Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why trade and do LA any favors when he's going to leave ANYWAY.
Where is he going to going? Houston or Atlanta? Doubtful.

Morey laughs at this, as he's been hoping Dwight became miserable in LA :lol:

Money means nothing if you're miserable. Sorry.

Pretty much :lol:

That Grizz trade is meh, but helps them with money. And if the Lakers and Nets make a deal for Dwight, let it be for Joe Johnson and Kris Humphries :lol:, or something that would decimate the Lakers cap

Man, I hope so. I would LOVE to have Boogie here in DC. With the Kings/Sonics in influx, who knows if they'd be willing to move him at this time?

That's a good point but if they were smart they would dump salary and rebuild with new ownership. Their core hasn't done much.

THE LAKERS ALL SEASON 

Naw this is the Lakers All Season

Tyreke gets traded next month imo Essential. Why wait?

Certainly possible...

The ownership change is why everyone thinks any deal that is not B rate player for another B rate player will wait until the offseason.
Tyreke wouldn't help the Lakers in anyway 
laugh.gif

Any ideas tho Essential 
nerd.gif

EDIT: I remember reading that with all the uncertainty surrounding the Kings, they ain't doing anything major at the deadline, so Reke and DMC probably ain't getting moved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Oops you were talking about Cousins right?

Answer probably not

Cousins....yup.

Cousins would get in so much trouble here in DC it wouldn't be funny. ..

Why?

wait so after mcgee and blatche are finally traded you want ANOTHER bonehead in cousins? :lol:

if im the kings id take that number 1 pick for him but why on earth would you want cousins? :lol:

McGee and Blatche are different types of boneheads. I'd much rather deal with a temperamental dude (who actually cares) like Cousins 10x outta 10.

why would u want evans or boogie anywhere near the wizards?

NOT evans, but what's the risk of bringing Cousins into DC? I said it before...but if this trade is made I would want Nene to stick around. He's a quality vet that could be a good mentor both on and off the court for Boogie. Not to mention the John Wall connection. This team has NOTHING to lose by trying to make this trade. If it goes through, good...let's see what happens. If it goes through and fails, oh well...we're back exactly where we are right now. Last in the league. EG needs to roll the dice here and try to make a deal for a potential young stud with upside. Rudy Gay is nothing more than a lateral move. Cousins COULD be a high reward that outweighs the high risk. That's a move I'm willing to make.

So what was all that talk about the new CBA helping small market teams? Okc and grizz already forced to make moves out of fear of financial ramifications.

So what was all that talk about the new CBA helping small market teams? Okc and grizz already forced to make moves out of fear of financial ramifications.

Just another way to sucker casual fans onto their side during negotiations.

Last edited:
Dang it, leave JO alone!!!!!

Dude was one of my favorite player of the early 2000s
Suns GM Lance Blanks and center Jermaine O'Neal engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday, league sources tell Y! Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 22, 2013
As @paulcoro reports, O'Neal will not be accompanying Suns on road trip. Story soon on Y! Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 22, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Lionel, "Our whole team becomes crucial. Tony Wroten becomes crucial, JB at the 2 becomes crucial, and Haddadi may have to get in rotation"

:D

Told you...you have to force Hollins to do certain things with the rotation by trading away pieces.

How good was the 2003 Olympic qualifying team?

Duncan, JO, Brand, K Mart.... all were all stars and at the time could make an argument for top 5 PFs.... maybe

Carter, AI, T Mac, Ray Ray..... all were definitely top 5 SGs in the league

Kidd, best PG in the league... Bibby, was cool too

i wouldn't really say that was done with fear though, Martin was a good return. 

I suppose, but the point is that they were forced to trade Harden because they couldn't afford to sign him for what he wanted. If the financial consequences of resigning him weren't a concern, he'd still be with the Thunder. The fact that OKC managed to make a good deal out of it doesn't negate the fact that the team was forced to trade one of its best players for financial reasons.

Duncan, JO, Brand, K Mart.... all were all stars and at the time could make an argument for top 5 PFs.... maybe

Eh, that's not all that good.

No Shaq or Webber, or KG, or Kobe, Pierce coulda been on that squad, GP was probably just past it, but I think he was still better than Bibby. You only have 10, who were the other 2 guys?

Eh, that's not all that good.

No Shaq or Webber, or KG, or Kobe, Pierce coulda been on that squad, GP was probably just past it, but I think he was still better than Bibby. You only have 10, who were the other 2 guys?
Richard Jefferson and Nick Collison 
laugh.gif

I believe Paul Pierce (and Baron Davis too?) was scapegoated in the 2002 FIBAs for the USA's poor showing, so that's why he hasn't been considered since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom