game out of first in the west behind the Lakers, who we've beat twice already but still cant take that one spot.

Last edited:
Is there a way to get the plays to show on the floor in MyPlayer mode?

That was the key to getting good grades in 2k11(didn't play 2k12).

How do I change my nick name? I choose the beast, lol, I hate it now. Or have no nickname at all?

I don't think you can change your nickname on MyPlayer

If you go to Edit Player in My Career you can change it. Im kind of annoyed with mine too but just because the announcers say my nickname almost all the time no matter who scores

Is there a way to get the plays to show on the floor in MyPlayer mode?
That was the key to getting good grades in 2k11(didn't play 2k12).

Im almost positive if you go to settings then game mode settings then turn on Run Plays, then go to presentation and scroll to the bottom and turn on playvision it shows all the cuts where you need to be etc.

Last edited:
I've also been wondering how to get the plays up thanks! I'll try that when I get home tonight.  (also skipped 12 and remember that from 11)

I needa put some picks of my created sneakers (went with JB) too.  I made a John Deere mockup of the Vs and we won 13 straight so I haven't changed 'em despite the vicious color clashing with my 6er blue/red hah.

And here are some of the JB PEs I made for MyPlayer.  On the 76ers so most fit that cw.  Some of the editor I like, some I don't.  I've spent so much time makin kicks but here are a few of my favorites, really like the xis and the john deer Vs, but those away xiis are nice too. aaah back to actually playin the game.

Last edited:
this game is way better than 2k12...game play is smooth, animations are beautiful
with that said i hate the CPU getting every offensive rebounds and fastbreaking everytime user misses. Also 2K needs a new art team

Drafted by the Sixers...Got traded to the Hornets :smh: . Want out... Then they traded the Brow for Kevin Love... Now I'm not sure :rofl:

Started for the Sixers.. Now play backup to EG though

Last edited:
I finally messed around on the Blacktop, and holy smokes. I don't know what it is, maybe the different environment lighting since its outdoors, but the graphics are mindblowing in that mode...maybe its just me

Im trying to get this BALL CONTROL and ISOMOTION down to a science. True handles is when you can pull the actual dribble move you have planned instead of just goin YOLO with the right stick. Here's 40 behind the back dribbles in a row. Im trying to do 40 between the legs dribbles in a row but its tough because of how many different animations get trigged with the right stick.

Just dropped 20-6-3 and 4 and got MVP:pimp: in the Rising Stars game. Kyrie Irving is a PLAYER HATER :rofl: Me and him were basically trying to see who could out gun each other to get MVP.

just bought this the other day and man I suck. Last 2k I bought was 2k11 and I feel like this is a completely different game. Any tips on how to get points for myplayer? I usually average less than 100 points a game and I come off the bench.

Idk why the Blazers drafted my PG. They already had Lillard, Price and Smith on the team. Not sweating it thought because off the bench i'm still averaging a double double (drive, dish to Aldridge >>)

Lillard is a beast when we're both on the court but Price's punk *** freezes me out.

just bought this the other day and man I suck. Last 2k I bought was 2k11 and I feel like this is a completely different game. Any tips on how to get points for myplayer? I usually average less than 100 points a game and I come off the bench.
play the other modes... You get like 400+ each exhibition/MyTeam game you win

another tip if you're just starting MyTeam is to cop Harrison Barnes (he's like 650 VC points).. he's definitely a steal. Austin Rivers is a good deal too if you need a SG but he's streaky as hell

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom