Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda hopping into this conversation and im confused with whats being said so im just gonna ask this.

Have people started to finally put the hate aside and realize LeBron is the most talented player to ever play the game regardless of rings?

His career totals are just.... :smh: No words. Forget 20k didnt Nash just get 10k assists? And LeBrons already got 5k?? :x

He doesn't have a single flaw in his game. While there isn't one thing he's NOT already exceptional at. The athleticism...Height, weight, strength, speed, agility, acceleration, vertical. The fundamentals... Shooting, finishing, post game, passing, dribbling, ball security, rebounding, blocking, on ball defense, off ball defense. The Kobe/Lebron argument is dead...has been. Its now a Jordan/Lebron argument. And the way I look at it there isnt anything Jordan can do that Lebron cant. But there are things Lebron can do that Jordan cant. Some of simply has to do with the Lebrons size and athleticism. I realized this when I saw Lebron sky for a board, run down the court at full speed, spin off a defender at halfcourt without losing his dribble, and do a no look behind the back pass. That aint, Jordan. And this being done by a guy who is 6'8 260.

Honestly Lebron probably should have been the MVP every year until now starting in 06 when he took the Cavs to the finals. And he will probably deserve the MVP every year from here on out until who knows. Its really about who else should we give it to here and there just to be fair.

Truly grateful ive been able him since he was 17 years old.:smokin

Last edited:
Kobe's at 30,641 (As of today, so by the end of the season around 31.5)

Kareem 38, 300

He would need to hover around 28-29 ppg. for the next three seasons, but ****** round with dan'toni that may just happen :lol: :frown:

Why do people think the 'old rules' would make things difficult? Hand-checking LeBron? Ok. Try that out and let me know how it works when he's at the rim 2 seconds later. He plays through contact better than ANYONE and this would be a hindrance to him before anyone else? :lol:

hand checking, fine

But a big man waiting for him with no illegal defense. That is having a huge, giant, effect on his game

you think he'd be allowed to get to the hole as easily? no repercussions? that's the biggest part of his game

they even called a flagrant when Tyson set a pick on him last year. you can't breathe on this guy

he would easily succeed and be a star. But he wouldn't be as dominant imo

and this is totally random but ****** Vince Carter has career totals of 26, 7 & 6 a game and he was on horrid teams all his life. Maybe he should start getting put up as one of the greats too

and Al3xis while i admit that he def over achieved with most of those teams, im leaning towards the fact that in most of thoses closing games his team were within range of winning and he couldnt get em there. If he's the best player in the L when your placed in a position to win a game and you constantly don't get it done then i don't know what to say.

Last edited:
jay02 do you know how many times MJ had a performance like lebron's game 6 :smh:

there are some things MJ can't do than lebron does. who gives a ****

and MJ was the better defender by a mile :smh:

and MJ destroyed my dreams and i have to defend him

Last edited:
Lebron does have a flaw in his game

As of late he has difficulty making big shots in crunch time.

His performance against Detroit will go down as one of the greatest ever though

and this is totally random but ****** Vince Carter has career totals of 26, 7 & 6 a game and he was on horrid teams all his life. Maybe he should start getting put up as one of the greats too

and Al3xis while i admit that he def over achieved with most of those teams, im leaning towards the fact that in most of thoses closing games his team were within range of winning and he couldnt get em there. If he's the best player in the L when your placed in a position to win a game and you constantly don't get it done then i don't know what to say.
I can't believe those are Vince Carter's career stats....  I feel like he hasn't had a meaningful impact on a game in about 9 years.

hand checking, fine

But a big man waiting for him with no illegal defense. That is having a huge, giant, effect on his game

you think he'd be allowed to get to the hole as easily? no repercussions? that's the biggest part of his game

they even called a flagrant when Tyson set a pick on him last year. you can't breathe on this guy

Also we all know Lebron has been getting ridiculous foul calls in his favor and take as many steps as he wants his entire career.  I originally stopped liking him after that playoff game vs. the wizards when he took 4 steps, stopped, took another three, and put in a game winning layup and everyone acted like it didn't happen.

just another example of why stats don't tell the whole story. in regard to wince carter

Last edited:
hand checking, fine

LeBron would be about twice as athletic as those guys in the 80's, those guys wouldn't be able to hold a torch of them.

You kill me with your constant nostalgia. You're one of those Knick fans who rubs one out while watching regular season games from '94

hand checking, fine

He is better suited to deal with that than his peers. If the strongest perimeter player in the game is taking a hit because of the rough and tumble 90's, than what's happening to everyone else?

& Defenses are more sophisticated now, so it's a two way street.

I don't know why people don't wanna admit that LeBron is the GOAT

MJ dominated in the NBA's reconstruction era, the only competition he had at his position was Reggie overrated Miller

Jordan was good tho, but he doesn't deserve to be spoken in the same conversation as LeBron and Kobe

Last edited:
I can't believe dudes in here are still doubting LeBron's abilities in the clutch. HAVE YOU NOT WATCHED THE PAST 2 YEARS? Dude has become cold-blooded down the stretch and this is coming from a huge Kobe fan. C'mon guys, open up your eyes and recognize greatness. It doesn't make Kobe, MJ, or whoever your favorite player is any less of a talent. LeBron is in the same echelon with those guys.

However, proclaiming him as the GOAT already is foolish. Dude still has a lot of work to do to reach that status. BUt obviously he is right on track to be a top 5-10 player of all time. In fact that is a given.

Last edited:
I don't know why people don't wanna admit that LeBron is the GOAT

MJ dominated in the NBA's reconstruction era, the only competition he had at his position was Reggie overrated Miller

Jordan was good tho, but he doesn't deserve to be spoken in the same conversation as LeBron and Kobe
This is an example of blatant trolling. No one should response to this seriously. Besides going against the grain for attention on a routine basis, this is an obvious attempt to get people upset.

Also we all know Lebron has been getting ridiculous foul calls in his favor and take as many steps as he wants his entire career.  I originally stopped liking him after that playoff game vs. the wizards when he took 4 steps, stopped, took another three, and put in a game winning layup and everyone acted like it didn't happen.
Oh no way...you mean just like every other superstar to play in the league has been getting superstar treatment?

I can't believe those are Vince Carter's career stats....  I feel like he hasn't had a meaningful impact on a game in about 9 years.
Because they're not his stats.....

From nba.com his career averages are 21.1ppg 5.0rpg 3.8apg

Last edited:

You can't believe it because those are not his career averages. He's 21, 5 boards and about 4 assists for his career. He had one year where he averaged 27, 6 and 5. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/cartevi01.html

That was back in 2004-2005 and he hasn't approached those numbers in years.

You kill me with your constant nostalgia. You're one of those Knick fans who rubs one out while watching regular season games from '94
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom