Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it shows who was the more complete player last season. kd improved his fg%, 3pt fg%, ft%, and assists this season. how does this not help the team?

head to head stats based on the 2 games they play have minimal impact on the whole season

LeBron has improved his fg% 3pt% and is averaging more rebs and ast than he did last year and less turnovers

so in fact he is even better than he was last year when he was also the better player

TRY AGAIN SPORT

dudes should just come out and say they dont like LeBron and dont wanna see him win it again
0.2 rebounds whoopie

what made you assume i want kd to win mvp? im just asking you questions based on what you said

I'm thinking Durant gets it if OKC still has the best record at the end of year & he has 50/40/90 while still leading the league in scoring, a combo that has never been done before.

again none of you can name one reason why durant is more vauble

is it the 3 or 4 more points a game while being an "assassain" ?

is it that he shoots better from the line?

one of you clowns EXPLAIN why he should win MVP I'm waiting

"KD is there to get points not assists"

yet some how Bron does both and grabs more boards

some of you cats just wont admit you hate LeBron becuase thats the only reason I'm coming up with for why durant should win MVP

BTW, the Charlotte Bobcats will do their due diligence in considering a switch back to the Hornets, but nothing is imminent, a source said.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) January 23, 2013
nthat.gif

Bill Simmons mentioned the Dwight-Larry Johnson similarities that Allen has been talking about.
Simmons:  Yessir. After the 2011 season ended, you could safely say three players guaranteed you 46-plus wins if you gave them 11 average teammates — LeBron, Howard and Durant. Now? It's a two-man list. And I don't think people realize how young Howard is … he just turned 27 years old. He's two months older than Rajon Rondo! For everyone saying, "Well, he just has to play himself back into shape," um … how do we know for sure? Maybe he's never going to be the same. I remember when Larry Johnson was battling a herniated disk in the mid-'90s, he had the surgery and everyone said, "He'll be fine, he'll be the old LJ soon." Never happened. He lost his explosiveness, stopped being the same rebounder, and reinvented himself as an outside shooter. Check this out …

Larry Johnson, age 24: 40.5 MPG, 22.1 PPG, 10.5 RPG, 4.3 APG, 53% FG, 18.9 PER
Larry Johnson, age 29: 34.4 MPG, 12.8 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 2.3 APG, 51% FG, 15.8 PER
Larry Johnson, age 30: 33.4 MPG, 12.0 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 2.4 APG, 46% FG, 14.6 PER

So for anyone saying, "Howard just needs to play himself back into shape," what evidence do we have that it will happen?

some of you cats just wont admit you hate LeBron becuase thats the only reason I'm coming up with for why durant should win MVP
Because you're a Lebron stan who only watches Heat highlights, it couldn't be more obvious from the tone of your posts :lol:
Watch Durant play some time, he makes his case for MVP every single night.

Last edited:
Only other players I can recall having back issues: Tyson Chandler, David Robinson, Steve Nash, Tracy McGrady and Marvin Williams.

I'm sure there's a lot of other players that have dealt with back spasms and such too.

The MVP will come down to KD, Bron, and CP3. (If they are still top teams in the NBA at the end of the season)

Any three can win it and I wouldn't even argue.

BUT.... Bron> KD even if KD wins MVP

*enter ring argument here

laugh.gif

Because you're a Lebron stan who only watches Heat highlights, it couldn't be more obvious from the tone of your posts :lol:
Watch Durant play some time, he makes his case for MVP every single night.

so you make a personal attack and still provide NO REASON why KD is more valuble :rolleyes nice

and you can save your reply your blocked clown

why do you belittle that kd averages 3 more points per game or his ft % like it means nothing?

clowns? :rolleyes

for the record, i think the edge goes to lbj based on his defense alone

why do you belittle that kd averages 3 more points per game or his ft % like it means nothing?

clowns? :rolleyes

for the record, i think the edge goes to lbj based on his defense alone

Then bring up rebounds which LeBron averages 0.6 more of, and have the nerve to be calling other people clowns.

This just makes you sound like a KD hater

Why can't you admit that KD is having JUST AS GOOD of a season as Bron, and has a solid chance of winning it?

Last edited:
Off what the MVP is based on, KD is probably in the lead right now. Usually goes to the best player on the team with the best record. With that said, if the Heat have the best record by the end of the season, it'll probably go to LBJ.

I didnt belittle anything I was asking a question

I in fact acknowledge I'd give KD the edge in the scoring department

the only reason I brought up rebounds is because dudes where raving about KD going 50/40/90 when LeBron is shooting the same minus free throws ofcourse I thought that if something as minimal as ft% was going to decide the mvp race in cats eyes I should point out that Bron grab .6 more boards

and the clown refernce wasnt to either of you it was directed to these dudes arguing a point and not providing anything to support their argument you both have in fact contributed to said disscusion by providing facts and eveidence to support what your saying

The minute LeBron steps off the court in most nights, any lead that they may have had is gone far too quickly. Pathetic how a 15 point lead just disappears anytime Bron leaves the court.

Love KDs aggression this year though. :smh:

Nicholson looks legitimately intimidated by Davis.. plus Big Baby at the very end "Do I look sweet?"

When I quoted Cake, I wasn't saying that LeBron should win. I think they're both close now, with Bron slightly ahead. But it is true what he said, Bron will lose a couple 1st place votes because voters may be tired of giving it to him. Or maybe they have the jilted lover attitude a few of you have towards him. That's not saying KD won't deserve it if/when he wins it. But to say that one of them is far and away ahead right now is asinine. That's the problem with some of you, it's one extreme or another and nothing in between.

I agree with what Allen is saying about 50/40/90 being a mythical number and that it shouldn't be an automatic vote for MVP or be the sole reason you think he's MVP.

Wow...so Lebron left Cleveland for more help...only to go to Miami and still have to "carry" the team huh?

I'm saying. People really act like his teammates aren't just lazy and let Lebron do all the work. Dwayne Wade isn't that old. He's lead this team his whole career and people are going to say 2 years later if Lebron got injured he coudn't take this team to the playoffs? It's crazy how people forget how good Dwayne Wade really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom