Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legit question

Lebron > Magic?

Will he be?

Personally I could NEVER say that. Magic is greatest pg to ever play the game and its not even close imo. I struggle to say anyone was better than Magic besides Mike. He was just toooooooo talented and controlled the game so effortlessly.

Lebron is the closest thing I've seen to him though.

Legit question

Lebron > Magic?

Will he be?

It's in play.

Magic was shorted the end of his career. He was done at 31 sadly. Bron could play to 35-36, its possible he surpasses Magic, he has the time.

YOU SHUT YOUR FACE. Don't you take out your frustrations from Earvin voicing his opinions about LAL struggles on his historical accomplishments/relevance.

I For One Will Not Stand For It!

Huh? :lol:

Magic is my favorite player of all time bruh. I wasn't disrespecting him in any way man. :lol:

Now, as an announcer, he needs to be gone, dude sucks.

Bruh no one in this thread was even talking about greatest ever stuff until you brought it up.

However, surely any knowledgeable basketball fan can see the effect that Lebron has on any given basketball game. He's getting better as his career goes along. He's in his 10th year and everything is just getting better with him. If he keeps going at this rate, why can't he be the greatest ever?

But this thread isn't about that, all I said was that he was very good last night and you attacked me :lol:

Someone get this clown out of here

mean.gif

I'm bored at work and I have a couple of hours to pass so **** it ...

Ty said Kobe and then mentioned dominating for 15 years... Which is confusing to me because Bean didn't start dominating until after Bolder. Was he doing work? Sure! Was he THE MAN on that those teams prior to that? NO. That title belonged to Shaquille O'neil or did y'all forget about the fact that he had top 4 center who was getting 30 & 12 for his first NINE YEARS IN THE LEAGUE?!?!?

You said 15, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you took that number because he's been voted an all star that many times right? :lol:

As far as Bron garnering all this praise off one chip nonsense, he may not have won but once however the league has been HIS for 6 years including this one. No single player has been as dominant as he has during this stretch. It takes a crew to win a chip. Not his fault he played with bums to extra regular mogs his entire career. That's out of his control its on his FO.

As far as his production not surpassing his peers, minus scoring what has Kobe done better than him? Minus that year he scored 35 Bron hasn't been too far from Bean in that category.

Besides, I don't know too many people who would prefer to have 30, 5, & 5 over 28, 8, & 8. So again if we're using Bean as the measuring stick your arguement is very flawed..

As far as the other guy... When did people say Bron was better than Mike?

I missed that.

No i took dominate for 15 years because he's been the best at his position since Mike retired. but the bigger picture is while he had shaq during those championship years he also put up during those playoff championship years.

2000 - 21, 4, 4
2001 - 29, 6, 7
2002 - 26,5,5

all while guarding the other teams best perimeter players & Being the CLOSER on those squads. 4th quarter if shaq touched the ball anywhere under 6 minutes he was getting fouled and missing. Outside of kobe there was nobody on that team who could get to the rack, draw a double team on the perimeter, or do anything besides spot up and shoot. so yea i would call that dominate.

Also if we are going to play the If game... what do you think kobe's stats look like if he Was'nt playing small minutes his first two years or if he was the only Scoring Option on his squad... We're looking as of right now the leading all time scorer

and as far as him being the best player from 08 on :smh: . I dont see how that's possible My G has he been the most talented yes, The most versatile yes, The best Hell ****** NO.

I can't call someone the best if it took all the way up until last year for him to shed the image of not being able to close. For 9 years we watched him play incredibly up until the point where his team needs him to be the most dominate and he predominately failed and failed miserably at it.

Even after he got that superstar talent he needed out in MIA he killed chicago looked like he was finally ready to live up to that best player title and went in and COST his team a championship Point Blank Period.

If your the best player in the world you don't go up against a team you overmatch in every category and flat out lose in that way. If Bron shows up like the "best player in the L" they sweep that series instead he and his squad got sent packing by a ONE superstar squad.

His stats all those years were phenomenal but i cant call you the best player in the league if at the times your team needs you to be that you don't produce. He finally did that last year and i crowned him the best last year.

Last edited:
Even more incentive for him to not then go into the playoffs and Let ****** like Paul Pierce & Rashard Lewis give him work... Stats work when comparing a great to a good player. but when you start comparing Legends to Legends more has to be at stake then stats.

But like i said its all perception.... Just like the fact that after 17 years, 5 championships later, About to be top 20 in assist all time Making several Other players look better then they are, people still say kobe bryant doesn't make his teammates better.

Huh? :lol:

Magic is my favorite player of all time bruh. I wasn't disrespecting him in any way man. :lol:

Now, as an announcer, he needs to be gone, dude sucks.

Ok... Now that we're on the same page... We're All Good.

I don't even let my Wife disrespect Earvin... We can't have the HIV conversation... Always ends up in me walking out on her mid sentence. No Magic Slander Allowed Around Me Broski.

He also has the most missed shots ever

Your a known troll so i'm not even going to continue with any of your points.

but to let the rest of the board know my feelings... i Have people telling me that lebron is easily going to become the best player of all time........ But kobe who's been in the finals literally almost half of his career (8/17 & as a STAR player) years isnt even up for consideration. :smh:

I'm really trying to wrap my head around how this is even plausible ?

Random question nters. How tall is Kevin Durant really?

I know hes listed at 6'9 but he is definitely closer to 7'.

Well, when he was 19, he measured in at 6'9 WITHOUT shoes. Sneakers add at least 1.25 inches, so he's probably really close to 6'11 now.

but to let the rest of the board know my feelings... i Have people telling me that lebron is easily going to become the best player of all time........ But kobe who's been in the finals literally almost half of his career (8/17 & as a STAR player) years isnt even up for consideration. :smh:

stat geeks love lebron dude. he's a great player who stuffs the stat sheet, playing with rules that benefit him, special treatment, and excuse machines to defend him. still the best player in the NBA of course. And some of the best court vision i've ever seen

people hate kobe because he has a big rep for being selfish with the ball, which is mostly true post shaq.

is it possible for kobe to pass kareem in points?

Last edited:

Simple.

He's a volume guy who doesn't make his teammates better and has had the privilege of playing with 3 different big men during his career in his prime. Whereas Lebron, despite not having the same fortune teammates wise as kobe until recently, is just a flat out more efficient scorer, passes better,defends better, rebounds better, makes his temamates better, I could go on.

But anyway....

Anticipating that Dallas and OKC game tonight.

Y'all are funny. I hate hate hate lebron and Miami X 1000000000, but that doesn't make me blind to the fact that he's #1 right now. Either look at the numbers or just watch the games, the proof is there.

For 9 years we watched him play incredibly up until the point where his team needs him to be the most dominate and he predominately failed and failed miserably at it.

Outside of the obvious has it really been that bad?

In 2006 when he took Detroit to 7 games? 32, 5 and 5 in a must win Game 5 on the road? couple plays away from closing the series out in game 6? Age 21 with that team?

In 2007 when he put his team on his back to the Finals? We all know what he did to get them there.

2008? When he went toe to toe with Boston over 7 games and was 1 or 2 plays away (maybe a PJ Brown jumper?) away from advancing? 45 on the road in G7? Got progressively better each game against the best team and defense in the league?

2009? When Mike Brown couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag? Despite LeBron going 49, 35, 41, 44, 37, 25 with 8 and 8 per against Orlando? After a clean sweep of the first 2 rounds?

2010. This one is very Fair. But it is easily forgotten that he dominated the early start to that series vs Boston and then whatever happened, happened. If he played up to his level maybe Cle takes it but he got little to no help until Mo Williams in Game 6.

2011. Most valid of all. He was great all post-season through Game 1 of the Finals. Then, the bottom fell out. Absolutely on him, no way around it. First team he was on capable of winning a title and he failed.

2012. Like very few post-seasons we have ever seen. Brilliant from start to finish.

He's been on two teams with the personnel and coaching staff capable of winning a championship. He is 1 for 2 and should take full responsibility for the one he missed on. But his post-season resume has the good far outweighing the bad.

stat geeks love lebron dude. he's a great player who stuffs the stat sheet, playing with rules that benefit him, special treatment, and excuse machines to defend him.

Maybe stat geeks do, but people who value great basketball in a team sense also love LeBron. The numbers he posts are not stat stuffing, they're a product of playing the game correctly 9 times out of 10 and a reflection of his versatility.

Why do people think the 'old rules' would make things difficult? Hand-checking LeBron? Ok. Try that out and let me know how it works when he's at the rim 2 seconds later. He plays through contact better than ANYONE and this would be a hindrance to him before anyone else? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom