Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Barkley is crazy yo 
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Dwight slander is crazy in here. How are his boards average? His defense has always been pretty good, his presence alone forces teams to take outside shots. His post game and free throws need serious improving however.

i just jumped to the last page and read that.. when I saw avg rebounding I thought "eh, this can't be about dwight"

When he's healthy he's clearly top 5 but I don't see how someone can call him top 5 in his current state.

That's what I mean. Most casual laker fans have labeled Dwight the scapegoat. It's hilarious

He went 13 & 16.. He doesn't deserve it tonight. There's been nights he hasn't be in the game, but honestly 17.8-12.6 is still better than all other centers.

Sure he missed those 2 FTs. But that wasn't the end of the game. Nash blew a defensive assignment and Dwight contested Ray's shot the best you could short of blocking it.. Ray got it to go..

Then Nash makes a bad decision on offense.

Dwight's not 100%. You can tell just off how he is playing.. But even then, he's putting up around his career numbers.

His FTs will probably never be there. But he sure as hell a better option than Andrew Bynum ever would be.

Last edited:
It seemed like that was ALL he took, were shots right at the basket, layups and dunks.. :smh:

Straight abused their D.

He's defense is trash, he can't shoot free throws, he doesn't score, his boards are average...... And he's good why?

said this

years ago
And you say that like it's a point of pride. Years ago... you said Dwight Howard was trash on defense and an average rebounder. Really? The guy who anchored the Magic's defense by himself, who was leading the league in rebounds, who was racking up DPOYs. The same guy?

I don't even know if you're trolling anymore, I think you really might believe the absurd things you say on here.

Blocking shots makes you good at defense? ok..

Dwight isnt that great, he cant even lick the bottom of Shaq's shoes.

Dwight defensively >>>>>>>>> Shaq defensively

Shaq offensively >>>>>>>>> Dwight

And for all the crap Dwight gets for being limited offensively, he still puts up good numbers on offense.

Last edited:
Blocking shots makes you good at defense? ok..

Dwight isnt that great, he cant even lick the bottom of Shaq's shoes.
I didn't say anything about blocks or Shaq.

The Magic were an elite defensive team and Dwight Howard was responsible for that almost entirely. 

Yet again, I make the mistake of taking you seriously. Well done, troll, well done.

Last edited:
By the way just a stat of comparison.

At age 27.

Shaq averaged 29.7ppg on 21.7 shots per game .574/.524

Dwight 17.8 ppg on 10.9 shots per game .586/.506

Shaq was more polished, and more dominate offensively. That is 100% true. But let's not act like if Dwight wasn't getting 20 shots a game he wouldn't drop at least 25 a game.

He can't lick the bottom of Shaq's shoes? OK...

Last edited:
LeBron's shot chart for the night. :wow: :lol:

Even more telling is the Heat made 6 shots outside of the paint the entire night and still won, just pathetic defensive effort on the Lakers part. 68 points in the paint for MIA...won't win many if any games having that.

At age 27.

Shaq was more polished, and more dominate offensively. That is 100% true. But let's not act like if Dwight wasn't getting 20 shots a game he wouldn't drop at least 25 a game.

Oh wow.

He can't lick the bottom of Shaq's shoes. He never will.

Their is a reason Shaq got 20 plus shots a game and Dwight Howard never has. Dwight will never average 20 plus shots a game, he doesn't have the moves, footwork, or coordination to score on a consistent basis.

shaq basically whiped out all the centers (after hakeem schooled him)
Dwight is lucky there aren't true centers in the gm. He was getting worked by Yao every time they faced. If Yao, Bynum, and oden were healthy...

At age 27.

Only problem is that Dwight can't get 20 shots a game. It's not that easy.

Last edited:
LeBron's shot chart for the night. :wow: :lol:

It will be interesting to see what he is gonna do when his athleticism starts to wane. That is a microcosm of how he abuses teams throughout the year and he can do it because he has a lot of shooters to spread the floor.

LeBron will start playing more pf when gets older and even bigger. ****, ain't he the same size as Malone right now? If he can develop low post moves :x :nerd:

I don't like the slander being thrown Shaq's way and yes I'm counting comparisons to Dwight as slander.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom