Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...can't even discuss ball with the few dudes in here that actually know what they're talking about

due to the immense amount of trolling and blatant hatred in here.

much respect to those in here that actually know the game and enjoy watching it

even if you don't like any of the 4 remaining teams. ya'll know who you are.

but trolls have ruined this thread.

this really isn't the place to discuss basketball among men.

i'm not a Lebron fan..my favorite player is the 2-time NBA champ, under recruited Marquette product.

but if you gonna try to discredit this kid when he put up a stat line that hasn't been seen since '86

and not even have a relevant rebuttal you a lame.

this thread is the equivalent of the barbershop...some of ya'll have turned it into a salon.
You claim you know the game yet you're saying he put a stat line that hasn't been seen since 86? I just can't take you serious anymore after hearing that.

Its **** like that that irritates me, the way espn slurps this dude is insane. What I know is that if I need a shot to win the game, LeBron is the last dude on that list that Im picking, and thats not even being disrespectful, the players on that list are all sure-fire HOF'ers.

logic and statistical proof irritates you? noted.[/quote]

Im sorry, my definition of "clutch" is different than yours. Now what I will tell you, is that LeBron is not the clutchest player in the league, and that list says he is. So to call that "proof" logical is illogical.

Its **** like that that irritates me, the way espn slurps this dude is insane. What I know is that if I need a shot to win the game, LeBron is the last dude on that list that Im picking, and thats not even being disrespectful, the players on that list are all sure-fire HOF'ers.

statistical proof irritates you? noted.

Last edited:
What about shots that werent under 24 seconds? What about shots where the deficit was within 4 points for the last 2 minutes of a game? The way Espn will twist things to make bron look like the clutchest player in the nba is ridiculous.
how are facts an issue? ESPN showing it the way it is.

Who is dressing these people? I honestly feel like its like personal joke being played on the athletes at this point

statistically he shoots the highest percentage in game tying/go ahead FG attempts in the playoffs, with less than 24 seconds in the 4th quarter or OT since he joined the league.

you're arguing your perception and opinion. i'm showing you tangible numbers.

Who is dressing these people? I honestly feel like its like personal joke being played on the athletes at this point

Man I've been saying this for a minute, I think the players are in on it though.

I think they are mocking the dress code.

If I know nothing about basketball, I look at that list and think LeBron James is the clutchest player in the NBA. However, I do know about basketball, and I know that there are 4 or 5 more players Id rather have with the ball in their hands on the last play of a game instead of Lebron. Thats the issue.

What about shots that werent under 24 seconds? What about shots where the deficit was within 4 points for the last 2 minutes of a game? The way Espn will twist things to make bron look like the clutchest player in the nba is ridiculous.

the same way your twisting things to make bron look like the least clutch player in the NBA?

If I know nothing about basketball, I look at that list and think LeBron James is the clutchest player in the NBA. However, I do know about basketball, and I know that there are 4 or 5 more players Id rather have with the ball in their hands on the last play of a game instead of Lebron. Thats the issue.
so you'd take Kobe who misses more clutch shots than Lebron who makes more clutch shots?

statistically he shoots the highest percentage in game tying/go ahead FG attempts in the playoffs, with less than 24 seconds in the 4th quarter or OT since he joined the league.

Stats dont show the whole story, and can be very misleading to the average fan, thats all Im trying to say.

773320119.gif

:lol: the foot scooting is the killing part. Call that man tony makaveli allen, dude just faked his own death and kept on pushing.

so you'd take Kobe who misses more clutch shots than Lebron who makes more clutch shots?

Whats your definition of "clutch shots" If you take out yesterdays game, bron ranks 3rd on that list. My definition of clutch includes closing out games in the 4th, shutting out the other teams hopes of coming back, etc.

I feel what you're saying but to some dudes numbers never lie :lol:

At this point me personally, Durant is the best in the clutch

Last edited:

Stats dont show the whole story, and can be very misleading to the average fan, thats all Im trying to say.

stats aren't misleading you, it's your perception. if you think a statistic isn't telling the whole story, then you're looking at the wrong statistic to make your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom