Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could honestly give LeBron the MVP year in and out its just a matter of whether the voters are seeking to create some type of parity with the award.

If they are then KD will win it.
:lol: It's not about "parity".. Durant is having the better season.

Lebron has time to catch him, but if the season ended right now Durant would be MVP.

What are you using to say KD is having a better season than Durant? Is is the fact that Mia has lost 3 more games than OKC?

If you're going by statistics, who's has to do more and is more valuable to their team then...

LeBron

PPG 26.3
RPG 8.1
APG 7.0
SPG 1.7
BPG 0.9
FG% 0.550
FT% 0.734
3P% 0.400
MPG 38.4

Kevin

PPG 29.5
RPG 7.5
APG 4.3
SPG 1.6
BPG 1.2
FG% 0.519
FT% 0.910
3P% 0.417
MPG 39.7

I'm not sure how you can say he's just down right having a better season, especially when you look at how their supporting cast are playing... Russy is playing like he's top 5 now while Wade has been struggling.

Again this isn't to take anythign away from Kevin because I love his game and I'm a HUGE fan, but to say he's having a better year out right is something I just don't see.
Durant is far and away the best player on the best team in the league. His efficiency this season is out of this world, far beyond anything we've ever seen in the league.

Using true shooting % (a pretty well-accepted statistic) instead of FG%, Durant has a TS% of .655. Lebron has a TS% of .619. That is a massive difference. I'll let someone else post more stats, but suffice it to say that Durant's season is historic by a fairly large margin.

And Wade hasn't been as good as Westbrook but struggling? He is not struggling at all.

Credit to Lebron for putting up great all-around stats, but Durant is just as key to his team's success because of how dominant he is without needing to have the ball all the time. He can take over a game at will, and he's been a great playmaker and defender this year which doesn't always show up in the stats.

I'm blown away watching him this season, honestly anyone who thinks Durant should be denied this season is either reaching for Bron or they just haven't seen KD play on a regular basis.

You could honestly give LeBron the MVP year in and out its just a matter of whether the voters are seeking to create some type of parity with the award.

If they are then KD will win it.
He should have gotten it the year D Rose got it as well. Voter Fatigue is real.
:lol:  @ "parity" as if KD isn't having an MVP caliber season.

If OKC finishes with the top overall record and KD is still producing at this clip...how is he NOT MVP?
Because OKC would at least be marginal without KD, if LeBron stopped playing the Heat would fall apart at the seams and be a bottom 10 team in the league. Most Valuable Player, not whos playing the best even though thats part of it.
This dude just said the Heat would be a bottom 10 team without Lebron, though..

Last edited:
LeBron Should win the next 5 mvps if the award is really for the most vaulable player

only way dude doesnt wind up with 7 mvps is if they get tired of giving it to him ala MJ

and for the record Durant isnt playing better than Bron he never has nor will he any time soon

get at me when KD pulls those assist numbers up and is a force on BOTH ends of the court

Yea but the Heat have been stalling a little bit in the East which is significantly worse...OKC has been bringing it every night in the West every single night which is a monster of an accomplishment.

As I said, these guys are pretty much dead even right now but I lean towards KD.

Yes, the team doesn't take nights off. And everyone not named LeBron or Cole has been benched at some point for nothing other than old age and/or lack of effort in Miami.

It is not about Wade's numbers. He can get 20/4/4 in his sleep. He doesn't care to expend much energy a lot of nights and with the way Miami likes to play, it's a hindrance.

Saw KD post 54/39/84 in the Finals and get his *** beat. Not buying into the shooting numbers cultivating him into another stratosphere. I'd be more open to an argument about his improved playmaking ability. I know he can make shots.

So Durant should be penalized because lebron's teammates supposedly take nights off?

Regular season award. Whatever you saw in the finals is irrelevant isn't it? To this discussion, not who's a better player

Last edited:
Westbrook has been playing like a top 7 player in the league though. :nerd:
Westbrook wouldn't be doing what he's doing if Durant wasn't so efficient without the ball.

Durant's high efficiency without being a primary ballhandler is what makes OKC so good. Westbrook can dribble around and shoot as much as he wants, and Durant will still drop 30 with minimal effort. No one can guard him even remotely.

Last edited:
CP yeah i remember OSH posting that... something like only 5 players in history have done what he's doing from a perimeter efficiency stand point. Estremely impressive.

I applaud that I really do.

But when I compare the crews and I see the amount of weight each player has to carry its NOT Close. Then to be on Par in the area's that Durant thrives in (scoring, & 3fg%) while besting him in boards, assist, steals, & FG that just means more to me. I'm sorry.

KD can have a piss poor games through the next week and they can still win every game they play because Russy can get whatever he want and score whenever he wants and they have the luxury of a 17ppg player coming off the bench.

As far as the whole Wade's not struggling... What do you call averaging the lowest statistcal production in Points, Rebounds, Assist, & Steals since his rookie season?

So Durant should be penalized because lebron's teammates supposedly take nights off?

Regular season award. Whatever you saw in the finals is irrelevant isn't it? To this discussion, not who's a better player

I agree, Durant is clearly the MVP this year. CP3 is in 2nd place then Bron, Melo and Duncan

No, that has nothing to do with Durant. It strengthens LeBron's argument, that's it. And supposedly? :lol:

My point with the shooting is this mythical 50/40/90 being thrown out as a trump card. I would make a more well rounded argument for KD (which you absolutely can) than just shooting numbers which he was close to attaining last year.

CP yeah i remember OSH posting that... something like only 5 players in history have done what he's doing from a perimeter efficiency stand point. Estremely impressive.

But when I compare the crews and I see the amount of weight each player has to carry its NOT Close. Then to be on Par in the area's that Durant thrives in (scoring, & 3fg%) while besting him in boards, assist, steals, & FG that just means more to me. I'm sorry.

KD can have a piss poor games through the next week and they can still win every game they play because Russy can get whatever he want and score whenever he wants and they have the luxury of a 17ppg player coming off the bench.

As far as the whole Wade's not struggling... What do you call averaging the lowest statistcal production in Points, Rebounds, Assist, & Steals since his rookie season?
I think that's attributes to the Wade playing the lowest minutes in his career. Also he have Ray Allen coming off the bench which means he doesn't need to shoot/score as much anymore. Plus I feel like Wade is just letting Bron do his thing while he's resting up and waiting for the second half of the season or playoff to begin. Also i think his assists isn't as high as it could be because bron is handling and setting up the offense a lot more now.

laugh.gif
 @ "parity" as if KD isn't having an MVP caliber season.

If OKC finishes with the top overall record and KD is still producing at this clip...how is he NOT MVP?
Because OKC would at least be marginal without KD, if LeBron stopped playing the Heat would fall apart at the seams and be a bottom 10 team in the league. Most Valuable Player, not whos playing the best even though thats part of it.
LeBron isnt on the heat and they lose their best scorer, rebounder, passer, defender, fast break player, post up player, isolation player, clutch player, and team leader. From top to bottom he is that team and they wouldnt be able to do a thing without him.

Last edited:
Even as a damn decoy Wade has a lot of worth when he's on the court. It's shocking to see Durant score the way he does with russy as his pg

I'm just going off better record while playing in the better confrence. Not any numbers. Bron still has a great team surrounding him, he's not all alone.

I agree, Durant is clearly the MVP this year. CP3 is in 2nd place then Bron, Melo and Duncan

Wait you have a player who's leading his team in 4 out of the 5 statistical categories (2nd in blks) 3rd in the MVP race who's team is the top team in his conference? :lol:

David Lee is straight-up one of the worst defensive bigs in the league. I guess this is the All-Star game we're talking about, but still.

david lee got to get some love. maybe like a few 5th place votes or something.
nerd.gif
For what award? Best player in the League named David?
roll.gif
David West says hello. Sike nah Lee>West
Even as a damn decoy Wade has a lot of worth when he's on the court. It's shocking to see Durant score the way he does with russy as his pg

I'm just going off better record while playing in the better confrence. Not any numbers. Bron still has a great team surrounding him, he's not all alone.
It isnt even the Heat, its LeBron and friends. The Thunder outside of KD>>>>>>>>>The Heat minus LeBron

^Strongly disagree with CP3, Lebron is clearly in second/1b. The Clippers don't really miss a beat without Paul.

Just using plain FG% doesn't tell the full story, because Durant takes more threes than Lebron (which are lower percentage but worth more points in games obviously). Using TS%, which takes into account the value of the attempts being taken, as I posted earlier Durant is shooting .655 and Lebron is shooting .619. A pretty sizeable difference.

I think people are downplaying Durant's impact because the offense isn't tailored around him being the primary ballhandler. You have to understand that a guy who doesn't need the ball can be just as valuable as a guy who does. If your star player is beyond unguardable and can make plays without having the ball all the time, that allows everyone around him (namely, a dominant scoring PG) to get loose. Durant's play is perfect for OKC, and he is the driving force for why they are the best team in the league.

Lebron is the best player in the league. But come on people, it's okay to admit that Durant has been having a better season.
That is because Wade is playing the fewest minutes, and taking the least FG attempts since his rookie season. He isn't struggling, he is taking on a decreased role to give Lebron more room to be effective (as he's said himself).

Quote:
:lol:  @ "parity" as if KD isn't having an MVP caliber season.

LeBron isnt on the heat and they lose their best scorer, rebounder, passer, defender, fast break player, post up player, isolation player, clutch player, and team leader. From top to bottom he is that team and they wouldnt be able to do a thing without him.
We went through this argument years ago when he was on the Cavs, it holds even less weight now. You don't win a championship with a team that would be nothing without you.

A team with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh would be a bottom 10 team in the league and wouldn't be able to do a thing? Haha, that's a good one.

Last edited:
Just seems like no matter what people throw out the narrative that lebrons team sucks

Sorry he has wade, bosh, ray Allen, battier, chalmers, cole. The team is good. That's enough. It's ridiculous at this point

Last edited:
Wait you have a player who's leading his team in 4 out of the 5 statistical categories (2nd in blks) 3rd in the MVP race who's team is the top team in his conference? :lol:

The Heat don't even have a top 3 record in the NBA. Lebron always gets an all around stat line but if it doesn't lead to an elite record with that stacked team then it doesn't mean as much. Heat would be the 4th seed in the West. Durant is the runaway MVP winner right now imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom