Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and for the record Durant isnt playing better than Bron he never has nor will he any time soon

get at me when KD pulls those assist numbers up and is a force on BOTH ends of the court

how can you use the assist argument when both players are a different type of breed. Bron is a natural point guard ala Magic who can score the rock, he is basically the PG for Miami. KD is the primary scoring option to carry the load when needed esp with last second shots (unless used as a decoy for West).

Defense you can make an argument for, but KD just isn't as physically gifted as Lebron......and lets not pretend Bron is some sort of lock down defender, guy gets some good blocks though.

...and I can't believe I'm reading nonsense about Lebron not having enough now.... **** you expect on a team with 3 "max" contracts, he has MORE than a lot of championship caliber teams ever had.

Last edited:
Wade struggling = watch inside the nba, repeat what they say

the heat are coasting man, off top. I've had my eye on them since bron got there and they have the light switch mentality even worse than the 3 peat lakers did. they routinely play to the level of the opposition for half the game and then mash on them in the second half. it's rare for the defending champs to dominate the regular season, that's for teams trying to prove themselves like okc lac and nyk. And even still they have a top 5 record

It's shocking to see Durant score the way he does with russy as his pg

Ehhh, I hear people say that a lot as if without Russ he'd be scoring 40 a game on 60%, 50%, and 100% shooting. Having an explosive guard like Westbrook is helping Durant far more than he's hurting or holding him back.

As for the MVP... if Durant keeps up his insane shooting numbers and the Thunder remain the best team in the league, I won't be that upset if he wins. I had more of a problem with Rose's MVP than Durant potentially getting it this year. Lebron is still the better overall player and then it comes down to however you determine MVP. Best player on the best team? Best overall season regardless of record? Most important player to his individual team's success? etc. 

Just seems like no matter what people throw out the narrative that lebrons team sucks

Sorry he has wade, bosh, ray Allen, battier, chalmers, cole. The team is good. That's enough. It's ridiculous at this point
Is it really? Like we see names and these are good standalone players, but If they had to play with just them what would really happen? Where would the rebounding come from, Bosh alone? Whos running that fast break with high efficiency? Wade? Cole? Wade can get the ball in isolation sets and Bosh can get it in the post, but theyre not Bron. Their coach isnt really a coach, hes Mike Brown lite: "Go out there and do things"-the extent of his "coaching". I feel like it would be a disaster.
We went through this argument years ago when he was on the Cavs, it holds even less weight now. You don't win a championship with a team that would be nothing without you.

A team with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh would be a bottom 10 team in the league and wouldn't be able to do a thing? Haha, that's a good one.
See above post. If the stacked Lakers Roster can be the 11th worst team in the league right now, then so can the Heat minus LeBron.

Antidope can have his own thoughts on Miami's roster. I know they are talented and I know they will show up when it counts.

In the regular season right now - They don't give consistent effort outside of LeBron, Cole and probably Joel Anthony when he gets to play. Either by choice or age. Spoelstra eventually made it public with their benching in Utah. Bosh has grabbed more than 6 boards once in the past month, that's just not giving a damn.

They have plenty to defend their title, they sure as hell do not have enough incentive on the roster to win 65 games in the process. LeBron will have to drag them to 55 instead.

Wait you have a player who's leading his team in 4 out of the 5 statistical categories (2nd in blks) 3rd in the MVP race who's team is the top team in his conference? :lol:

The Heat don't even have a top 3 record in the NBA. Lebron always gets an all around stat line but if it doesn't lead to an elite record with that stacked team then it doesn't mean as much. Heat would be the 4th seed in the West. Durant is the runaway MVP winner right now imo.

You're right their the 4th best team in the league... You said that like they were ranked 10th :lol:

You should also consider that they've only played 38 games (Next 4 are T.O, Det, Bos, & Bk) compared to the top 3 teams playing 42, 43, & 44. There is a very good chance they end up 32-12 and then theirJust to put things into a more accurate perspective. Oh and the 2nd & 3rd team in the league have 1 less loss than them at the same pace as those top 3 teams. :lol:

Dwight Howard: "I think this will be the start of a new season tonight. Our effort and energy will be better. It starts with me"
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) January 23, 2013
This is like the 7th time I've heard this from the Lakers 
laugh.gif

You're right their the 4th best team in the league... You said that like they were ranked 10th :lol:

You should also consider that they've only played 38 games (Next 4 are T.O, Det, Bos, & Bk) compared to the top 3 teams playing 42, 43, & 44. There is a very good chance they end up 32-12 and then theirJust to put things into a more accurate perspective. Oh and the 2nd & 3rd team in the league have 1 less loss than them at the same pace as those top 3 teams. :lol:

I'm not acting like they're the 10th best. I have Bron ranked 3rd on my list, it's not like he isn't top 5. If the MVP was a best stats award then he would win it every season. But for the stacked Heat to have the 4th best record in the NBA, I'm sorry that isn't impressive. Durant has been having an amazing season and the Thunder are steam rolling through the NBA. It's his award to lose.

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]294152603095412736[/MEDIA]"]
Dwight Howard: "I think this will be the start of a new season tonight. Our effort and energy will be better. It starts with me"
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) January 23, 2013
This is like the 7th time I've heard this from the Lakers 
laugh.gif

[/quote]

Could've picked a better game to waste the reset card on. FedEx Forum is going to be rocking.

Antidope can have his own thoughts on Miami's roster. I know they are talented and I know they will show up when it counts.

In the regular season right now - They don't give consistent effort outside of LeBron, Cole and probably Joel Anthony when he gets to play. Either by choice or age. Spoelstra eventually made it public with their benching in Utah. Bosh has grabbed more than 6 boards once in the past month, that's just not giving a damn.

They have plenty to defend their title, they sure as hell do not have enough incentive on the roster to win 65 games in the process. LeBron will have to drag them to 55 instead.

I don't know how you can say M.Miller, Chalmers and Battier will just show up when it counts...These guys aren't Shaq/LeBron and they have all been terrible at times this year. Especially Chalmers who they really need to be bring it and he just looks high on the court. Haslem essentially is playing with a fork on their back. Miami's role players are very suspect to me, I agree with you about Wade snoozing through the season and Bosh in some regards, they'll turn it on but the other guys, nah I can't say that.

Last edited:
Dwight is not about that "big market team" life.. Dudes mentally weak and crumbles when all attention is on him. Its all fun and games when its anything other than basketball, but once things come up about his game... I don't think he has a clue on what to talk about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom