• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those in here who love to **** on Brandon Ingram, Injust want to point out that he is 8 months younger than Josh Jackson who he played last night.

Too bad the Lakers took Lavar's bait and passed on Fox though.

Fox + DLo backcourt would have been so special.
Once again , the Lakers coulda drafted Luke Kennard at 2 D lo was GONE regardless of who was the pick

Face of the franchise as in setting the culture, style of play, leadership, etc. That's all still realistic. He was never going to be the leading scorer so I don't know why that facet of his game is being harped on so much.
I understand that his willingness to pass is infectious and should encourage a fun style of play, but what leadership skills does he actually have though? Nothing he does really strikes me as him being a leader. Thought that this was a HUGE difference between him and De'Aaron Fox.

As historically bad as the shooting is, as much as he can't create off the dribble, to me it's impressive he is still putting up those assist numbers and creating looks for others consistently whether you believe he's making safe passes or not

The creation off the dribble definitely worries me more so than I thought it would, just like his shooting. Out of PnR despite his limitations I have still seen downhill action and I have seen easy opportunities created (whether they are converted or not is another story). Granted I'm really squeezing juice out of a grape but still, they exist

To answer your last question, to the degree of "can't dribble" is the debate. Just like hitting an open shot, to which degree would he need to develop to reach the potential I foresaw... it's definitely a logical thing for you all to be down on him. Can't even deny that, been that way from the jump too

I feel you bro, and I hear where you coming from.

His assist numbers are really not that impressive. They play really really fast, and all he literally does is pass and play over 30 minutes a night. Plus he can pass a bit. He should be getting those assist numbers.

But plenty of back up guards posses Zo's skillset and can do what he does. He isn't doing anything that we didn't know he could do, but most importantly, he hasn't done anything to alleviate any of the red flags that he had coming into the league.

When I say he can't dribble I don't literally mean "can't." It means that he has no wiggle, no sauce, no breakdown. Everything is a straight line and unless you have the size of Ben Simmons or Lebron, being a PG who can only go in a straight line dribbling is concerning.

I understand that his willingness to pass is infectious and should encourage a fun style of play, but what leadership skills does he actually have though? Nothing he does really strikes me as him being a leader. Thought that this was a HUGE difference between him and De'Aaron Fox.

His teammates seem to think he is (last night's incident not withstanding). They've all cited how his style of play is contagious and they like how unselfish he is.

Fox has been meh after his first 5 games
I like DSJ’s game though

Probably the best scoring PG of the 2017 class

I feel you bro, and I hear where you coming from.

His assist numbers are really not that impressive. They play really really fast, and all he literally does is pass and play over 30 minutes a night. Plus he can pass a bit. He should be getting those assist numbers.

But plenty of back up guards posses Zo's skillset and can do what he does. He isn't doing anything that we didn't know he could do, but most importantly, he hasn't done anything to alleviate any of the red flags that he had coming into the league.

When I say he can't dribble I don't literally mean "can't." It means that he has no wiggle, no sauce, no breakdown. Everything is a straight line and unless you have the size of Ben Simmons or Lebron, being a PG who can only go in a straight line dribbling is concerning.
Did those backups possess the same skill set at 20? That's much of where the debate lies

His assist numbers impress me because of how much we harp on his non scoring/shooting. He's still creating looks, none of their other guards are doing that

Do you have numbers on how fast other teams are playing for context?

New regime, they wanted a culture change and saw things in Dlo that us fans don’t have insight into. Plus cap space relief and they kept the #2 pick which enabled them to draft a replacement. All that combined is why they traded him
LOL @ Magic having insight to anything

That move single handidly set them back for such a long time.

Guess what, 20 year old kids are immature. You place them in a place like LA and give them teammates like Nick Young that's even more of a problem.

That's the funniest thing about the D'Lo situation. Which grown man shares his business with a kid that can't even drink?

Also if Simmons wasn’t considered to be technically a rookie this year, Kuzma would probably run away with RoY.
Nah brodie, that would be Tatum. Tatum should legit be far and away the ROY

But Simmons has been that good. Said this last week

I still think Kuz is either their best or second best player though

Did those backups possess the same skill set at 20? That's much of where the debate lies

His assist numbers impress me because of how much we harp on his non scoring/shooting. He's still creating looks, none of their other guards are doing that

Do you have numbers on how fast other teams are playing for context?

Brooklyn is 1st in pace. Nobody on their team averaging 7 assists.
Phoenix 2nd same thing.
Lakers 3rd.
Philly 4th...Ben is averaging 7
GS 5th...Steph close to 7.

Guess who's by far the worst shooting team of that bunch?

Dudes bring up Vasquez, and the like when they were their mid 20s putting up similar numbers.

Nah brodie, that would be Tatum. Tatum should legit be far and away the ROY

But Simmons has been that good. Said this last week
Kuzma is a gettin buckets machine my dude
Scored 24 and 30 the past two games also

Tatum is good too, but he’s third in my book. I can see him being like PP at his peak though.

IMG_0094.PNG

Kuzma is a gettin buckets machine my dude
Scored 24 and 30 the past two games also

Tatum is good too, but he’s third in my book. I can see him being like PP at his peak though.
Yeah I know, but it's the Suns hahaha. Kuz is definitely that dude, I don't mean to **** on him. I just think Tatum's efficiency is something to behold, especially in the role he's playing

I wonder what his numbers would look like if he and Kuz switched sides. That would be interesting to say the least. Kuz would move to the 3 while Tatum would have to man the 4

Definitely not as efficient but his scoring numbers IMO would go up perhaps even his boards

You don't know why it's harped on so much?

Fam, no good team in the NBA today has a point guard that can't score and create for themselves. Not a single one.

It matters.

Let's not forget he's 6'6/6'7

Players already know he can't shoot moving to the right. So they just let him go.

Once again , the Lakers coulda drafted Luke Kennard at 2 D lo was GONE regardless of who was the pick
And that's why the Lakers are posied to take the Knicks throne as the stupidest team in the league.

You got Magic (LOL) running your team. And you traded your promising #2 pick for cap space for a LeBron 34 year old LeBron who prolly won't even come.

LOL

DLo was never as scared as Lonzo cut it out.

"Lonzo missing FTs so its mental."

No ****. If you ain't mentally fit this league isn't for you.

Dude shooting like 27% lmao.

And that's why the Lakers are posied to take the Knicks throne as the stupidest team in the league.

You got Magic (LOL) running your team. And you traded your promising #2 pick for cap space for a LeBron 34 year old LeBron who prolly won't even come.

LOL

LOL wrong.

LOL
DLo had problems with management that didn’t help.

And not sure why everyone is implying the Lakers are targeting LeBron. The rumors lately have been PG and Boogie.

Yeah I know, but it's the Suns hahaha. Kuz is definitely that dude, I don't mean to **** on him. I just think Tatum's efficiency is something to behold, especially in the role he's playing

I wonder what his numbers would look like if he and Kuz switched sides. That would be interesting to say the least. Kuz would move to the 3 while Tatum would have to man the 4

Definitely not as efficient but his scoring numbers IMO would go up perhaps even his boards
Both future are bright for them...I thought Ainge shouldn’t have traded away the top pick before the draft, but he proved me wrong so far.

I think Lonzo will be a serviceable PG in the league. Probably in the top-15 when he's in his prime. However, there are way too many warning signs about his game. Of course he'll improve, but guess what....so will the majority of the guys he'll be going up against as well. I really don't think it's a slight on his game to liken him to Greivis Vasquez.

The stupidity of the team is giving up on DLo WAY too soon. It's not so much drafting Lonzo at #2, but jettisoning a guy off to BK who had a higher upside.

From reddit:

Joel Embiid in 2 games at Staples has scored 78 points while Lonzo Ball has only 58 points in 9 games played at Staples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom