Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait grizzlies made a trade to reduce payroll but sign three players??

How much was speights making a year that they needed to move him?

:lol:

Guaranteed to be below .500. You think we just gonna sit on our ****s all offseason? :lol:
Who are they gonna get?

They can't trade Pau for somebody decent.  From a financial aspect they're in the toilet.  They're practically the laughing stock of the league right now from a talent-to-win ratio. Please tell me what moves they're going to make in the offseason that's gonna make them better than this year that DONT involve parting ways with Dwight?

Unless the lakers find the fountain of youth for Nash and Pau they're going nowhere fast.

Man, if we can trade Kwame Brown for somebody decent.......

We traded Luke Walton for somebody decent......

Derek Fisher for somebody decent.......

I think they can find a "decent" enough player(s) for Pau, Dwight, whoever they might trade. That said, I don't know for a fact that we will try to make a "big" trade. If they decide to call it, the little players are the ones I think they move. Meeks, Jamison, etc. Nothing and no one major. I think those will happen.

Or, they do decide to cut it down, and move Pau, or Nash, or Dwight, etc. Depends on what the market is, who wants to work with us (nobody should want to after the last 5 years) and so on.

But either way, we won't just roll the same squad out next year man, you guaranting a below .500 record is a bit overboard, don'tcha think?

Grizz also looking at Kenyon Martin..

TA, West, Martin and ZBO. good squad :pimp:
To be honest, y'all pull that off and I'm scared if I'm OKC. Not that all those dudes can guard KD and Russ, but they can do better than a lot of teams combinations of defenders. Plus I still think teams are looking at KD and Russ's dynamic duo act, and whileit's impressive, just waiting til the Playoffs to quintuple (5) team them and watch Perk miss wide open layups and those 2 have to play 48 minutes a game because our bench is total trash and Brooks gives the rookies no run.

Last edited:
Real question?

If the struggles continue and it's not looking to get any better do the lakers trade Dwight before the deadline?

Yes.

And if we end up getting West, Walker and Sasha as expected, it'll make things even better. I don't care about Delonte's off the court problems, the guy can play. He's good enough to play at the end of games with our starting unit. We also desperately needed size at the SF position. The only 6'7+ guy we had at SF was Rudy. Adding Walker and possibly Sasha will help out on the perimeter.

They may still make a big move before the deadline if the team still looks mediocre on offense, but its more likely that they wait it out now.
laugh.gif
 you going to fall in the same trap everyone else does when there team signs west?

CP you said this Laker season is reminding you of 2005 and three years later the Lakers are in the championship. I'm not coming at you, but how could you feel that way?

Lakers were bad in 2005 but dude, Kobe was 26 years old not even in his prime. They were always one player away with the greatest player in the league at the time. What the hell kind of upside do the Lakers to look 3 years down the road? The 2014 FA class? - That's not feasible. Draft picks? - Lakers have none. Trade Assets? - None, except Dwight.

It may be a while man, every franchise goes thru it. I'm a Yankee fan, I bleed pinstripes but homie check our record in the 80's and early 90's.

Last edited:
Man, if we can trade Kwame Brown for somebody decent.......

We traded Luke Walton for somebody decent......

Derek Fisher for somebody decent.......

I think they can find a "decent" enough player(s) for Pau, Dwight, whoever they might trade. That said, I don't know for a fact that we will try to make a "big" trade. If they decide to call it, the little players are the ones I think they move. Meeks, Jamison, etc. Nothing and no one major. I think those will happen.

Or, they do decide to cut it down, and move Pau, or Nash, or Dwight, etc. Depends on what the market is, who wants to work with us (nobody should want to after the last 5 years) and so on.

But either way, we won't just roll the same squad out next year man, you guaranting a below .500 record is a bit overboard, don'tcha think?
No, not at all.

My point was why would Dwight come back?  IMO, there's nothing they can add to the team without trading him.  Steve Nash is about to retire, Pau's stock has dropped. I can see anybody then can move for that's gonna push them above .500 with a aging Kobe.

Honestly, the Lakers best bet is to develop Earl Clark.  Dude has shown more heart and potential in the games he's played significant minutes than anybody else not named Kobe. Srs.

Depends on what the market is, who wants to work with us (nobody should want to after the last 5 years) and so on.

Someone name me a team that has traded with the Lakers that didn't get the shaft?

You can say the Grizzley's I guess because Marc turned out to be decent but other than that does another team exist?

Lakers were bad in 2005 but dude, Kobe was 26 years old not even in his prime. They were always one player away with the greatest player in the league at the time. What the hell kind of upside do the Lakers to look 3 years down the road? The 2014 FA class? - That's not feasible. Draft picks? - Lakers have none. Trade Assets? - None, except Dwight.

It may be a while man, every franchise goes thru it.
I'd side with this.

Lakers are not above a downswing and not just a 2-3 year blip. They always have been above it because 90% of their franchise history they've had a current Top 1-5 player. I know history is on their side that it somehow just works out but nobody is invincible in a star dependent league.

Wait grizzlies made a trade to reduce payroll but sign three players??

How much was speights making a year that they needed to move him?

They sent out a little over $7M in salaries and only brought back $762k + a $6M trade exception.

The 3 players they sign will be prorated to fit the remaining games the team has.

And Mike, if any team can help West get his life right, it'll be the Grizz :lol:

Last edited:
CP you said this Laker season is reminding you of 2005 and three years later the Lakers are in the championship. I'm not coming at you, but how could you feel that way?

It may be a while man, every franchise goes thru it. I'm a Yankee fan, I bleed pinstripes but homie check our record in the 80's and early 90's.

Do you believe that the LA Lakers are only Kobe? Like without him, we suddenly fall into the abyss?

I don't know how or why I keep having to remind folks, it's been this way FOREVER in LA. We don't die. A specific season, sure. But a decade? Hell no.

We lost West & co, got Kareem, couple years later, Magic, title time.

We lost Magic. ( :frown: ) and 5 years later landed Shaq and Kobe.

We traded Shaq, the world BURIED us. Shovels full of dirt, piling it on us, left for dead, Chirs Mihm, Chucky Atkins, 3 years later, everyone hated us again.

Kobe will ride off into the sunset one day, and we will come back. A, we won't be paying 30 million dollars to one man anymore, and B, everyone will be gone as well.

We have a chance (depending on what we do with Dwight) to be completely empty come 2014. As in zero players. Ala the Heat in 2010. Now we may not land Bron, Wade and Chris Bosh, but we will begin to reload. And we will reload with guys that want to win, and have witnessed that our franchise cares only about that.

Now, alot of that might be on what and how Jim Buss works, but I suspect he's going to learn from this season, he should have flat out hired Phil. We wouldn't be the #1 seed right now, but he would mask a lot of our flaws and play to a lot of our strengths, something MDA is not doing, at all. Either way, Buss has to learn from this.

Mitch is fine, I am sure everyone knows this much. :lol: He will be there for us making moves, smart moves, and doing what he does.

It's fine to bury us in Phil pics now, but those thinking this is a decade long, lifetime thing have short tem memory loss or some ****. We never die long. It's proven, over and over and over again. Guess we'll have to prove it to people yet again.

Real question?

If the struggles continue and it's not looking to get any better do the lakers trade Dwight before the deadline?
They should trade him anyways. Its not worth him pulling the same nonsense he pulled with Orlando, they were willing to take that risk, but that was back when everyone thought they would be dominating and winning which would entice him to say, now that they suck, leaving is a more likely scenario than it was before and they shouldnt take that chance

Grizz just traded Speights, Selby, Ellington and a pick for Jon Leur

:x

I know they wanted to get under the tax, but you traded two rotational players, a cheap prospect and A PICK for this ************ ?!

We saved $6M in the deal. I guess Pondexter is due back a lot sooner.

leuer-jon.jpg

Who is this doofus and what makes him so special to acquire?

Do you believe that the LA Lakers are only Kobe? Like without him, we suddenly fall into the abyss?

I don't know how or why I keep having to remind folks, it's been this way FOREVER in LA. We don't die. A specific season, sure. But a decade? Hell no.

We lost West & co, got Kareem, couple years later, Magic, title time.

We lost Magic. ( :frown: ) and 5 years later landed Shaq and Kobe.

We traded Shaq, the world BURIED us. Shovels full of dirt, piling it on us, left for dead, Chirs Mihm, Chucky Atkins, 3 years later, everyone hated us again.

Kobe will ride off into the sunset one day, and we will come back. A, we won't be paying 30 million dollars to one man anymore, and B, everyone will be gone as well.

We have a chance (depending on what we do with Dwight) to be completely empty come 2014. As in zero players. Ala the Heat in 2010. Now we may not land Bron, Wade and Chris Bosh, but we will begin to reload. And we will reload with guys that want to win, and have witnessed that our franchise cares only about that.

Now, alot of that might be on what and how Jim Buss works, but I suspect he's going to learn from this season, he should have flat out hired Phil. We wouldn't be the #1 seed right now, but he would mask a lot of our flaws and play to a lot of our strengths, something MDA is not doing, at all. Either way, Buss has to learn from this.

Mitch is fine, I am sure everyone knows this much. :lol: He will be there for us making moves, smart moves, and doing what he does.

It's fine to bury us in Phil pics now, but those thinking this is a decade long, lifetime thing have short tem memory loss or some ****. We never die long. It's proven, over and over and over again. Guess we'll have to prove it to people yet again.

I'm not saying the Lakers are going to be bad for 10 years (like my Knicks were, that was tough). I'm saying the Lakers are further away from being in contention for a championship since 1992 (when Magic retired). I'm saying this is nothing like the 2005 season, not even close, their was still a ton of upside then.

Will the Lakers rebound, yea. Will it take a while, yea. Star driven league man, not many game-changing stars around to spread competitiveness.

CP, you're grasping onto the fact that your franchise has had a rich and somewhat fortunate history and that somehow that is going to translate into another run of championships in the near future (2-3 years) just because.......it's the Lakers and that's what y'all do?

2-3 years back in the mix of things seems awfully optimistic my dude.

The 1st rounder Cleveland receives from Memhis is top 5 protected and 15-30 in 2015 and 2016, top 5 protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom