Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be a sad day when Kobe retires, a true legend. I've been a huge fan of him since he got drafted and I've been blessed getting to watch his whole career. That interview was real good :smokin

Last edited:
When kobe retires Ima just think of the T.I. song- my type.

"Ya'll going wish for a #@$3# like me when i aint here boi"

:lol:

But when kobe retires :frown:

Great Kobe interview..... and I strongly dislike Kobe.

Didn't know him & KG were boys pre-NBA and that him & Melo are BFF's.

True story,

A few years back I was at the SAC center hooping with some of UCLA's players in the summer. (These were the years when Farmar was there, and DC was his back up. Did well too. *Humble Brag*) A hour after hooping with them, a bunch of league guys come in to hoop. Of course this meant me being off the court. O.J., nick young, Brandon Jennings, Demar, Jrue, James Harden, Afflalo, Andre Miller, a bunch of guys that were in the league and guys who are in the L now, but were HS and College guys back then.

Two of the players that were there were Kobe and KG. Literally the whole time when they weren't playing they were chilling together, talking,(Profanity after every word :lol:) laughing, and what not. I went by them to kind of hear what they were saying. They were talking about the past season they played, the Lakers, family, how much the L has changed since they came in out of HS, whether or not The lakeshow would get back to winning, and more. I think this was 05, or 06, somewhere around there.

KG - "Y'all will get back there. Y'all will turn it around. You the illest ***** in the league, no choice but to. Man we go so far back man, I know how you get down."

KB - "******' right ticket, ****** right. I'm winning a few more before i'm through. **** you may get one before I get another one"

Last edited:
Great Kobe interview..... and I strongly dislike Kobe.

Didn't know him & KG were boys pre-NBA and that him & Melo are BFF's.
True story,

A few years back I was at the SAC center hooping with some of UCLA's players in the summer. (These were the years when Farmar was there, and DC was his back up. Did well too. *Humble Brag*) A hour after hooping with them, a bunch of league guys come in to hoop. Of course this meant me being off the court.

Two of the players that were there were Kobe and KG. Literally the whole time when they weren't playing they were chilling together, talking,(Profanity after every word
laugh.gif
) laughing, and what not. I went by them to kind of hear what they were saying. They were talking about the past season they played, the Lakers, family, how much the L has changed since they came in out of HS, whether or not The lakeshow would get back to winning, and more. I think this was 05, or 06, somewhere around there.

KG - "Y'all will get back there. Y'all will turn it around. You the illest ***** in the league, no choice but to. Man we go so far back man, I know how you get down."

KB - "******' right ticket, ****** right. I'm winning a few more before i'm through. **** you may get one before I get another one"
That's good **** ***** 
nthat.gif

Irving hasn't had any legit scorer's on his team to even be considered a bad PG player at this point.

Ya'll obviously going off of stats at the end of the day, sit down.

Dude feeds the rock a like true PG, reminds me of a young Zeke. Bum *** players just can't finish. And yes by that logic, John Wall would average 15 a game.

By your logic Wall would average 5 apg with 3.8 turnovers like Irving but Wall is at over 8 apg every season playing with bums most of his career. So you need to sit down because I've probably forgot more about basketball than you will ever know. Irving isn't a great playmaker, stop making excuses, Irving has only topped 10 assists in a game like 3 times in his career. He is nothing like a young Zeke, a young Zeke averaged over 14 apg in a season. That would be a career high game for young Irv. Irving is like Steve Francis with better shooting and less hops. I'm going to put their numbers side by side so you can see for yourself. Irving will be an all-star but he is far from a pure pg.

Steve Francis first two seasons

Rookie Year

18.0 ppg
6.6 apg
5.3 rpg
1.5 spg
0.4 bpg
44.5 fg %
34.5 3p%
78.6 ft %
4.0 tpg
18.4 per

2nd year

19.9 ppg
6.6 apg
6.9 rpg
1.8 spg
0.4 bpg
45.1 fg %
39.6 3p%
81.7 ft %
3.3 tpg
21.6 per

Irving
Rookie Season
30.5 mpg
18.5 ppg
5.4 apg
3.7 rpg
1.1 spg
0.4 bpg
46.9 fg %
39.9 3p %
87.2 ft %
3.1 tpg
21.49 PER

Irving
2nd season
23.0 ppg
5.6 apg
3.6 rpg
1.7 spg
0.4 bpg
45.9 fg %
41.0 3p %
82.8 ft %
3.7 tpg
21.52 PER

Last edited:
I think you're underrating his athleticism, Beal posted a 39-inch vert at the combine. He has that smooth/lazy playing style but he can def run the floor and jump with anybody.

Am I the only one who doesn't see Kyrie as an elite playmaker? Don't get me wrong, he can score. But it's not like he's out there dropping dimes. I don't know if his playing style will produce wins in the long run. When you're on a bad team, playing hero ball isn't necessarily the way to go.

Lebron averaged more assists than Kyrie in his first two seasons.

Beal can fly, he isn't a young Ray. He reminds me more of Mitch Richmond but yeah the kid can shoot.

No you're not the only one that doesn't see Kyrie as an elite playmaker. He clearly isn't that good at passing or playmaking. He plays ISO hero ball like Marbury use to do (but even Marbury was a better passer than Irving). Bron is a truly gifted playmaker that is also a great scorer. Irving is a great scorer but due to his lack of size he is expected to also be a great playmaker/passer.

Last edited:
So you need to sit down because I've probably forgot more about basketball than you will ever know.

You should get banned for this. Swear to God.

***** you talking as if I'm some new ***** around here. Don't ever in your life disrepsect me like that. I run laps around your imaginary basketball knolwedge.

Before google, ****** called me on my house-phone for basketball trivia.

I'm dead *** offended. Don't ever quote me again in your life.

Last edited:
Kyrie does have solid court vision. He was doing a great job of running a two-man, pick-and-roll heavy game with Verejao before he went down. He may not become a great playmaker but I can see flashes of it. He's closer to becoming one than some of the scoring-minded guards like Westbrook.

Also it's unfair to say he's like Steve Francis just because a set of numbers look similar. There is a lot more going on the court than that. If you watch a tape of Francis in his first two years and compare his game to Kyrie's so far, they won't look anything alike.

Last edited:
Ray 2.0 still? Eh, I mean..people fell pretty hard for the Wall-is-the-savior stuff. I'd ease into this one.
I actually have more confidence in Beal panning out than Wall, and I'm not the only Wiz fan who feels that way. I think it's far from homerish to say he at least has All-Star potential, a 19-year old goes #3 overall for a reason.

@shoeking that's a dope story :lol: :pimp:

***** you talking as if I'm some new ***** around here. Don't ever in your life disrepsect me like that. I run laps around your imaginary basketball knolwedge.

Oh really? I should get banned for breaking zero rules. I never came at you in that manner but you came at me like I was a new jack on NT. You started this with your "sit down" stuff. I provided facts about Irving's lack of assist and playmaking ability. Feel free to provide some facts yourself instead of getting emotional. That's what basketball forums are for, to debate basketball, not for everyone to agree with every issue. And no sir you would not run laps around anything but a track. So you can save that E-Thug stuff for someone who cares.

Last edited:
So you need to sit down because I've probably forgot more about basketball than you will ever know.

GIFSoup

I actually have more confidence in Beal panning out than Wall, and I'm not the only Wiz fan who feels that way. I think it's far from homerish to say he at least has All-Star potential, a 19-year old goes #3 overall for a reason.

@shoeking that's a dope story :lol: :pimp:

I actually think both players will pan out but let's be honest, John Wall's jumper is broken. Beal doesn't have a big hole in his game and all he has to do is to keep improving on an all ready solid skill set. Beal looks on track to be a top 5 SG in his prime. The Wizards just have to make sure Beal keeps improving his game and isn't content with his current skill set.

True story,

A few years back I was at the SAC center hooping with some of UCLA's players in the summer. (These were the years when Farmar was there, and DC was his back up. Did well too. *Humble Brag*) A hour after hooping with them, a bunch of league guys come in to hoop. Of course this meant me being off the court. O.J., nick young, Brandon Jennings, Demar, Jrue, James Harden, Afflalo, Andre Miller, a bunch of guys that were in the league and guys who are in the L now, but were HS and College guys back then.

Two of the players that were there were Kobe and KG. Literally the whole time when they weren't playing they were chilling together, talking,(Profanity after every word
laugh.gif
) laughing, and what not. I went by them to kind of hear what they were saying. They were talking about the past season they played, the Lakers, family, how much the L has changed since they came in out of HS, whether or not The lakeshow would get back to winning, and more. I think this was 05, or 06, somewhere around there.

the great storys of the SAC
laugh.gif

KG **** talking to Klove all game Klove Freshmen year and then pulling him to the side and given him tips after

bum *** OJ mayo going up there and thinking he was going to ball everyone up and looking like how he does now.. A BUM

wizard fans will hype up and defend anything on there team. i would think yall would learn by now

the great storys of the SAC:lol:

KG **** talking to Klove all game Klove Freshmen year and then pulling him to the side and given him tips after

bum *** OJ mayo going up there and thinking he was going to ball everyone up and looking like how he does now.. A BUM

wizard fans will hype up and defend anything on there team. i would think yall would learn by now

:lol: this is funny because OJ as many times as i've been up there has never looked like a "bum." He didn't dominate, but he didn't look like a bum when I saw him at least and the fact that you say he looks like a bum now...I don't even know how to respond to that :lol: Homie is having a career year and is getting better. Not sure if srs about that bum comment.

However, all the bigs that go up against KG up there get it man.

"Little *****, get that **** out of here"

"My gym, this my work, can't no one **** with me down here!" :rofl: :rofl:

But after the games are over, he's always dapping people up, talking, being chill, buying people lunch, real cool guy :pimp:

SAC center in the summer, LMU, Drew league, SC, stories for days :smokin

Last edited:
I think out of all the players right now, I'll be most sad when KG retires 
frown.gif

Oh really? I should get banned for breaking zero rules. I never came at you in that manner but you came at me like I was a new jack on NT. You started this with your "sit down" stuff. I provided facts about Irving's lack of assist and playmaking ability. Feel free to provide some facts yourself instead of getting emotional. That's what basketball forums are for, to debate basketball, not for everyone to agree with every issue. And no sir you would not run laps around anything but a track. So you can save that E-Thug stuff for someone who cares.

I was being sarcastic about getting banned, but ease up off the arguments for peace sake. No e-thug bro, I'm very open and willing to debate a lot things - we just don't agree with the topic on hand.

So let's agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom