Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could honestly give LeBron the MVP year in and out its just a matter of whether the voters are seeking to create some type of parity with the award.

If they are then KD will win it.

I think KD's argument is pretty much just as strong up to this point. It's a deadheat right now, 2nd half of the season will decide it.

MVP- KD
ROY- Lillard
DPOY- Noah
6th Man- J.Cross
MIP- Brook Lopez
Coach- Mark Jackson

I love this gif lmfaoooo

:lol: you guys act like they would be a lotto team if they switched places. they were mopping teams with eric bledsoe starting but kyrie wouldn't hold his own?

Cp

Ki

almost any pg could put on a blindfold and throw lobs to blake and deandre. I like cp3 but he doesn't have insane court vision like some people make it seem. sick handles, knockdown shooter, good at the rim and midrange but he's not magic johnson or even steve nash in terms of pg skills

I think KD's argument is pretty much just as strong up to this point. It's a deadheat right now, 2nd half of the season will decide it.

MVP- KD
ROY- Lillard
DPOY- Noah
6th Man- J.Cross
MIP- Brook Lopez
Coach- Mark Jackson

Brook Lopez for MIP? Dude has been a scoring machine his entire career, unless dude started averaging 12-15 rebounds, I dont see it....and Brook is one of my favorite players in the league

:lol: you guys act like they would be a lotto team if they switched places. they were mopping teams with eric bledsoe starting but kyrie wouldn't hold his own?

Cp

Ki

almost any pg could put on a blindfold and throw lobs to blake and deandre. I like cp3 but he doesn't have insane court vision like some people make it seem. sick handles, knockdown shooter, good at the rim and midrange but he's not magic johnson or even steve nash in terms of pg skills

The least amount of wins a Chris Paul-led team has had in his NBA tenure is 37. Irving is a VERY good player...however, he's not in the stratosphere of Chris Paul as far as what it takes to run a team.

You could honestly give LeBron the MVP year in and out its just a matter of whether the voters are seeking to create some type of parity with the award.

:lol: It's not about "parity".. Durant is having the better season.

Lebron has time to catch him, but if the season ended right now Durant would be MVP.

laugh.gif
 @ "parity" as if KD isn't having an MVP caliber season.

If OKC finishes with the top overall record and KD is still producing at this clip...how is he NOT MVP?

yeah it's not about sportswriters and such wanting to even things out among the league's top players

that's a ridiculous notion

He is not having a better individual season, though.

26, 8 and 7 on 55/40/73. Still clearly the better defender and still covers more holes for his team with his versatility. And won the head to head match up.

The record does swing it in KD's favor but he is on a younger team that doesn't take nights off on him. LeBron gets Wade every other night and Bosh spaces out a couple nights a week. Ibaka/Russ and that crew are 100MPH every night (and Russ is probably the 5th or 6th best player in the entire league right now) Probably LeBron's best MVP display lately outside of the Laker game was in the loss at Utah, nobody else gets throw into that position he was in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Brook has been leaps and bounds better defensively, more efficient offensively and is currently 5th in PER in the entire league. Brooklyn is 2/12 out of first and he has been the biggest reason for that.

:lol: It's not about "parity".. Durant is having the better season.

Lebron has time to catch him, but if the season ended right now Durant would be MVP.

What are you using to say KD is having a better season than Durant? Is is the fact that Mia has lost 3 more games than OKC?

If you're going by statistics, who's has to do more and is more valuable to their team then...

LeBron

PPG 26.3
RPG 8.1
APG 7.0
SPG 1.7
BPG 0.9
FG% 0.550
FT% 0.734
3P% 0.400
MPG 38.4

Kevin

PPG 29.5
RPG 7.5
APG 4.3
SPG 1.6
BPG 1.2
FG% 0.519
FT% 0.910
3P% 0.417
MPG 39.7

I'm not sure how you can say he's just down right having a better season, especially when you look at how their supporting cast are playing... Russy is playing like he's top 5 now while Wade has been struggling.

Again this isn't to take anythign away from Kevin because I love his game and I'm a HUGE fan, but to say he's having a better year out right is something I just don't see.

Last edited:
The least amount of wins a Chris Paul-led team has had in his NBA tenure is 37. Irving is a VERY good player...however, he's not in the stratosphere of Chris Paul as far as what it takes to run a team.

cmon now bruh you know cp has never had a team as poor as cleveland. before blake and deandre he was throwing it up to birdman and tyson chandler. half the roster from last years cavs aren't even in the league anymore and plus kyrie only played 32 games in a 66 game season so that argument is kinda silly wouldn't you say? if the clippers have a winning record without cp and have been blowing teams out I don't see why anyone would think they would struggle with kyrie in his place

Yea but the Heat have been stalling a little bit in the East which is significantly worse...OKC has been bringing it every night in the West every single night which is a monster of an accomplishment.

As I said, these guys are pretty much dead even right now but I lean towards KD.

And I wouldn't exactly say Wade is struggling...20/4/4......51/.35/.75

Last edited:
Cake, if Osh pulls in, he'll talk about the perimeter season Durant is having. That HP dude on twitter that has 10 billion tweets been all about it too. 50/40/90 while leading the league in scoring has never happened in NBA history.

Hell, I ain't even know he threw in a block a game with a steal and a half. ****. :lol: I even shorted him half a board. His numbers are even better than what I typed above. God damn.

At this point, half way thru the year, I don't see anything changing what we saw last year. Heat, Thunder. Same collision course as last year. If my team isn't gonna be there, then that's the matchup I wanna see. It could get historical real quick if they rematch. Tell your grandkids type ****.

He should have gotten it the year D Rose got it as well. Voter Fatigue is real.
laugh.gif
 @ "parity" as if KD isn't having an MVP caliber season.

If OKC finishes with the top overall record and KD is still producing at this clip...how is he NOT MVP?
Because OKC would at least be marginal without KD, if LeBron stopped playing the Heat would fall apart at the seams and be a bottom 10 team in the league. Most Valuable Player, not whos playing the best even though thats part of it.

Last edited:
What are you using to say KD is having a better season than Durant? Is is the fact that Mia has lost 3 more games than OKC?

If you're going by statistics, who's has to do more and is more valuable to their team then...

LeBron

PPG 26.3
RPG 8.1
APG 7.0
SPG 1.7
BPG 0.9
FG% 0.550
FT% 0.734
3P% 0.400
MPG 38.4

Kevin

PPG 29.5
RPG 7.5
APG 4.3
SPG 1.6
BPG 1.2
FG% 0.519
FT% 0.910
3P% 0.417
MPG 39.7

I'm not sure how you can say he's just down right having a better season, especially when you look at how their supporting cast are playing... Russy is playing like he's top 5 now while Wade has been struggling.

Again this isn't to take anythign away from Kevin because I love his game and I'm a HUGE fan, but to say he's having a better year out right is something I just don't see.
Statistically speaking they're pretty much equal.  Bron has more assits and a higher FG% and better defense, but KD has the advantage in scoring and FT%.

And Wade ain't struggling. He's averaging 20 game and shooting the highest FG% of his career. I wouldn't call that struggling at all, especially considering the injuries he's been thru.

So wait a minute...

A team with D. Wade and Bosh would be a bottom 5 team but the Thunder would be "marginal" with Westbrook and Kevin Martin running the show?

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom