Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait whats this story with jalen and magic challenging tnt crew? Did jalen challenge on their espn show or something? They must be jealous that no one watches their show.

Word. Bledsoe can get paid next season.
Rudy can create his own shot.
Wouldn't they wanna keep Bledsoe in their back pocket in case cp3 doesn't re-sign? And wouldn't they be able to do a sign and trade in the offseason and get something good for him of cp3 came back?
I don't know too much about contracts and salary cap crap so correct me if I'm wrong

I don't like the slander being thrown Shaq's way and yes I'm counting comparisons to Dwight as slander.

It's only Essential that's making the comparison, he's living in this fantasy Laker world that makes him believe that Dwight is just as dominant because historically the Lakers have had great big men. It's the same type of nonsense Laker fans were so hyped about after they traded Bynum for Dwight. It's an illusion - Laker fans were expecting Shaq (or a legendary big). Reality - They just got Dwight.

Kobe and Nash in that pic. They looked so shocked.
Dwight is soft and mentally weak. He needs a coach that will ride him and force the best out of him, while not putting up with his nonsense. That's the reason he hated SVG, but it's also why he played the best in his system
How about this guy ?

gregg-popovich-looking-sad.jpg
Nah we dont want that bum.
I don't like the slander being thrown Shaq's way and yes I'm counting comparisons to Dwight as slander.
laugh.gif

Anyone know of somewhere to watch the TNT pre/post game online?
They usually post em on NBA.com.

Check back in the morning if you don't want to scour YT.
I'm still looking, I went to bed and the way you guys are talking it was lulz

Here's my thing on D Howard, his numbers are not that of a "great" player (of course we are talking about this season. His numbers is anything are average between NBA centers, garbage by his past's standards, and garbage by all time great standards, Also, his numbers are not indicative of his play. How many missed shots in the paint, bad defensive plays, lazy plays, dumb fouls, mishandled passes, bad shots, missed free throws, I mean the list goes on.....

I'm not saying he's garbage, just nothing worth being called great. Is he hurt? Sure I guess, but so is BG, and other players. Nobody is 100%. Is that an excuse? Hell no. Injury is part of the game, and part of your worth in the NBA

By the way just a stat of comparison.

At age 27.

Shaq averaged 29.7ppg on 21.7 shots per game .574/.524

Dwight 17.8 ppg on 10.9 shots per game .586/.506

Shaq was more polished, and more dominate offensively. That is 100% true. But let's not act like if Dwight wasn't getting 20 shots a game he wouldn't drop at least 25 a game.

He can't lick the bottom of Shaq's shoes? OK...
Only problem is that Dwight can't get 20 shots a game. It's not that easy.

This. If Dwight took 20 shots a game his FG% would go down. You said it yourself, he has no post moves and is just not polished on the offensive end. If he was to take 20 shots a game he would start forcing stuff and getting into hook shots and jumpers and thats not his game and it would hurt the Lakers more than it would help. Sure if he was getting 20 shots on lobs and putbacks he could. But you dont get 20 of those a game. If he could he would already be doing that.

You cant just give the ball to dwight in the post with a guy to kick it out to for a reset if he cant get position and let him work like you could with Shaq. You either get it into him for a gimmie. Or let him stand around and hope for an offensive rebound and a putback here and there. The comparison with shaq is terrible and lazy. They are two completely different players and the only similarities in their game is the teams they have played for.

And Bynum is a better overall center than Dwight when healthy. But hes never healthy so it was still a good trade at the end of the day. But if Bynum can ever get his health together he will show he is leaps and bounds ahead of Dwight, and more comparable to Shaq than anyone has been recently. But those are big ifs.

Last edited:
Dwight is only popular because he's the only young big man worth a damn in this era. The sad thing is the hype gets to his head and makes him think he doesn't have to work on the finer aspects of his game. The guy just doesn't want to be great.

I know many people have said this in the past, but if he played in the '90s we wouldn't even hear about him. He wouldn't sniff the HOF. As it stands now, he'll probably get in by default.

I even gave you in the comment before that.. That Shaq was better offensively.. My point was in response to he can't lick the bottom of Shaq's shoes. Not saying he's dominant, I'm saying he's averaging 17.8 on 10.9 shots, almost half of Shaq who scored 29.

The slander you're giving to Dwight is nonsense. If Shaq's getting 10 shots a game, I'd love to see where his stats were. Maybe 18-19 ppg.

And yes the reason why Shaq got 21 shots was based on his ability to bully on offense.

But let's not act like Dwight wouldn't be in the same spot getting 21. Something shots a night.

And that's even assuming he shoots awful on the extra 10 shots.

Talk about all you want, but for someone who is "terrible on offense" he puts up good numbers on offense

Lebron James is just too good man wow

Wade saved his *** the entire game. Then ray Allen hits two clutch shots. Lebron likes to hit those front running big shots. Heat got a lot of Ticky tack calls too

Espn has been going hard on this lebron is the best ever garbage since he got that milestone. It's a joke. Worst finals performance for a superstar ever. On a stacked team. Conveniently forgotten. I know he got the nice stat lines though

Dwight Howard just isn't that good. And he won't change anytime soon. Yes quick he is lucky as **** to play in this era. This hyped up and manufactured star era.

Last edited:
If Dwight played in Shaq's era he would have been food like every other center during that time

Dwight had 31 and 19 the other day but now he's a bum :lol:. He's still not himself and it's obvious not many people in this thread watched him play last year. I haven't even seen him attempt his Duncan-esque bank shot this season. He was really coming into his own last year racking up 20-20 games and polishing his post game and now it's like he has to start from scratch after back surgery. He's no barischnakov with the footwork but he knows how to score when fully healthy. I truly am glad none of you have ever had major injuries but you don't understand what it's like trying to recover.

Dwight had 31 and 19 the other day but now he's a bum :lol:. He's still not himself and it's obvious not many people in this thread watched him play last year. I haven't even seen him attempt his Duncan-esque bank shot this season. He was really coming into his own last year racking up 20-20 games and polishing his post game and now it's like he has to start from scratch after back surgery. He's no barischnakov with the footwork but he knows how to score when fully healthy. I truly am glad none of you have ever had major injuries but you don't understand what it's like trying to recover.
You said Lakers would win yesterday though.

A lot of y'all forgot how great Dwight was for a long stretch. He may be playing like a bum right now but he was prolly the best player in the league in 2010-2011 (had a very strong case for MVP that year). Dude took his team to the finals, the slander is getting a little out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom