Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only sense I make of the deal is that we save $6M. Also, it prepares the team for a bigger move if they decided to move Rudy/ZBO and could bring back more players.

This also could mean more Wroten or more Conley/Bayless. Pondexter will be due back soon, DA will be playing more minutes and we also may see more Rudy at the 4.

The dumbest thing about the trade is adding a 2015 pick (top 5 protected) lmao
Are you being serious? Why would they do that? Thats beyond stupid. I swear theres a leaguewide conspiracy to rebuild the Cavs.

dispute this

because he's had a strong influence on the way the offense has adapted and changed compared to where it was 8 years ago. That probably builds up some good will.

It also doesn't hurt when Jerry Colangelo and Donnie Walsh (+ Bulls org) think highly enough of him, followed by the Buss family.

Last edited:
Stephen A Smith just said the Lakers need to trade Dwight Howard and get something in return because he will leave L.A., he doesn't want to be there.

:lol:

Dwightmare 2.0. Coming to a Sportscenter near you soon

I have a quesition, earlier in the summer it was reproted many teams such as The Cavs, Raptors, Hawks, Bucks, will be wearing there 90's throwback this year. Does anybody knows when this will take place??? The cavs black jersey with the blue stripe in the middle is my favorite cavs jersey and that is the one they will wear. I saw on the team site they have a Z version of it, but I don't want a Z hhaha

Thanks for any info

I wish the Lakers could make a trade like...

Dwight for Marc Gasol and Rudy Gay

That would be nice. Pau would gain confidence playing alongside his brother and Rudy would be a sweet relief from mwp at swingman.Dwight is such a disappointment.

^ :smh: :lol: that mascot had some venom behind that slap.

If that wasn't an inside prank I'd be suing the crap out of the Rockets, punitive damage and all. I'd have that bear head sitting above my fireplace with premium house slippers made from the down hairs of harden's beard.

Last edited:
Hey_

RealGM Wiretap
Basketball news gathered from around the net.

Source: Nets Preparing To Pursue Trade For Dwight
Jan 22, 2013 11:02 AM EST

The Brooklyn Nets are preparing to make another run at Dwight Howard, according to a source.

Playing in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and Joe Johnson was at the top of Howard’s list last summer and the Nets are convinced that he still has a strong desire to make the Barclays Center his home office. The Nets have played well under P.J. Carlesimo and feel like the addition of Howard could be the piece that gets them to the NBA Finals.

Nets general manager Billy King has closely monitored the struggling Lakers and quietly searched for a third team with an attractive piece that would help facilitate a trade that would deliver Howard to the Nets, according to sources.

The Lakers have struggled through injuries, a coaching change and a lack of chemistry this season. The team is currently 17-24 and facing the reality that missing the playoffs seems inevitable. The feeling out of Brooklyn is that Howard can be had for the right price because of the Lakers’ struggles and long-term commitment to a collection of pieces that just don’t seem to fit or complement Howard’s assortment of skills.

The only missing element was a third team with an attractive piece that would force the Lakers to consider the future of the franchise and directly question Howard about the direction he’s leaning at this point of the season. King, according to sources, was confident that he had a trade proposal that was a perfect fit for all teams involved.

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was shelved when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

King will still look around for an attractive piece for the Lakers, but won’t make getting Howard as big a priority as last season, according to sources. But he will continue to watch the Lakers and explore intriguing trade options, sources said.

Via Jarrod Rudolph/RealGM

Julius F. Wrek

Last edited:
^ :smh: :lol: that mascot had some venom behind that slap.

If that wasn't an inside prank I'd be suing the crap out of the Rockets, punitive damage and all. I'd have that bear head sitting above my fireplace with premium house slippers made from the down hairs of harden's beard.

:rofl: :rofl:

Honestly the Nets leave to leave Dwight and the lakers alone.

Idk what's going on with him if he's not fully healthy or he just doesn't give a ****.

And I'm sorry why would the wolves trade for Lopez when they have Nik.

Nevermind.

We about to sign Delonte West, Sasha Vujacic and Bill Walker. F the players we senet out :rofl:
:smh: Ellington was my zone buster for 2k13 but **** it's a good trade if memphis end up with those 3 mention especially if Bill Walker is healthy :pimp: I hope this trade means that Rudy will play more at the 4

Why trade and do LA any favors when he's going to leave ANYWAY.
Mitch
Dwight would be stupid to leave LA with all that money on the table and its LaLa Land
mean.gif
This is what everyone keeps saying, cause he cant get as much anywhere else, but IDK. He keeps talking about how he wants to win, and its not looking like he will be able to get one if he stays.
It's inevitable. It may be too little too late this season, but some team is going to make a lopsided trade that helps the Lakers out.

laugh.gif
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=148891 womp womp
"Teams will beg for Mercy"
roll.gif
roll.gif

So, the official deal is...

Speights, Ellington, Selby, 2015 1st (top 5 protected) for Jon Leur + $6M trade exception that's good for this year.

Grizz save about $6.2M in the deal and are now a couple of million under the tax.

Last edited:
not like that specific deal would help LA though. Not if your goal is winning championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom