Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was just one off brand fan then I would've looked passed it but then Ty said this:
:lol: :smh:

Ok maybe all time list was an exaggeration if he goes at this pace he will be up there.... What i'm getting at is dudes having him locked in the top 5 off one good finals run after having several postseason failures of a large magnitude. This is the first time i've seen a superstar get this kind of push from the media without earning it first. Hell their is people who still question kobe being top 5 ever after Dominating for 15 years straight but have Lebron top 5 off of one chip.

This is the culmination of someone being called a legend from the first time they stepped on an NBA Court. His production has not yet surpassed many of those who Carried there teams for years and played exceptional winning ball.

What you're saying about Bron Losing in the early half of his career you can say the same about every great not named Magic, Larry, & Russell

this is my problem right here people are putting him in a Top 5 category w/o him earning his keep. Not to mention that many of those players although they lost didnt lose in the fashion that he's lost.

- That SA series i don't really count much because truth be told that team was horrid, but he got swept.

- When he Met Orlando in the ECF and lost to a team with one superstar who was equally bad as Lebrons team.

- He went into the finals with a reversed role, No longer the underdog, Had a far superior team, and put up the WORST showing i've ever seen from a "All time great" and got dominated by a player who did it himself. (Dirk's Second best player was Tyson chandler.... and every play in crunch time was clear out give the ball to dirk and watch him score)

So i just have a hard time overlooking all of that and acting as if it should simply be forgotten.... because When discussing other players both the good & Bad is brought up. (Unless your the God Mike)

Last edited:
No, hes not in the top 3 of all time any position. I have him in the top 10 as of this moment. The back end. Prob at 10. Sorry is that makes me the devil or something

Espn has been pushing the "better than MJ" **** since he got one ring in a lockout shortened season

Not better than MJ. Never will be.

And damn sure not better than Kareem who is direspected to amazing lengths

Bird and Duncan still better at the position as far as I'm concerned.

Who let this guy talk basketball? Did you just say lockout shortened season? Did you watch the playoffs. Did you see that 16 on lebrons mouthpiece? YOU STILL NEED 16 wins! Lets not go back to when Boston and lA were winning championships in a short *** season with a few teams.

You can't entertain these trolls that are sour about the loss. To say lebron can't shoot because of one nights shot chart is just being blind. Dude is shooting 40+% from 3 and half of shots are from outside at 52-53%,

What do I care about them regular wins. I don't see Payton manning> Joe Montana on espn

Soooooooooo... we're back to the rings argument. And using the NFL as an example.

Welp.

Ok maybe all time list was an exaggeration if he goes at this pace he will be up there.... What i'm getting at is dudes having him locked in the top 5 off one good finals run after having several postseason failures of a large magnitude. This is the first time i've seen a superstar get this kind of push from the media without earning it first. Hell their is people who still question kobe being top 5 ever after Dominating for 15 years straight but have Lebron top 5 off of one chip.

This is the culmination of someone being called a legend from the first time they stepped on an NBA Court. His production has not yet surpassed many of those who Carried there teams for years and played exceptional winning ball.
exactly. how is any of this a troll statement? 

he has been getting a push for the greatest, that I've never seen]

continue the circle jerk of greatness though

Bron>MJ

Last edited:
Your bugging as far as him not Carrying that team to a win yesteday....... With that said I don't see how ****** have this man anywhere near any all time list after constantly failing the first half of his career... But like i say its all perception not reality
You mean like Jordan?

Who let this guy talk basketball? Did you just say lockout shortened season? Did you watch the playoffs. Did you see that 16 on lebrons mouthpiece? YOU STILL NEED 16 wins! Lets not go back to when Boston and lA were winning championships in a short *** season with a few teams.
They also had hand checking and differant rules

I would looove to see what lebron the great could do in a sport with no 3 in the key. when he can't barrel into the lane. or barrel into the defender for free throws

You mean like Jordan?
that's the point. nobody was hyping MJ up as the greatest when he kept losing to the pistons and celtics

when lebron kept losing over and over people were still saying he's one of the greatest ever and will still end up the greatest ever. he doesn't have help. well then he lost with help. and then it was wade's fault. bosh's fault. and lebron was still the greatest. he wins ONE and it's over. done.greatest

that's the diff. How can you not see it?

They also had hand checking and differant rules

I would looove to see what lebron the great could do in a sport with no 3 in the key. when he can't barrel into the lane. or barrel into the defender for free throws
I would looove to see this thread without you in it

Bron>MJ
We're referring to these trollish statements
Lebron James is just too good man wow
Wade saved his *** the entire game. Then ray Allen hits two clutch shots. Lebron likes to hit those front running big shots. Heat got a lot of Ticky tack calls too

You Must Be On WATER. 
mean.gif
He hit 2 shots outside of the paint yesterday! He can barely hit a jumper and I'm supposed to believe he's the greatest to ever play? FOH

He wouldn't be allowed to do that without the insane rules dedicated to manufacturing these super stars.

He will never ever be better than MJ. That ship sailed after the embarrassing performance against dirk and role players.

Tim Duncan is a PF/C, I've NEVER seen someone make the argument that he and Lebron are in the same position. Not to mention, you say "Bird and Duncan are still better.." which would make Lebron the 3rd best?

Lebron James can hit a jumper, that argument stopped making sense when this is a fact
Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh
LeBron is now shooting an even 55.0 percent on the season. Over half of his shots are from 10+ feet. Insane.

When will you guys the drop the 'can't shoot', 'wait till his athleticism goes' stuff?
And please, show me all of these people proclaiming him the greatest ever. Because I'd guess a lot (if not most) Lebron fans would disagree with that strongly. He's the most physically dominant player since Shaq, he's won one championship, he's still getting better  to hell with whatever ESPN is saying, quit complaining about what the media is pushing.

Comparisons to Peyton and the NFL, saying Wade carried him all game despite a monster stat line, saying he can't hit a jumper, saying he and Tim Duncan play the same position. Any other gems you want to add?

Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

Last edited:

Bron>MJ

I'm bored at work and I have a couple of hours to pass so **** it ...

Ty said Kobe and then mentioned dominating for 15 years... Which is confusing to me because Bean didn't start dominating until after Bolder. Was he doing work? Sure! Was he THE MAN on that those teams prior to that? NO. That title belonged to Shaquille O'neil or did y'all forget about the fact that he had top 4 center who was getting 30 & 12 for his first NINE YEARS IN THE LEAGUE?!?!?

You said 15, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you took that number because he's been voted an all star that many times right? :lol:

As far as Bron garnering all this praise off one chip nonsense, he may not have won but once however the league has been HIS for 6 years including this one. No single player has been as dominant as he has during this stretch. It takes a crew to win a chip. Not his fault he played with bums to extra regular mogs his entire career. That's out of his control its on his FO.

As far as his production not surpassing his peers, minus scoring what has Kobe done better than him? Minus that year he scored 35 Bron hasn't been too far from Bean in that category.

Besides, I don't know too many people who would prefer to have 30, 5, & 5 over 28, 8, & 8. So again if we're using Bean as the measuring stick your arguement is very flawed..

As far as the other guy... When did people say Bron was better than Mike?

I missed that.

that's the point. nobody was hyping MJ up as the greatest when he kept losing to the pistons and celtics

when lebron kept losing over and over people were still saying he's one of the greatest ever and will still end up the greatest ever. he doesn't have help. well then he lost with help. and then it was wade's fault. bosh's fault. and lebron was still the greatest. he wins ONE and it's over. done.greatest

that's the diff. How can you not see it?

Legit question

Lebron > Magic?

Will he be?

Personally I could NEVER say that. Magic is greatest pg to ever play the game and its not even close imo. I struggle to say anyone was better than Magic besides Mike. He was just toooooooo talented and controlled the game so effortlessly.

Lebron is the closest thing I've seen to him though.

Legit question

Lebron > Magic?

Will he be?

It's in play.

Magic was shorted the end of his career. He was done at 31 sadly. Bron could play to 35-36, its possible he surpasses Magic, he has the time.

YOU SHUT YOUR FACE. Don't you take out your frustrations from Earvin voicing his opinions about LAL struggles on his historical accomplishments/relevance.

I For One Will Not Stand For It!

Last edited:
Wade saved his *** the entire game. Then ray Allen hits two clutch shots. Lebron likes to hit those front running big shots. Heat got a lot of Ticky tack calls too

Espn has been going hard on this lebron is the best ever garbage since he got that milestone. It's a joke. Worst finals performance for a superstar ever. On a stacked team. Conveniently forgotten. I know he got the nice stat lines though

Dwight Howard just isn't that good. And he won't change anytime soon. Yes quick he is lucky as **** to play in this era. This hyped up and manufactured star era.

:lol: are you trolling?

Man I don't even...just sit down. Go in a corner and reevaluate what you're saying. Lebron is easily the best basketball player in the last 10 years and will end up the greatest ever. (Talent and skill wise he already is) The fact that you said wade and allen was saving him all game tells me a lot about how you interpret basketball. (You can't :lol:)

He hit 2 shots outside of the paint yesterday! He can barely hit a jumper and I'm supposed to believe he's the greatest to ever play? FOH

He wouldn't be allowed to do that without the insane rules dedicated to manufacturing these super stars.

He will never ever be better than MJ. That ship sailed after the embarrassing performance against dirk and role players.

And yes. Wade hit just about every big shot yesterday. People try to dimish the greatness of wade to prob up lebron

Best player in the NBA. But he isn't the best ever

Just like Dwight is the best center in the NBA but he gets way too hyped too

See man...what is this :lol: the hell are you even talking about? No one diminishes wade man, that's what happens when you play someone that's...better than you :lol:

You're bringing up the 11' finals as if he isn't a championship, finals mvp, league mvp, and a gold medal removed from that.

Last edited:
I value peak performance, I've seen how good Lebron is, too me there is not definitive answer to who is the GOAT but to me their are players within the same teir of greatness.

Bill Russel
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Wilt Chamberlain
MJ
Magic
Oscar

and Lebron.

If someone out their thinks any of these guys are the GOAT then it's completely reasonable imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom