• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Face of the franchise as in setting the culture, style of play, leadership, etc. That's all still realistic. He was never going to be the leading scorer so I don't know why that facet of his game is being harped on so much.

Can't have the face of the franchise not standing up for teammates. That ain't a good look at all.

What’s this ****in meme that Lonzo can’t dribble :rofl:
I seen him get by his matchup plenty of times
Problem is that he finishes poorly at times or has questionable decision making after beating his man

Face of the franchise as in setting the culture, style of play, leadership, etc. That's all still realistic. He was never going to be the leading scorer so I don't know why that facet of his game is being harped on so much.

For sure, agreed. He’s not even playing terrible. He’s been doing everything well except score. But the scoring/shooting aspect of the game is huge.

I’m just happy you’re so patient with a young point guard.

Link to the stats? It'd be interesting to see the numbers on all the rookies to provide context

Not to mention switching from bench to starting between Fox and Smith specifically

Lots of fluid situations that play into it, like lineups for instance

Just quick look at NBA.com

Net rating
Lonzo: -5.1
DSJ: -15.2
Fox: -14.4

ZO has higher AST%, REB% and PIE (player impact estimate) than both DSJ & Fox yet all we hear is rave reviews of those 2.

And the Lakers best lineup is with Zo, JC, BI, Kuz, Randle but they don't play that nearly enough. Majority of his time is with KCP and Brook.

You don't know why it's harped on so much?

Fam, no good team in the NBA today has a point guard that can't score and create for themselves. Not a single one.

It matters.

And What does any of those numbers mean in regards to rookies? who cares about rookies net rating? Rookies are bad. Their teams are bad. It's not about the numbers with rookies it's way more of what you see.

You don't know why it's harped on so much?

Fam, no good team in the NBA today has a point guard that can't score and create for themselves. Not a single one.

It matters.

Ok. If/when his shot actually starts falling a little more consistently and he still has no impact I'll get worried.

It's like people who call him this fantastic playmaker forget that part of being a great playmaker is making plays for yourself, something he can't do at all.

I really don't care about the numbers with zo. They're funny, but they don't really matter. What you see is more concerning than the numbers.

Can you really have a starting pg in the NBA who can't dribble? Can't create for himself at all?
As historically bad as the shooting is, as much as he can't create off the dribble, to me it's impressive he is still putting up those assist numbers and creating looks for others consistently whether you believe he's making safe passes or not

The creation off the dribble definitely worries me more so than I thought it would, just like his shooting. Out of PnR despite his limitations I have still seen downhill action and I have seen easy opportunities created (whether they are converted or not is another story). Granted I'm really squeezing juice out of a grape but still, they exist

To answer your last question, to the degree of "can't dribble" is the debate. Just like hitting an open shot, to which degree would he need to develop to reach the potential I foresaw... it's definitely a logical thing for you all to be down on him. Can't even deny that, been that way from the jump too

Didn’t play pnr either, which has also been “harped” on.

Add it all up and I’m not seeing any makings of an elite playmaker. His game has always screamed role player to me.

Didn’t play pnr either, which has also been “harped” on.

Add it all up and I’m not seeing any makings of an elite playmaker. His game has always screamed role player to me.

And I've seen him make the right play out of PnR damn near every time he's run it this season. Could he look to attack more sure. But he can and has been running it.

I gotta give Lavar props though
That marketing got people talkin even though Lonzo has been inconsistent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom