Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Paul Pierce (and Baron Davis too?) was scapegoated in the 2002 FIBAs for the USA's poor showing, so that's why he hasn't been considered since.
I think Paul Pierce was actually on the pool list but wasn't ever really given real consideration.

In 2008 and 2012 the player pool was soooooo deep just stinks that like 75% of pool drops out and they guys who are left are basically on the roster 
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose, but the point is that they were forced to trade Harden because they couldn't afford to sign him for what he wanted. If the financial consequences of resigning him weren't a concern, he'd still be with the Thunder. The fact that OKC managed to make a good deal out of it doesn't negate the fact that the team was forced to trade one of its best players for financial reasons.
true

the cap still does help small market teams though, by not having teams horde all the best players. OKC has Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka still, plus Martin coming from the bench. they are not hurting.

now the Rockets have an all-star player too plus their other good players, which is making them a pretty good team now, and that's what the cap was supposed to do.

do people really not understand a 19 million dollar expiring contract is a decent trade chip...I understand if you hate the Lakers but man don't let that get in the way of common sense.

wait so after mcgee and blatche are finally traded you want ANOTHER bonehead in cousins? :lol:

if im the kings id take that number 1 pick for him but why on earth would you want cousins? :lol:

Because unlike the other two players He can be the Best option on a team.... & he's far from lazy.......... The other two were some of the dumbest basketball players i've ever seen

Dwight howard is the biggest joke in the game today been tryna tell my boys for 2 years how overrated dude has been now everyone can see it dude is a diva and one with limited skills at that

Why would Minny want Brook Lopez? I'd sooner expect you know who to trade for more pgs than to give up Love.

Lionel, "Our whole team becomes crucial. Tony Wroten becomes crucial, JB at the 2 becomes crucial, and Haddadi may have to get in rotation"
happy.gif

Told you...you have to force Hollins to do certain things with the rotation by trading away pieces.
Do you think this will be good for them? I cant see it happening. Forcing him to play players he does not want to play who havent had time to play and need to pick it up fast cause its mid season. Recipe for disaster

So what was all that talk about the new CBA helping small market teams? Okc and grizz already forced to make moves out of fear of financial ramifications.
Not at all, their owners are just cheap. It's only suppose to help small market teams if they don't go over their limit.

do people really not understand a 19 million dollar expiring contract is a decent trade chip...I understand if you hate the Lakers but man don't let that get in the way of common sense.

$19 mil trade chip :pimp: :pimp:

The fact that that trade chip is cause of Pau :lol: :x :rolleyes

Do you think this will be good for them? I cant see it happening. Forcing him to play players he does not want to play who havent had time to play and need to pick it up fast cause its mid season. Recipe for disaster

Yea he was quoted saying Wroten will be seeing more of the PG position, Bayless more at SG and TA more at SF. If the team signs Delonte West and Bill Walker, I'm not sure what will happen. But, Wroten now has a chance to show what he's made of.

Kobe Tweeting and talking in 3rd person about his 81 point game might be the corniest and most self-absorbed thing I've ever seen. Your team is garbage, you just lost to the even worse Raptors and a Bulls teams missing Deng & Rose, I don't think tweeting about your 81 point game is the appropriate thing to do right now.

Maybe that's just me tho.

Bayless gonna get murked if he slides over to the 2. :pimp:

That kid Wroten has mad potential. Lucky him.

Last edited:
Kobe Tweeting and talking in 3rd person about his 81 point game might be the corniest and most self-absorbed thing I've ever seen. Your team is garbage, you just lost to the even worse Raptors and a Bulls teams missing Deng & Rose, I don't think tweeting about your 81 point game is the appropriate thing to do right now.

Especially when he's saying things like this:

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
Watching the game now, the easy shots I missed, I could of had 100 pts! #countonkobe

Nice priorities, Kobe. But then again, I've always thought people make a bigger deal out of the 81 point game than it deserves.

Its a Nike sponsored thing... you irate bro?

Especially when he's saying things like this:

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
Watching the game now, the easy shots I missed, I could of had 100 pts! #countonkobe

Nice priorities, Kobe. But then again, I've always thought people make a bigger deal out of the 81 point game than it deserves.

Thank God he only has two maybe three more semi-quality years left in the L then he can quietly bow out gracefully. Dude is uber self-absorbed. :x

Last edited:
We have a chance (depending on what we do with Dwight) to be completely empty come 2014.
Am I the only one not impressed with the 2014 free agency class?

I see Lebron & that's it. Unless you think Melo is leaving his beloved Knicks. If you wiff on those 2, then you're screwed.

You'll be left with a choice of a 36 year old Dirk, Rudy Gay, and Iguodala.

Lolwut? :lol:

Harden, James.
i wouldn't really say that was done with fear though, Martin was a good return. 
May have been the best that could be done on such short notice (I would have loved something like Klay Thompson, Brandon Rush, and their pick or maybe even Ezelli) and Presti being the nice guy he is even went out of his way to make sure the team he traded James to had the 5yr max available, but Kevin Martin is NOT James Harden.

We're still winning at a great rate but it;s misleading. Ibaka made a HUGE jump offensively this yr and KD and Russ of course improve every yr. The loss of James is still very evident to people who watch the Thunder regularly this and last yr. For one, bench is crap. Whereas with James they were a strength, now they come in and lose leads and get blown out every game. It has gotten so bad Brooks doesn't even go full bench lineups almost ever. We have KD go out from the starters early (usually the 3:00 minute mark of the 1st) then he comes back with the bench and has to effectively play point forward because Maynor was so terrible (shooting 29%, permanently out of the rotation now, refused to go to the D league, looking for trade partners) and Reggie Jackson isn't a point guard but plays 1 on Thunder games andhe isn't really good either, but he's better than Maynor because he's athletic.

Obviously Kevin Martin gives you nothing from ball handling and setting up other guys like James did, isn't the pick and roll wizard either. He basically spends most of the game camped out in the corner shooting an ever increasing amount of 3s (which give him his props he is hitting) and spending the 4th just watching KD and Russ go to work. He has been mired in a huge slump and his splits (road, games with no rest, against playoff teams) show that he crumbles without a supportive home crowd.

With James, we could just outgun you but moreso out-athlete everyone except Miami. No way you could stop all 3. Martin you can match up with, EASILY.

And to further the whole "small markets getting raped" narrative, we won't even be able to afford Martin after this yr. He's a 13mil expiring and based on past salaries of guys his age and production, will likely be expecting 3yrs/29 mil. We will only have 4 mil cap before we hit hte cap just after Westbrook, Durant, Sefolosha, Collison, and Ibaka

We're going to have to get somebody ELSE in that spot who will sign for just 4mil or *** we're in the tax. It's going to be like a Randy Foyre or somebody

Its a Nike sponsored thing... you irate bro?

Got your cape bro? Cuz it MAY be but it hasn't been revealed as fact that is cape heresay.

Plus Lakers would need the 7 seed or 6 (most likely). Not out reach, but I don't expect them to get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom