Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize everything you just posted is basically what encompasses a stud power forward right 

Defense

Post game

Jumper.

what more does a power forward need? 
laugh.gif
BG is currently just a 04-09 Amare light. I want him to develop now before he reaches 30 and notices he cant dunk on everyone

I'm a Clippers and BG fan and think he's better than a lot of people on here give him credit for, but I wouldn't have been mad at all if he didn't make any of the all-NBA teams.

You realize everything you just posted is basically what encompasses a stud power forward right 

Defense

Post game

Jumper.

what more does a power forward need? 
laugh.gif
BG is currently just a 04-09 Amare light. I want him to develop now before he reaches 30 and notices he cant dunk on everyone
I was just pointing out that everything you want him to do, applies to every undeveloped big man (ie Amar'e or young Jermaine O'neal/KG, coincidentally all HS players)

nah you're right. he should've continued to isolate and chuck jumpshots >D
nice edit :stoneface:

he made the play didn't he? what more do you want from him? would you have preferred him step back and shoot a jumper to try and win it?

:lol: @ the notion of "he wasn't far enough away from the basket for it to be considered "clutch""

I dont want anything more, he made the right play, but people are acting as if this guy is the clutchest player in the nba now, **** espn had a segment title called king clutch, so this guy chokes 80% of the time for the last 10 years, and now he makes a wide open layup and the guy is clutch now? Please. The go ahead basket was 10x a "clutcher" play then the game winner, it was wide open.

Dude, I wouldn't even call myself a LeBron fan, let alone a "Stan," but as a fan of basketball in general, I can say the idea that wasn't a clutch play is just silly. Especially since the people making that claim would be saying something completely different if their favorite player did the same thing.

It was a clutch play, but its not like lebron made that happen, that play unfolded perfectly for him and he made the right decision, credit to him for not taking a jumper with a wide open lay up lane. And heres the thing, if my "favorite" player did that Id be ecstatic because my favorite team won, And whether people were calling it clutch or not, I wouldnt give 2 ***** because my favorite team won. If Dwade hit that layup, then 75% of "heat" fans on this board would be undercover salty.

...can't even discuss ball with the few dudes in here that actually know what they're talking about

due to the immense amount of trolling and blatant hatred in here.

much respect to those in here that actually know the game and enjoy watching it

even if you don't like any of the 4 remaining teams. ya'll know who you are.

but trolls have ruined this thread.

this really isn't the place to discuss basketball among men.

i'm not a Lebron fan..my favorite player is the 2-time NBA champ, under recruited Marquette product.

but if you gonna try to discredit this kid when he put up a stat line that hasn't been seen since '86

and not even have a relevant rebuttal you a lame.

this thread is the equivalent of the barbershop...some of ya'll have turned it into a salon.

His standing reach is an inch shorter than most other power forwards, you figure his vertical leap would make up for it though if he gave a damn on that end of the floor. There's guards who give you 1 block per.

Last edited:
Because only two players had a better season than CP3 and they're both forwards.

Not Entirely true.

Player A: 2012-13 27 LAC NBA PG 70 70 33.4 5.9 12.2 .481 1.1 3.3 .328 4.1 4.6 .885 0.8 3.0 3.7 9.7 2.4 0.1 2.3 2.0 16.9 54 wins

Player B: 2012-13 24 OKC NBA PG 82 82 34.9 8.2 18.7 .438 1.2 3.7 .323 5.6 7.0 .800 1.4 3.9 5.2 7.4 1.8 0.3 3.3 2.3 23.2 61 wins.

If I'm Blake Griffin I just continually work on that jumper. He's never gonna have the footwork for multiple post moves. I'm not saying don't try but he's gotta prioritize at this point.:lol:

Get that J and combine it with the elite athleticism. Get the post moves and coordination in time.

Westboro Baptist is protesting at these kids' funerals today and tomorrow. Last count 14.5 million dollars from various corporations, and Perkins donated 25,000 to put shelters in schools. I don't think he did research prior, but it's an amazing gesture

Y no game till sat?
Game 2 of Pacers/Heat is tomorrow.

This thread jumped since the last time I checked in, nothing but nonsense.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

And y'all dudes need to just stop responding to ACB. You should know his M.O. by now. By continuing to engage with him you're almost as bad as he is.

I know my phone is set to 40 posts, but how the he'll did this thread jump 12 pages? People had night terrors about Lebron, or are the Pacers looking for a new coach since Hibbert strangled him to death?

If I'm Blake Griffin I just continually work on that jumper. He's never gonna have the footwork for multiple post moves. I'm not saying don't try but he's gotta prioritize at this point.
laugh.gif

Get that J and combine it with the elite athleticism. Get the post moves and coordination in time.
Thing is he has good footwork, just cant put it all together

why do dudes even respond to ACB he's obviously a master troll and im not taking anyone who butchers the english language on the daily like him seriously
And y'all dudes need to just stop responding to ACB. You should know his M.O. by now. By continuing to engage with him you're almost as bad as he is.
Pages and pages of people seriously engaging a known *******. For what reason, I don't know. We can do better than this.

If we're talking about the full scope of what LBJ does, ok, fine...but why am I seeing Raymone's layup made out to be some Herculean feat? If there's anything to pick out of that and be "impressed" by, it's the fact he was smart enough to make the correct play and take advantage of Indiana's ridiculous mistakes.

2.2 seconds left in a game. Not enough time to run a regular set. What happens next is the player gets the ball, sees a WIDE open lane to the hoop. He drives and scores an uncontested buzzer beater layup. That should NEVER, ever happen in the NBA...much LESS in a conference finals playoff game. Fill in rest of the details and it looks even worse.

That **** is entirely on the Pacers for playing that whole sequence wrong. That's the real story, all that other **** being talked about is irrelevant.

Last edited:
nah you're right. he should've continued to isolate and chuck jumpshots >D
nice edit :stoneface:

he made the play didn't he? what more do you want from him? would you have preferred him step back and shoot a jumper to try and win it?

:lol: @ the notion of "he wasn't far enough away from the basket for it to be considered "clutch""

I dont want anything more, he made the right play, but people are acting as if this guy is the clutchest player in the nba now, **** espn had a segment title called king clutch, so this guy chokes 80% of the time for the last 10 years, and now he makes a wide open layup and the guy is clutch now? Please. The go ahead basket was 10x a "clutcher" play then the game winner, it was wide open.

Since LeBron came into the league in 2003-04, nobody in the NBA has made more game-tying and go-ahead shots in the final 24 seconds of playoff games than LeBron, who is 7-of-16 on those shots. His 43.8 field goal percentage on those clutch shots ranks the best in the NBA since his rookie season among players with at least 10 attempts. The league average is 28.3 percent on those shots.

Player Clutch Playoff FGs since 2003-04
LeBron James 7-of-16
Kobe Bryant 5-of-17
Kevin Durant 5-of-12
Dirk Nowitzki 5-of-12

Last edited:
Paul George has been getting all of the fashion headlines, but his teammate Ian Mahinmi had the outfit of the night..

Devil's advocate he went 3-6 doing that

That team was a bigger joke than brons cleveland team

Its **** like that that irritates me, the way espn slurps this dude is insane. What I know is that if I need a shot to win the game, LeBron is the last dude on that list that Im picking, and thats not even being disrespectful, the players on that list are all sure-fire HOF'ers.

Since LeBron came into the league in 2003-04, nobody in the NBA has made more game-tying and go-ahead shots in the final 24 seconds of playoff games than LeBron, who is 7-of-16 on those shots. His 43.8 field goal percentage on those clutch shots ranks the best in the NBA since his rookie season among players with at least 10 attempts. The league average is 28.3 percent on those shots.

Player Clutch Playoff FGs since 2003-04
LeBron James 7-of-16
Kobe Bryant 5-of-17
Kevin Durant 5-of-12
Dirk Nowitzki 5-of-12

What about shots that werent under 24 seconds? What about shots where the deficit was within 4 points for the last 2 minutes of a game? The way Espn will twist things to make bron look like the clutchest player in the nba is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom