Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because only two players had a better season than CP3 and they're both forwards.
Not Entirely true.

Player A: 2012-13 27 LAC NBA PG 70 70 33.4 5.9 12.2 .481 1.1 3.3 .328 4.1 4.6 .885 0.8 3.0 3.7 9.7 2.4 0.1 2.3 2.0 16.9 54 wins

Player B: 2012-13 24 OKC NBA PG 82 82 34.9 8.2 18.7 .438 1.2 3.7 .323 5.6 7.0 .800 1.4 3.9 5.2 7.4 1.8 0.3 3.3 2.3 23.2 61 wins.
You're not telling me anything I don't know with their per game numbers. But you left out their per minute ones, advanced ones, and on court/off court ones. Also I don't know where you got 61 wins and 54 wins from, it was 60 and 56 and I'm not that concerned about a 4 game gap in the standings considering one plays with a historically great player and the other plays with... Blake Griffin.

stats aren't misleading you, it's your perception. if you think a statistic isn't telling the whole story, then you're looking at the wrong statistic to make your argument.

Theyre not misleading me, I know better, Im saying to people who know nothing about basketball, it looks like bron is the clutchest in the game.

Im nowhere near a lebron fan, yet i find it comical that people are bashing him for taking an uncontested layup over a jumpshot. Those are the real haters. So if he had a fast break with 5 seconds left, i suppose you expect a pullup 3? A layup is what basketball players want every time.

Because only two players had a better season than CP3 and they're both forwards.

Not Entirely true.

Player A: 2012-13 27 LAC NBA PG 70 70 33.4 5.9 12.2 .481 1.1 3.3 .328 4.1 4.6 .885 0.8 3.0 3.7 9.7 2.4 0.1 2.3 2.0 16.9 54 wins

Player B: 2012-13 24 OKC NBA PG 82 82 34.9 8.2 18.7 .438 1.2 3.7 .323 5.6 7.0 .800 1.4 3.9 5.2 7.4 1.8 0.3 3.3 2.3 23.2 61 wins.

You're not telling me anything I don't know with their per game numbers. But you left out their per minute ones, advanced ones, and on court/off court ones. Also I don't know where you got 61 wins and 54 wins from, it was 60 and 56 and I'm not that concerned about a 4 game gap in the standings considering one plays with a historically great player and the other plays with... Blake Griffin.

But NT thinks BG is better then MJ?

Im nowhere near a lebron fan, yet i find it comical that people are bashing him for taking an uncontested layup over a jumpshot. Those are the real haters. So if he had a fast break with 5 seconds left, i suppose you expect a pullup 3? A layup is what basketball players want every time.

I aint bashing dude, he made the right play. But to view lebron as the "King Clutch" because he hit an open lay up is absurd.

Whats your definition of "clutch shots" If you take out yesterdays game, bron ranks 3rd on that list. My definition of clutch includes closing out games in the 4th, shutting out the other teams hopes of coming back, etc.
answer my question first dawg

You claim you know the game yet you're saying he put a stat line that hasn't been seen since 86? I just can't take you serious anymore after hearing that.

son, you stupid or nah?

Per Elias, only one other player in playoff history had a 30-10-10 line with three blocks: Ralph Sampson in 1986.

did my exclusion of the phrase "in the playoffs" throw you off??

I mean, we are in the playoffs, right?

you aware of that or nah?

you the exact lame i was talking about just talking out your rear

trying to score points on a message board instead of appreciating how good this thread could be

with intelligent discussion and debates.

Why do people exclude and entire body of work for say just playoff stats? He's made at least 2 more games winners than everyone else according to postseason statistics. What about the regular season stats compiled with postseason stats? 

Bron might really be the GOAT, man.

He's unbelievably good at EVERY facet of the game.

Dude is the basketball version of Cell.

:wow:

Accurate.

answer my question first dawg

Your question was who would I rather have take a clutch shot, kobe or Lebron? In order to answer that I need your definition of a "clutch" shot? What dont you understand about that?

In my definition of clutch, which includes closing out games, shutting the door on other teams it would be Kobe>Lebron. If I have to get a good shot off in under 7 seconds it would be Bron>Kobe. Brons a physcial force who could get a better shot than kobe could in a little amount of time. If I have 24 seconds on the shot clock and am holding for the last shot Im taking Kobe>Bron. Im taking Durant> Dirk> Kobe> Melo> A tie bewteen bron and pierce. Kyrie will be on this list in a year or 2 :smokin (this is a current list if all players are 100% healthy). Lebron might have already passed pierce and if not he will this year. Pierce is falling off. This list is 100% MY OPINION

Tim Duncan's teammates on his first All-NBA first-team: Karl Malone, Shaq, MJ and Gary Payton! He spans the generations.

Your question was who would I rather have take a clutch shot, kobe or Lebron? In order to answer that I need your definition of a "clutch" shot? What dont you understand about that?

In my definition of clutch, which includes closing out games, shutting the door on other teams it would be Kobe>Lebron. If I have to get a good shot off in under 7 seconds it would be Bron>Kobe. Brons a physcial force who could get a better shot than kobe could in a little amount of time. If I have 24 seconds on the shot clock and am holding for the last shot Im taking Kobe>Bron. Im taking Durant> Dirk> Kobe> Melo> A tie bewteen bron and pierce. Kyrie will be on this list in a year or 2
smokin.gif
(this is a current list if all players are 100% healthy). Lebron might have already passed pierce and if not he will this year. Pierce is falling off. This list is 100% MY OPINION
LEbron is more clutch than kobe

Oh and btw: IMO if timmy wins a 5th this year and beats bron again, he will cement himself as the best forward of all time, hes already the best PF of all time.

Tim Duncan's teammates on his first All-NBA first-team: Karl Malone, Shaq, MJ and Gary Payton! He spans the generations.
Duncan seriously spans like 3 or 4 generations of the NBA (depending on how you look at it), MJ-era, Shaq/Kobe early 00s-era, Kobe/Lebron-era, KD/Lebron/Kobe, era

Why do people exclude and entire body of work for say just playoff stats? He's made at least 2 more games winners than everyone else according to postseason statistics. What about the regular season stats compiled with postseason stats? 
**** the regular season.

In the playoffs you play the best competition when intensity is at its highest. It is a true measure of your individual ability.

I don't give a damn if you hit a game winner against the Bobcats in the middle of January.

Eh only using that stat you leave a lot of things out

tied with 2 minutes to go and you make 3-4 shots to take the W but none of them were game winning under 24 seconds

losing by 13 with 6 minutes in the fourth q and you bring your team back

winning by a bucket with 30 seconds left but you hit another one

My point is there are too many scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom