Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna say they're a title contender this year but dudes in here are gonna be shocked by how good they end up being. The Bulls went 62-20 a couple years ago and I think this Sixers team is every bit as good. You guys will probably get all worked up about that comment but that's just my opinion. And I'm not saying they're going to win 62 games either, just saying the talent level plus team work and defense is just as good as that squad.

So the sixers have a Derrick Rose type talent on their roster to lead them to 62 wins?

Some of you dudes and your wishful thinking. :smh:

I'm not gonna say they're a title contender this year but dudes in here are gonna be shocked by how good they end up being. The Bulls went 62-20 a couple years ago and I think this Sixers team is every bit as good. You guys will probably get all worked up about that comment but that's just my opinion. And I'm not saying they're going to win 62 games either, just saying the talent level plus team work and defense is just as good as that squad.
So the sixers have a Derrick Rose type talent on their roster to lead them to 62 wins?

Some of you dudes and your wishful thinking.
mean.gif
You dont need a d.rose type player on the team when everyone including the bench players can perform as a great team. It dont take one person to win it takes a team as awhole to win. Sure someone can drop 30+ points a night but your gonna need your team there to back you up. And looking at the sixers lineup im pretty sure a majority of them can drop double digits every game

Last edited:

But its buc em & hes talking about basketball ....

Sixers will surprise everyone including yall in this thread this year. i kno pre-season don't mean much but they had the best record with a team that got 9 new players and never played together until this season WITHOUT bynum yet. Its crazy how noone give these guys credits at all besides a few dudes. Continue to sleep on them just remember who told ya so when they finish top 3 and possibly make it to the finals with or without bynum
Finals? I'll match any amount of money and worldy possessions you want to put down on that.
We can make it alittle interesting 25$ paypal. Sixers making it to the finals WIN OR LOSE ? And i Always keep my word

and by the way who you think making it to the finals this year ??
Props to you sir for having faith in your team. I still have Philly at the 6th seed with a 2nd round exit however.

If I had to call the finals right now It would be Miami Vs. San Antonio

You dont need a d.rose type player on the team when everyone including the bench players can perform as a great team. It dont take one person to win it takes a team as awhole to win. Sure someone can drop 30+ points a night but your gonna need your team there to back you up

sixers will be #8 or #7 the knicks will be either right in front or right behind them

You dont need a d.rose type player on the team when everyone including the bench players can perform as a great team. It dont take one person to win it takes a team as awhole to win. Sure someone can drop 30+ points a night but your gonna need your team there to back you up. And looking at the sixers lineup im pretty sure a majority of them can drop double digits every game

So the sixers have a chance of winning 60 games?

So the sixers have a chance of winning 60 games?
in my post where did i say they are going to win 60 games, infact where did that number even come from ? your thinkin to far ahead fam relax alittle and read over what i said. And what buc em posted he CLEARLY SAID (And I'm not saying they're going to win 62 games either), What im saying is in reply to your post. You dont need a d. rose type player when the whole team can contribute as a whole im not sayin there gonna win 60 games but i can see it being around 40+

And y'all call Knick fans irrational...

You really are underrating Iggy if you think he is so easily replaceable.

Last edited:

I Liked iggy i was pretty mad once we got rid of him dont get me wrong but also adding nick young, dorrel wright, jrich, bynum (when he plays). i think can only help us improve. Iggy is a great player but he is not consistent at all, sure hell have that one huge dunk or play to get the crowd into it and we all kno how tight his D was. But we needed a change for the better

RIGHT and if you think wright,young and Jrich can replace what he can do its even more crazy

Buc em ant you the same guy on here saying the pacers are frauds because they dont have a true number 1 to win come playoff time? so why would philly be any different?

I never said anything about the Pacers, I don't know where you're getting that from. I praised them before last season when people were booking them as a team that was barely going to be a .500 team and would make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.

It is damn RIDICULOUS how badly Iguodala is overrated. I watched the guy try and be "the man" for years as a Sixers fan. You have no idea how infuriating that was to watch a guy that couldn't shoot, couldn't finish at the basket no matter how athletic he was and would take contested fadeaway three pointers and long 2 pointers like he was Kobe a lot of nights. It was not a fun thing to watch. You guys just see the dude's dunking highlights and how highly regarded as a defender he is and don't realize how easily replaceable that is. Turner may not be as athletic or as good of a defender but he's no slouch himself on the defensive end, he's a better finisher at the rim already in his career and he can play point forward just as well if not better than Iggy. Dorrell Wright is also a pretty good defender and an awesome 3 point shooter, along with Nick Young and J-Rich. Thad Young should be able to get more opportunities to shine with Iggy gone too. He'll play an Odom type role for this team.

I'm sayin though....people are on some "he's never been in a situation where he's had to be THE MAN" ****. Okay....well last year the Sixers were a game away from the Conference Finals with a guy that couldn't do **** but dunk on fast breaks and play defense as their "lead man". Turner and Dorrell Wright will be able to replace everything that Iguodala gave us, then we added the second best center in the league. We were also the top defensive team in the league for most of last season with Spencer Hawes at center. Jason Richardson looks to be in the best shape I've seen him in years and Nick Young has been playing great. Thad Young and Spencer Hawes look the best that I've seen them and Lavoy Allen looks to be improved from last year and stronger. This should be the year that Jrue really breaks out and puts himself in that upper echolon of point guards, and he's always hit clutch shots for us so maybe he's our "finisher"? All in all though, I do know that we are missing that one last piece before we're a true contender. But we're a lot closer than most you guys are giving the Sixers credit for.
Couldn't have said it better myself, dudes aint even watching us play to make these opinions. This is the 1st time I'd say in the past 8 seasons we've had legit shooters on the wings with a legit post player. Your crazy if you think this team is gonna be average. Even Without bynum this team is better than last season.

I never said anything about the Pacers, I don't know where you're getting that from. I praised them before last season when people were booking them as a team that was barely going to be a .500 team and would make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.
It is damn RIDICULOUS how badly Iguodala is overrated. I watched the guy try and be "the man" for years as a Sixers fan. You have no idea how infuriating that was to watch a guy that couldn't shoot, couldn't finish at the basket no matter how athletic he was and would take contested fadeaway three pointers and long 2 pointers like he was Kobe a lot of nights. It was not a fun thing to watch. You guys just see the dude's dunking highlights and how highly regarded as a defender he is and don't realize how easily replaceable that is. Turner may not be as athletic or as good of a defender but he's no slouch himself on the defensive end, he's a better finisher at the rim already in his career and he can play point forward just as well if not better than Iggy. Dorrell Wright is also a pretty good defender and an awesome 3 point shooter, along with Nick Young and J-Rich. Thad Young should be able to get more opportunities to shine with Iggy gone too. He'll play an Odom type role for this team.
Dudes wanna hype up dre dala all of a sudden, it's hillarious. Yea, I'll miss his defense a bit but I for one will not miss all the nights of him and lou tryna be captain fadeaway in late game situations losing us games. ET does everything dre does besides dunking crazy. This dude iguodala couldnt even finish layups at the rim lol. I just can't wait till the season starts and everyone sees it themselves.

The Sixers' season rests on the developments of Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner. And I just don't see Holiday and Turner making the necessary leaps in their games to elevate Philly from being in the bottom half of the playoff bracket in the East.

Everybody else on the roster besides Holiday, Turner and Andrew Bynum is irrelevant.

Last edited:
I'll say one more thing about the Sixers that a lot of you "internet basketball experts" probably don't know or realize. Last season they were leading the Atlantic over the Celtics and Knicks for a majority of the season until they went on a bad streak of games toward the end of the season and the Celtics got hot. They were going back and forth between the 3 and 4 seed for a good portion of the season. Our weaknesses were an inside threat in the post and outside shooters. We went out and got the second best center in the league and J-Rich, Wright and Nick Young as outside shooters. Sounds like we improved our weaknesses by leaps and bounds on a team that was already pretty good last season.....but nahhh you guys are right 6th seed at best.

I Liked iggy i was pretty mad once we got rid of him dont get me wrong but also adding nick young, dorrel wright, jrich, bynum (when he plays). i think can only help us improve. Iggy is a great player but he is not consistent at all, sure hell have that one huge dunk or play to get the crowd into it and we all kno how tight his D was. But we needed a change for the better

Not saying the Sixers will or won't be good, but Nick Young, Dorrell, and J Rich don't bring the overall type of game that Iggy did.

Not to mention just on the offensive end, they + Bynum play a completely different way than Iggy. So it's not as simple as plugging them into the spots where Iggy and Elton played. The whole offense and dynamic will change and it's not easy to predict how it'll look.

You lost Iggy too though, that has to matter in some terms. Iggy to Nick Young and Dorrell Wright is a huge drop off defensively no?

But they were playing well mostly due to their defense, led by Andre Iguodala and Elton Brand. Bynum will anchor the interior defense, but teams will take advantage of his indifference towards stepping out to defend guards in pick and roll situations. Jason Richardson and Nick Young are also bad defenders, while Dorell Wright is merely decent. And the Sixers also didn't re-sign the team's most efficient perimeter scorer in Lou Williams.

And of course, Doug Collins is entering year three. From his previous stops, this is when he wears on his teams, as there were hints of it towards the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom