Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is nobody on the Cavs squad is a true-scorer, so he doesn't rack up assist's as he should.

If you watched the actual games like I do, you'll notice that.

There are literally 7-8 missed feed opportunities for Irving to rack up assists, but his teammates just can't finish.

It's not his fault.

Where are the assists and play calling on those Irving highlights? Looks like an And one mix tape, dude is ball hogging. Cavs need to run more actual play sets, that's a key reason why they don't win much. You can't call Irving Iso over and over again and expect to beat good teams on a consistent basis. Irving's footwork is great and handles but he needs to turn into more of a playmaker if he's going to play PG long term. Coach Scott needs to step up and actually help Irving take that next step forward (playmaking, defense, running plays). He is basically the same player he was last year just playing more minutes and taking more shots.

I'm a fan of Kyrie and even I had to agree with this.

Speaking of Playmaking, how much improved is O.J. Mayo? From last year to this year? Hell from 2 weeks ago until now?

He's getting to the line, making plays for others, his T.O.'s are down drastically, he's touching the paint more, his shot selection never was bad, but it has gotten even better, and most importantly, they are winning because of it. Last night kind of showed how far he has came. He appears to not be the player who's only good when he's shooting the ball well. O.J. Mayo in years and weeks past, would not be able to contribute on the floor if he was shooting as poorly as he was shooting last night. Love to see players improve like that.

Last edited:
The problem is nobody on the Cavs squad is a true-scorer, so he doesn't rack up assist's as he should.

There are literally 7-8 missed feed opportunities for Irving to rack up assists, but his teammates just can't finish.

It's not his fault.
By that logic...John Wall would have averaged 15 assists if he played with better players.

It's not his fault.

I actually watch the games, I have league pass bro so go head with that. Irving just isn't a play maker, he Iso's more than any PG in the NBA. There are several possessions where his teammates don't touch the ball. Irving never has showed great playmaking ability not even in college. Dude is a scoring PG like Drose, nothing wrong with that. Just don't think one day he will wake up and average 10 apg per game. For his career he has like 3 games with double digit assists. Irving will be an all-star one day and is an amazing shooter but he still needs to expand his game on defense and playmaking. That will decide if he is just an all-star talent or a true superstar talent. Good thing is he is young and has a lot of time to grow. Coach Scott stunting his growth right now because Irving is the same player he was in his rookie season.

I'm a fan of Kyrie and even I had to agree with this.

Speaking of Playmaking, how much improved is O.J. Mayo? From last year to this year? Hell from 2 weeks ago until now?

He's getting to the line, making plays for others, his T.O.'s are down drastically, his shot selection never was bad, but it has gotten even better, and most importantly, they are winning because of it. Last night kind of showed how far he has came. He appears to not be the player who's only good when he's shooting the ball well. O.J. Mayo in years and weeks past, would not be able to contribute on the floor if he was shooting as poorly as he was shooting last night. Love to see players improve like that.

OJ is really expanded his floor game. Now he understands that he can affect the game even if he isn't scoring. He's always been a solid defender but he has become a smarter passer and knows how to score in the flow of the game. Hopefully Dallas locks him up this off season in a long term contract.

Your post is confusing, what player said those comments
I said the same thing
laugh.gif
seems like Kobe though.
Check PMatic's post on the previous page.

*in before tl;dr*

That Kobe interview was
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
. The slurping at the beginning of the article was too much though.

Bradley Beal is shooting 46%/61% in January.

Took him a while but he's FINALLY adjusting to NBA defenses. Kid can flat out play.

And Steph Curry is out indefintely.
"It was really a freak injury," said Mark Jackson. "We will shut him down. He'll get treatment, and we'll see where he goes." "I don't know if it will be a fast or slow kind of heal just because after two surgeries and all that process," Curry said. X-rays were negative on Curry's ankle.
I havent been this upset over an injury in a long time. This was his year man
mean.gif
frown.gif

OJ is really expanded his floor game. Now he understands that he can affect the game even if he isn't scoring. He's always been a solid defender but he has become a smarter passer and knows how to score in the flow of the game. Hopefully Dallas locks him up this off season in a long term contract.

I agree totally.

That Kobe interview PMatic posted was :pimp: :pimp:

I always wanted to see you play Tracy McGrady.

I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn’t even close. Ask him, he’ll tell you. When I was about 20, we were in Germany doing some promotional stuff for that other sneaker company and we played basketball everyday. We were in the gym all the time. We played three games of one-on-one to 11. I won all three games. One game I won 11-2. After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldn’t play anymore.

:rofl: :rofl:
&

What would happen if you tried to grow your hair out again?

It would be a struggle. It would be awfully thin up front. There would be a two-month period where people would look at me like what the f--- is going on. It would just be messed up.

Your post is confusing, what player said those comments

kobe

Irving hasn't had any legit scorer's on his team to even be considered a bad PG player at this point.

Ya'll obviously going off of stats at the end of the day, sit down.

Dude feeds the rock a like true PG, reminds me of a young Zeke. Bum *** players just can't finish. And yes by that logic, John Wall would average 15 a game.

It's not his fault.

Gotta get the easy baskets

Kobe Bryant talks MJ, LeBron & 'Django'

Who is your best friend in the NBA that’s not a former teammate?

[Long pause.] There’s nobody I’m really hanging out with and going out with every night. But I’d probably say Carmelo Anthony. We’re pretty close. A lot of the guys from Team USA I get along with really well. I really respect those guys.

Huh?

I’m a normal person, of course. Sure.

Ohhhh.

You versus LeBron? Who wins?

Me. No question. As far as one-on-one, I’m the best to ever do it.

Damn. That’s pretty confident.

LeBron is a terrific all-around, five-on-five basketball player who’s an all-time great. But I’d get him.

Who could get you?

Kevin Durant is the guy that would give me the most trouble. With his length and ability to use the dribble he’d be tough.

Alonzo gif

What about Kyrie Irving?

In the same breath, already?

When was the last time you pumped your own gas?

Yesterday. I do all of life’s daily tasks. The other day my wife and I stopped at 7-11 and I pulled up to the pump and I started to pump some gas. She went inside to buy something and was waiting in line. The guy in front of her sees me outside but doesn’t see her. He says, “Man, there’s Kobe Bryant pumping his own gas.” My wife says to the guy, “He wipes his own a--, too.”

^^^The real response to Drake.

What do you do when you can’t sleep?

Sometimes I take an Ambien. But if my mind is racing I may get up and do something. The other night I was in my hotel room and couldn’t sleep so I got up and went across the street to see "Django [Unchained]."

What did you think?

It was genius. Absolutely incredible. Everything by Quentin Tarantino usually is, but this took it to another level. It’s the way he tells a story and the kind of characters he creates. It was crazy violent but the story is so strong and that’s what you remember.

Did he just become my favorite player?

Last edited:

The way Kyrie attacks the rim and can glide through the air is so beautiful. I've never seen anyone like it. Lebron can hang in the air and pull off ridiculous moves, but in a much different fashion.

He will definitely be an all-star, and one that always gets voted in by the fans too, once the morons around the world stop voting for Dwyane Wade based off of reputation.

Last edited:
Kid ain't Ray but he can hoop. Ray was a little more athletic in his day.
I think you're underrating his athleticism, Beal posted a 39-inch vert at the combine. He has that smooth/lazy playing style but he can def run the floor and jump with anybody.

Am I the only one who doesn't see Kyrie as an elite playmaker? Don't get me wrong, he can score. But it's not like he's out there dropping dimes. I don't know if his playing style will produce wins in the long run. When you're on a bad team, playing hero ball isn't necessarily the way to go.

Lebron averaged more assists than Kyrie in his first two seasons.

Last edited:
Kobe Bryant talks MJ, LeBron & 'Django'

Who is your best friend in the NBA that’s not a former teammate?

[Long pause.] There’s nobody I’m really hanging out with and going out with every night. But I’d probably say Carmelo Anthony. We’re pretty close. A lot of the guys from Team USA I get along with really well. I really respect those guys.
Huh?
I’m a normal person, of course. Sure.
Ohhhh.
You versus LeBron? Who wins?

Me. No question. As far as one-on-one, I’m the best to ever do it.

Damn. That’s pretty confident.

LeBron is a terrific all-around, five-on-five basketball player who’s an all-time great. But I’d get him.

Who could get you?

Kevin Durant is the guy that would give me the most trouble. With his length and ability to use the dribble he’d be tough.
What about Kyrie Irving?
In the same breath, already?
When was the last time you pumped your own gas?

Yesterday. I do all of life’s daily tasks. The other day my wife and I stopped at 7-11 and I pulled up to the pump and I started to pump some gas. She went inside to buy something and was waiting in line. The guy in front of her sees me outside but doesn’t see her. He says, “Man, there’s Kobe Bryant pumping his own gas.” My wife says to the guy, “He wipes his own a--, too.”
^^^The real response to Drake.
What do you do when you can’t sleep?

Sometimes I take an Ambien. But if my mind is racing I may get up and do something. The other night I was in my hotel room and couldn’t sleep so I got up and went across the street to see "Django [Unchained]."

What did you think?

It was genius. Absolutely incredible. Everything by Quentin Tarantino usually is, but this took it to another level. It’s the way he tells a story and the kind of characters he creates. It was crazy violent but the story is so strong and that’s what you remember.
Did he just become my favorite player?
Yup!!!

Jk he's always been a favorite of mine. 

The way Kyrie attacks the rim and can glide through the air is so beautiful. I've never seen anyone like it. Lebron can hang in the air and pull off ridiculous moves, but in a much different fashion.

He will definitely be an all-star, and one that always gets voted in by the fans too, once the morons around the world stop voting for Dwyane Wade based off of reputation.
Gonna be hard with Rondo and Rose in his conference

Irving hasn't had any legit scorer's on his team to even be considered a bad PG player at this point.

Ya'll obviously going off of stats at the end of the day, sit down.

Dude feeds the rock a like true PG, reminds me of a young Zeke. Bum *** players just can't finish. And yes by that logic, John Wall would average 15 a game.

I've seen him make passes at nice angles. His court vision is good, could be great. People can't realize it cause his teammates suck.

Same reason why people don't vote him for the all-star game (not that I find that particularly important). If people saw more of him they'd instantly love him more than Rajon Rondo or Dwyane Wade.

I think you're underrating his athleticism, Beal posted a 39-inch vert at the combine. He has that smooth/lazy playing style but he can def run the floor and jump with anybody.
Never said the kid wasn't athletic. I said he isn't as athletic as Ray outta UCONN was. And he isn't.

Great Kobe interview..... and I strongly dislike Kobe.

Didn't know him & KG were boys pre-NBA and that him & Melo are BFF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom