• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you achieve the level of success through high school and college it makes sense. They've gone all their lives with those forms, they'll all eventually be tweaked somewhat.

It’s not thinking long term though. MKG has been a motor guy from the jump, he didn’t think he’d after have to shoot a jumper? Josh been projected as a nba player since he was a sophomore. Lonzo’s form prevents him from shooting going to his right hand.

Even before the Nick Young incident some Lakers fans wanted him gone.

Cuts in his eyebrows, 'DSlow', etc...

I think Jackson’s one on one defense is somewhat solid for a 20 year old backup. He’s shown signs that he could make defensive plays himself with his length.

I do think Lonzo in Phoenix would have been more beneficial. Booker is turning into a Lead Guard and it would have been way less pressure in Phoenix. His jumper would still be broken though
I legit don’t know how youre a GM of a team, you watch film on a prospect, see the prospect has no natural scoring instincts, a wonky shooting form coupled with no creativity off the dribble, and showed zero pick and roll ability and then you decide you want this guy to REPLACE your current lead guard instead playing alongside him.

He would absolutely look better in Phoenix, or in LA next to Russell.

And then they salary dumped Russell :lol: #2 overall pick, very young, and trending updward. just bad

a lot of that was one guy in the Laker thread :lol:

re: shooting form, like where was your coaches when you were learning to shoot? shouldve taken care of that as kids, but here we are now

It's like ya'll just make up ****. Lol

So what energy did I have my *****?

I was in the Laker thread saying he's got a weird game but he's great fit for this team. I was saying in multiple threads that Fultz and Josh Jackson had a higher ceiling but again Lonzo is a better fit.
But were you telling dudes to pump their brakes and to chill with the savior talk, right after Summer League? Prolly not.

And people aren't writing Ball off after only 15 NBA games played. Most of the same folks were saying the same. exact. things. after his 1 season at UCLA so nah, these aren't overreactions - these are simply affirmations of what was already known.

Ingram: 'Patience! This is only his 2nd year!'

Ball: 'Patience! It's only been 14 games!'

Russell: 'I know it's only been 2 months but he has to go'

The difference is the first two were picks fans wanted. The last guy you listed, fans were rooting against as soon as his name was called.

Some? I’ve never seen a fan base hate their own player like they did with Mr. cuts in his eyebrows.

I’m glad Laker fans defend Lonzo. It makes logical sense for fans to do that. It’s a nice change of pace from the past two seasons.

And 98% of y'all didn't care. Y'all were content to roast him as well, y'all ain't slick. ALA at work, now the rat is a fan favorite on here, nah.

I’m glad downloading is off the lakers. Brooklyn got one to build around and they can finally move on from that god awful trade.

Los Angeles Lakers the gift that keeps giving

Brooklyn got a franchise player for brook can’t rebound at 7 feet lopez

But were you telling dudes to pump their brakes and to chill, right after Summer League?

And people aren't writing Ball off after 15 NBA games. Most of the same folks were saying the same. exact. things. after his 1 season at UCLA so nah, these aren't overreactions - these are simply affirmations of what we already knew.
I didn't care about Summer League period. So what's your point? lol

You missing it if you think Lonzo's problem is that he can't make open shots
That's the most fixable problem. He's never going to be a primary scorer because of his limitations

Knocking down an open shot isn't too much to ask and to me, would be interesting to see how it effects said limitations

Can’t wait till magic gets fed up with lonzos development and trades him for a second round pick and he starts flourishing in some 2nd rate franchise like Atlanta or Charlotte.

Los Angeles really WAS NOT the place for lonzo at all. He can’t handle the lights.

I’m glad downloading is off the lakers. Brooklyn got one to build around and they can finally move on from that god awful trade.

Los Angeles Lakers the gift that keeps giving

Brooklyn got a franchise player for brook can’t rebound at 7 feet lopez
:lol: While I like DLo’s game, he got knee problems, so I don’t think he will be the franchise guy for Brooklyn given his health issues. Good building block for them though.

I don’t care about Zo’s stats

But the 48% FTs is all mental. That tells us all we need to know. He’s been playing scared and it’s translating to blown layups, missed 3s that aren’t even close to going in, walking around head down, moping on the bench, deserting his teammates in a skirmish

But of course this will all magically go away at age 24 so I’m good

That's the most fixable problem. He's never going to be a primary scorer because of his limitations

Knocking down an open shot isn't too much to ask and to me, would be interesting to see how it effects said limitations

It isn't too much to ask, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt he'll make open shots eventually

But he can't dribble. He can't score. He has no scoring instincts. Can't shoot off the bounce. No wiggle at all. These things are unlikely to change and these things are far more concerning

He's being dubbed as the face of the franchise. Idk about you but if the face of the franchise can't dribble or score, I wouldn't feel good about that

It’s been known that Lonzo was never going to be a primary scorer....not sure what people expected unless they actually believed Lavar word for word

It isn't too much to ask, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt he'll make open shots eventually

But he can't dribble. He can't score. He has no scoring instincts. Can't shoot off the bounce. No wiggle at all. These things are unlikely to change and these things are far more concerning

He's being dubbed as the face of the franchise. Idk about you but if the face of the franchise can't dribble or score, I wouldn't feel good about that
I've mentioned every single one of those limitations throughout he past 1.5 years, outside of the no scoring instincts/can't score

I guess I never thought of him as a face of the franchise. Shrugs

It’s been known that Lonzo was never going to be a primary scorer....not sure what people expected unless they actually believed Lavar word for word
Supposedly he was meant to open up the offense and provide easier opportunities for his teammates they said.

Survey says the offense is actually better off with him on the bench.

Face of the franchise as in setting the culture, style of play, leadership, etc. That's all still realistic. He was never going to be the leading scorer so I don't know why that facet of his game is being harped on so much.

Supposedly he was meant to open up the offense and provide easier opportunities for his teammates they said.

Link to the stats? It'd be interesting to see the numbers on all the rookies to provide context

Not to mention switching from bench to starting between Fox and Smith specifically

Lots of fluid situations that play into it, like lineups for instance

That’s debatable.
When Lonzo actually plays more aggressive or in the few moments where he actually gets a couple buckets, the offense looks a lot smoother than having JC running point.

Lately he hasn’t had that confidence though and yesterday his teammates didn’t help create for him for the most part.

The guy is talented, but also a rookie. Going to be a steep learning curve.

I've mentioned every single one of those limitations throughout he past 1.5 years, outside of the no scoring instincts/can't score

I guess I never thought of him as a face of the franchise. Shrugs

It's like people who call him this fantastic playmaker forget that part of being a great playmaker is making plays for yourself, something he can't do at all.

I really don't care about the numbers with zo. They're funny, but they don't really matter. What you see is more concerning than the numbers.

Can you really have a starting pg in the NBA who can't dribble? Can't create for himself at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom