Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I even gave you in the comment before that.. That Shaq was better offensively.. My point was in response to he can't lick the bottom of Shaq's shoes. Not saying he's dominant, I'm saying he's averaging 17.8 on 10.9 shots, almost half of Shaq who scored 29.

The slander you're giving to Dwight is nonsense. If Shaq's getting 10 shots a game, I'd love to see where his stats were. Maybe 18-19 ppg.

And yes the reason why Shaq got 21 shots was based on his ability to bully on offense.

But let's not act like Dwight wouldn't be in the same spot getting 21. Something shots a night.

And that's even assuming he shoots awful on the extra 10 shots.

Talk about all you want, but for someone who is "terrible on offense" he puts up good numbers on offense

C'mon Son, your a Lakers fan. I would hope you are actually watching games and not just looking at stats, plus you got to see both of these guys play for your team (unless your a little young). You think if he could get 20+ gimmies/putbacks rather than 10 he wouldnt be getting those right now. Hes not getting 21 shots per game because he cant shoot a good % getting 21 shots per game. Hes not gonna be able to get position like Shaq could. If he takes another 10 shots per game they wouldnt be from point blank range (otherwise we wouldnt be having this conversation because he would already be taking those shots) they would be jumpers and hook shots from 10-15, even 20 ft out.

In that case I could say give Tyson Chandler 30 shots a game since the guy shoots 75%+ from the field. But that would just be an asinine comment because like Dwight the shots he does make are point blank and put backs. If he has to force shots (to take 21) he starts getting further from the basket and shots stop falling at his % right now. And it hurts the team because he is forcing something he prolly makes 20% of the time. So with that said getting 10 more shots per game would more than likely only average out to about 4-5 more points per game. Taking him to around 21 not 29 like shaq. And you think his FTAs are gonna go up taking those shots? Not a chance. No1 would even get within 5 ft of a Dwight jumper because you live with that ALL DAY.

And we wont even get into the fact that Dwight is playing against Centers like David Lee/Marcin Gortat/Udonis Haslem and Festus Ezeli on most nights. While Shaq was playing against other HOFers. So in short. No, Dwight could not lick the bottom of Shaqs shoes. And its almost laughable to argue. I would take Rick Smits over Dwight. FOH with thinking Shaq and Dwight should even be in the same conversation outside of the fact that they have taken similar paths as far as the teams they played for goes.

With that said. Dwight is easily a top 3 center in the league in todays NBA. So yes, there is no point in saying he is "Garbage". But to be compared to a future HOFer and one of the best Centers to EVER do it is laughable.

Edit: figured I would make my ultimate point big incase someone doesnt want to read my long response.

Last edited:
Yea dudes got to remember that Dwight and his team of trash took Lebron & his team of trash and eliminated them out the playoffs. so to sit here and say he's trash is asinine & bottom line even at 80% he's better than any center in the L.

This is the same dumbass argument shaq keeps trying to make... Instead of comparing him to what's in the League today ya'll have him in comparison against HOF players but in the same breath call him wack ?...... But it makes sense he's a laker Now so he's no longer good

A lot of y'all forgot how great Dwight was for a long stretch. He may be playing like a bum right now but he was prolly the best player in the league in 2010-2011 (had a very strong case for MVP that year). Dude took his team to the finals, the slander is getting a little out of hand.

In the leastern confrence.

He needs to be surrounded by 3 point shooters. SVG needs a huge amount of credit.

He's good because when healthy he's a game changing defender and rebounder... and despite not having a strong offensive game, he'll still get you 20 points or so. He's never been a great free throw shooter, his boards have never been average (league leader multiple times), and he took a bunch of defensive bums and made them a very good defense in Orlando.

WHEN HEALTY are the key words. We are talking about now, not 2008.
Well then what are you even complaining about? If he's not healthy then of course he won't be as good as he normally is, so why is he expected to be?

I thought the word was that he was finally getting healthy after he had a good game a couple night ago. That resting his shoulder helped his back. I KNOW I read that in here somewhere

Also a little late....But the All-Star game will be amazing this year for the sheer comedy of trying to watch Melo/KG co-exist...Can't call a hard foul on your own teammate :pimp:

Wade saved his *** the entire game. Then ray Allen hits two clutch shots. Lebron likes to hit those front running big shots. .

Lebron James is just too good man wow

Wade saved his *** the entire game. Then ray Allen hits two clutch shots. Lebron likes to hit those front running big shots. Heat got a lot of Ticky tack calls too

Espn has been going hard on this lebron is the best ever garbage since he got that milestone. It's a joke. Worst finals performance for a superstar ever. On a stacked team. Conveniently forgotten. I know he got the nice stat lines though

Dwight Howard just isn't that good. And he won't change anytime soon. Yes quick he is lucky as **** to play in this era. This hyped up and manufactured star era.

You Must Be On WATER. :smh:

You Must Be On WATER. :smh:

He hit 2 shots outside of the paint yesterday! He can barely hit a jumper and I'm supposed to believe he's the greatest to ever play? FOH

He wouldn't be allowed to do that without the insane rules dedicated to manufacturing these super stars.

He will never ever be better than MJ. That ship sailed after the embarrassing performance against dirk and role players.

And yes. Wade hit just about every big shot yesterday. People try to dimish the greatness of wade to prob up lebron

Best player in the NBA. But he isn't the best ever

Just like Dwight is the best center in the NBA but he gets way too hyped too

Last edited:
Your bugging as far as him not Carrying that team to a win yesteday....... With that said I don't see how ****** have this man anywhere near any all time list after constantly failing the first half of his career... But like i say its all perception not reality

No, people try to diminish Wade because he's been playing like hot basura since last postseason give or take a few games.

Wait a minute... We're back at the LBJ isn't an all time great/top 3 at his position conversation again?

Is that what this is? You so called basketball fans should be ashamed of yourselves :lol: :smh:

He hit 2 shots outside of the paint yesterday! He can barely hit a jumper and I'm supposed to believe he's the greatest to ever play? FOH

Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh
LeBron is now shooting an even 55.0 percent on the season. Over half of his shots are from 10+ feet. Insane.

When will you guys the drop the 'can't shoot', 'wait till his athleticism goes' stuff?

Wait a minute... We're back at the LBJ isn't an all time great/top 3 at his position conversation again?

Is that what this is? You so called basketball fans should be ashamed of yourselves :lol: :smh:

No, hes not in the top 3 of all time any position. I have him in the top 10 as of this moment. The back end. Prob at 10. Sorry is that makes me the devil or something

Espn has been pushing the "better than MJ" **** since he got one ring in a lockout shortened season

Not better than MJ. Never will be.

And damn sure not better than Kareem who is direspected to amazing lengths

Bird and Duncan still better at the position as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
He's a great player he's going to go down as one of the best.... My problem comes in when he finally wins one chip and suddenly dudes are debating whether he's better than Kobe, Mike, Bird etc. etc.

ESPN has forced this **** down our throats from the day he got in the L rather than letting him earn it...... dudes completely disregarded all of the losing he did and the FINALS where he was non existent in despite having a Vastly superior team against a Vastly Inferior squad.

Last year he changed his legend but now dudes are pushing it wayyyyyyy to far let the man campaign finish his campaign before you start putting him in top 5

its just him. no one else is speaking this non sense

If it was just one off brand fan then I would've looked passed it but then Ty said this:

Your bugging as far as him not Carrying that team to a win yesteday....... With that said I don't see how ****** have this man anywhere near any all time list after constantly failing the first half of his career... But like i say its all perception not reality

:lol: :smh:

Forward.

If he's the best ever and so great why did he have the worst finals performance for a super star ever?

Last edited:
What's up Yall.. Haven't been here in a while..
Why are you saying Duncan? I never knew Duncan was a SF?

lebron is 6 pounds lighter than Duncan. He isn't small anything

Maybe he's A point forward. Point guard. Whatever. I think bird and Duncan are still better at this moment in time. I don't care about his regular season stat stuffing

What he did to Boston in game 6 is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

So let's see the next 10 years. No need to stuff him down our throats right now

Last edited:
:lol:

I don't even know why you enterrtain these trolls. He had a bad finals we get it. But name me a player who carried a scrubbier squad to 66 wins. I'll wait.

LeBron's shot chart for the night. :wow: :lol:

It will be interesting to see what he is gonna do when his athleticism starts to wane. That is a microcosm of how he abuses teams throughout the year and he can do it because he has a lot of shooters to spread the floor.

Agree that he'd be more of a pf when that time eventually comes. He'll get by. His skills/court vision would definitely age well (considering he'll stay healthy though).

He's a great player he's going to go down as one of the best.... My problem comes in when he finally wins one chip and suddenly dudes are debating whether he's better than Kobe, Mike, Bird etc. etc.

ESPN has forced this **** down our throats from the day he got in the L rather than letting him earn it...... dudes completely disregarded all of the losing he did and the FINALS where he was non existent in despite having a Vastly superior team against a Vastly Inferior squad.

Last year he changed his legend but now dudes are pushing it wayyyyyyy to far let the man campaign finish his campaign before you start putting him in top 5

You realized that once Mike one his 1st people did the same thing to him right, that he became arguably one of the candidates for goat? Trust me I was in Chicago at the time I remember the headlines.

Let Him Earn It?!?!? From his first season he'd done things that hadn't been done since Jeffery Averaged 20pts 5, & 5 as a rookie... Before he did it it hadn't been done since Mike & Larry. So I'd say he came in earning his keep from day 1.

What you're saying about Bron Losing in the early half of his career you can say the same about every great not named Magic, Larry, & Russell and that's because they had crews from the jump as in MULTIPLE HOFer's from the onset. I watched Jeffery hoop before I knew what basketball was and not to deminish anything but it wasn't until his supporting cast matured into their roles, ie Scottie another HOFer & top 3 at his position of all time, that he was able to win ANYTHING.

Same thing with Kobe, he's played with a HOFer his entire career minus a year and a half. Only person who ever did it by themself was Hakeem.

Y'all have very selective memories and that's sad.

:lol:

I don't even know why you enterrtain these trolls. He had a bad finals we get it. But name me a player who carried a scrubbier squad to 66 wins. I'll wait.

He didn't have a bad finals.

He had an historically terrrrrible finals on a super stacked team

What do I care about them regular wins. I don't see Payton manning> Joe Montana on espn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom