Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If lebron had 0 MVPs there would be no argument. People are just tired of him dominating the game of basketball.

At least people came to their senses and stopped the Carmelo MVP campaign :lol:

I can't wait to see Dwight vs Marc tonight. Dwight usually doesn't give Marc trouble. Bynum was the one that always gave Marc all the trouble because he was actually bigger. :lol:

So Durant should be penalized because lebron's teammates supposedly take nights off?

Regular season award. Whatever you saw in the finals is irrelevant isn't it? To this discussion, not who's a better player

No, that has nothing to do with Durant. It strengthens LeBron's argument, that's it. And supposedly? :lol:

My point with the shooting is this mythical 50/40/90 being thrown out as a trump card. I would make a more well rounded argument for KD (which you absolutely can) than just shooting numbers which he was close to attaining last year.
:rolleyes at caling 50/40/90 "mythical." It has been done 6 times, and never by the leading scorer.

Last edited:
ibakad.gif

Blake about to put KD in a headlock and give him noogies :lol:

If lebron had 0 MVPs there would be no argument. People are just tired of him dominating the game of basketball.

At the time Melo was a deserving MVP. He is still a top 5 candidate even tho the Knicks fell to earth.

. If the stacked Lakers Roster can be the 11th worst team in the league right now, then so can the Heat minus LeBron.

Lakers are far from stacked, all of their starters are past their prime and Dwight (back surgery or not) is not asserting himself whatsoever.

If Miami only had Wade/Bosh they'd still be a good team, and would have the money to have a more reliable PG than Chalmers....those two are not over the hill.

Miami would still be contending for a playoff spot.

Last edited:

Nah, that has nothing to do with it. KD is #1 clearly. James is right behind him at 2

its KD's MVP to lose IMO

At least people came to their senses and stopped the Carmelo MVP campaign
laugh.gif
At the time Melo was a deserving MVP. He is still a top 5 candidate even tho the Knicks fell to earth.
There was never a time when Melo was more deserving than LeBron or KD.

how can you use the assist argument when both players are a different type of breed. Bron is a natural point guard ala Magic who can score the rock, he is basically the PG for Miami. KD is the primary scoring option to carry the load when needed esp with last second shots (unless used as a decoy for West).

Defense you can make an argument for, but KD just isn't as physically gifted as Lebron......and lets not pretend Bron is some sort of lock down defender, guy gets some good blocks though.

...and I can't believe I'm reading nonsense about Lebron not having enough now.... **** you expect on a team with 3 "max" contracts, he has MORE than a lot of championship caliber teams ever had.

They are diffrent kinds of players LeBron is the best player in the league and Durant is the best scorer see different

MVP is supposed to be for everything you bring to the table KD doesnt bring as much to the table as Bron that is a fact

dudes wanna give durant mvp for being a better free throw shooter and his team having a slightly better record? you cant be serious

LeBron is the number 1 offensive option on his team and still leads em in rebs & ast

KD is a fantastic player just not as good as LeBron I thought the finals clearly showed that

I don't know how you can say M.Miller, Chalmers and Battier will just show up when it counts...These guys aren't Shaq/LeBron and they have all been terrible at times this year. Especially Chalmers who they really need to be bring it and he just looks high on the court. Haslem essentially is playing with a fork on their back. Miami's role players are very suspect to me, I agree with you about Wade snoozing through the season and Bosh in some regards, they'll turn it on but the other guys, nah I can't say that.

I was mostly meaning Wade and Bosh but I would bet my life on Chalmers being ready to go when the lights are on. Don't expect Miller to play and Battier will be whatever. But prior to him getting hot now, Chalmers two best games were opening night and Christmas Day. It's just can't be a coincidence with him anymore.

at caling 50/40/90 "mythical." It has been done 6 times, and never by the leading scorer.

I know. I just would not use the 'never been done before' statistic at the front-line with an MVP debate that includes LeBron James (and considering he's 55/40 and two months late on fixing his FT follow through to chase it himself). At least not until the season is over and the numbers hold.

ie LeBron is the only player in history to be 25/8/7 on 55/40 ever. But it's just another year for him.

Last edited:
what does last years finals have to do with this years mvp voting?

it doesnt have anything to do with the voting technically but it showed you who the better more complete player was and is

LeBron has better numbers and wins when they go head to head but somehow Durants free throw shooting and his TEAM having 3 more wins means he should win mvp?

someone please explain to me how Durant is more valuble than Lebron other than at the free throw line

One thing that has really impressed me about Durant is his handles. He's really getting that crossover down. IMO he is the best ball handler 6'10 and up. And he will only get better.

the best ball handler 6'10 and up? what an accomplishment

how hard was it to get to the top of that mighty mountain :smh:

it doesnt have anything to do with the voting technically but it showed you who the better more complete player was and is

LeBron has better numbers and wins when they go head to head but somehow Durants free throw shooting and his TEAM having 3 more wins means he should win mvp?

someone please explain to me how Durant is more valuble than Lebron other than at the free throw line
it shows who was the more complete player last season. kd improved his fg%, 3pt fg%, ft%, and assists this season. how does this not help the team?

head to head stats based on the 2 games they play have minimal impact on the whole season

it shows who was the more complete player last season. kd improved his fg%, 3pt fg%, ft%, and assists this season. how does this not help the team?

head to head stats based on the 2 games they play have minimal impact on the whole season

LeBron has improved his fg% 3pt% and is averaging more rebs and ast than he did last year and less turnovers

so in fact he is even better than he was last year when he was also the better player

TRY AGAIN SPORT

dudes should just come out and say they dont like LeBron and dont wanna see him win it again

Just seems like no matter what people throw out the narrative that lebrons team sucks

Sorry he has wade, bosh, ray Allen, battier, chalmers, cole. The team is good. That's enough. It's ridiculous at this point
Is it really? Like we see names and these are good standalone players, but If they had to play with just them what would really happen? Where would the rebounding come from, Bosh alone? Whos running that fast break with high efficiency? Wade? Cole? Wade can get the ball in isolation sets and Bosh can get it in the post, but theyre not Bron. Their coach isnt really a coach, hes Mike Brown lite: "Go out there and do things"-the extent of his "coaching". I feel like it would be a disaster.
We went through this argument years ago when he was on the Cavs, it holds even less weight now. You don't win a championship with a team that would be nothing without you.

A team with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh would be a bottom 10 team in the league and wouldn't be able to do a thing? Haha, that's a good one.
See above post. If the stacked Lakers Roster can be the 11th worst team in the league right now, then so can the Heat minus LeBron.
The Lakers 1. have struggled with injuries, and 2. Have a flat out terrible defensive scheme. Saying the Heat would be bottom 10 without Lebron is an absolutely ridiculous statement and no one who knows basketball would agree with you. Find one person in this thread who agrees with you.

Last year's finals have no relevance. Is Lebron a better overall player than Durant? Yes. Is Durant having a better season this year than Lebron? Yes.

Why is that so hard to admit? It's sad that people are stanning so hard for Lebron that they can't give credit to anyone else. Durant is having an incredible season, his team is playing better than anyone else, and at this point he deserves MVP.

Last edited:
They are diffrent kinds of players LeBron is the best player in the league and Durant is the best scorer see different

MVP is supposed to be for everything you bring to the table KD doesnt bring as much to the table as Bron that is a fact

dudes wanna give durant mvp for being a better free throw shooter and his team having a slightly better record? you cant be serious

LeBron is the number 1 offensive option on his team and still leads em in rebs & ast

KD is a fantastic player just not as good as LeBron I thought the finals clearly showed that

Never disputed whether KD or Bron should win (doesn't matter to me really), but you can't compare the quality of both players when both are nothing alike. Lebron is an Oscar Roberson kind of player and KD is a scoring assassin, he isn't asked to get the assists that is what Westbrook is there for...err...supposed to be there for.

and last years Finals was KD's first and he wasn't exactly ghost the way Lebron did his first two times going, but that's a whole different issue I don't really care for. :lol: It was more of an issue with Harden and their front court not controlling the paint as they should have.

but when it comes to MVP voting, overall team record does make a big difference as well, just how it is (unlike baseball). Right now I'd side with KD slightly, but its not even the all star break so a lot of things can change.

Dwight Howard: "I think this will be the start of a new season tonight. Our effort and energy will be better. It starts with me"
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) January 23, 2013

This is like the 7th time I've heard this from the Lakers 
laugh.gif

Jesus. He needs to throw in some more sports cliches.

"We're just going to treat the rest of the season like a 41 game series."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom