Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the great storys of the SAC:lol:

KG **** talking to Klove all game Klove Freshmen year and then pulling him to the side and given him tips after

bum *** OJ mayo going up there and thinking he was going to ball everyone up and looking like how he does now.. A BUM

wizard fans will hype up and defend anything on there team. i would think yall would learn by now

:lol: this is funny because OJ as many times as i've been up there has never looked like a "bum." He didn't dominate, but he didn't look like a bum when I saw him at least and the fact that you say he looks like a bum now...I don't even know how to respond to that :lol: Homie is having a career year and is getting better. Not sure if srs about that bum comment.

However, all the bigs that go up against KG up there get it man.

"Little *****, get that **** out of here"

"My gym, this my work, can't no one **** with me down here!" :rofl: :rofl:

But after the games are over, he's always dapping people up, talking, being chill, buying people lunch, real cool guy :pimp:

SAC center in the summer, LMU, Drew league, SC, stories for days :smokin

That makes the ****-talking he gave to Melo even funnier :lol: :lol:

I think out of all the players right now, I'll be most sad when KG retires 
frown.gif
Why KG out of all the players in the NBA?
Of all the players that are still active now, I probably followed him the most

With all the PGs in the league now, I've come to appreciate their talents and what they do for their teams. I try to avoid wanting them all to be John Stockton or Magic Johnson.

I was being sarcastic about getting banned, but ease up off the arguments for peace sake. No e-thug bro, I'm very open and willing to debate a lot things - we just don't agree with the topic on hand.

So let's agree to disagree.

That's cool with me (dap)

Back to the topic at hand I think Irving will be an all-star very soon (maybe even this season). I just want to see his game grow (playmaking and defense). I feel Coach Scott isn't coaching him up like he can and is just focused on saving his job (Iso-hero ball). More of a diss on Scott than Irving himself.

Last edited:
Oh really? I should get banned for breaking zero rules. I never came at you in that manner but you came at me like I was a new jack on NT. You started this with your "sit down" stuff. I provided facts about Irving's lack of assist and playmaking ability. Feel free to provide some facts yourself instead of getting emotional. That's what basketball forums are for, to debate basketball, not for everyone to agree with every issue. And no sir you would not run laps around anything but a track. So you can save that E-Thug stuff for someone who cares.

Lmao. Dude got sonned and instead of coming back with facts he tries to act hard on a message board.

I remember dude used to throw **** fits when people used to come at lebron... Guess Kyrie is his boo now.

So you need to sit down because I've probably forgot more about basketball than you will ever know.
You should get banned for this. Swear to God.

***** you talking as if I'm some new ***** around here. Don't ever in your life disrepsect me like that. I run laps around your imaginary basketball knolwedge.

Before google, ****** called me on my house-phone for basketball trivia.

I'm dead *** offended. Don't ever quote me again in your life.
How did people not realize he wasnt being serious. It was for the lulz and lulz were had
roll.gif

Last edited:
Lmao. Dude got sonned and instead of coming back with facts he tries to act hard on a message board.

I remember dude used to throw **** fits when people used to come at lebron... Guess Kyrie is his boo now.

LMAOOOO what's so funny is you remember me, but I have no clue who you are. I got fans I guess.

Quit playing with me ya'll, I got some giveaways to give out to my fellow NT brothers/sisters for my 10,000th post. :wink:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
this is funny because OJ as many times as i've been up there has never looked like a "bum." He didn't dominate, but he didn't look like a bum when I saw him at least and the fact that you say he looks like a bum now...I don't even know how to respond to that
laugh.gif
Homie is having a career year and is getting better. Not sure if srs about that bum comment.

However, all the bigs that go up against KG up there get it man.

"Little *****, get that **** out of here"

"My gym, this my work, can't no one **** with me down here!"
roll.gif
roll.gif

But after the games are over, he's always dapping people up, talking, being chill, buying people lunch, real cool guy
pimp.gif

SAC center in the summer, LMU, Drew league, SC, stories for days
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
 he wasnt a bum i was just messing with you. he would **** on russy that summer anytime they went up VS each other. all things changed once the season started tho

i didnt even know SC had runs since all there players came to ball at USC durning the summer time. only time i know people went up there was the summer SAC was closed down and the galen center had first opened up.

Email0
National Basketball Players Association executive director Billy Hunter and union general counsel Gary Hall failed to get proper player representative approval for a five-year, $15 million contract extension for Hunter in 2010, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

hunterinside101311.jpg
Players Association executive director Billy Hunter guided the union through last year's lockout. (AP)The possible violation of the NBPA's constitution raises questions about the legitimacy of Hunter's contract and his future as executive director.

In a copy of the NBPA constitution and by-laws, obtained by Yahoo! Sports, Article V, Section I states that "the appointment of an Executive Director, and the terms of his employment contract, must be approved by two-thirds (2/3) of the combined total of all Board of Player Representatives and Executive Committee members."

Hunter signed the contract at an NBPA executive committee meeting on June 23, 2010, at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, but he and Hall, the late union general counsel, never brought the deal to a vote of the 30 team player representatives for approval, multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Three player representatives at the team representative meeting on June 24 told Yahoo! Sports that the issue of Hunter's contract was never brought for a vote – nor its existence ever broached.

Hunter and an NBPA spokesperson did not return phone or text messages Thursday morning.

[Also: LeBron James reaches 20,000 points, 5,000 assists]

Hunter's contract extension began on July 1, 2011, the first day the NBA's lockout of the players began. While the NBA's players began to lose salary and benefits in what would become a five-month lockout, the NBPA began paying Hunter on a contract that afforded him a $700,000 annual raise to $3 million a year.

As part of an ongoing probe, the law firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison has investigated the the business practices of the union under Hunter's leadership. The Paul-Weiss report is expected to be released Thursday and explore multiple potential conflicts, including Hunter family nepotism. It is unclear if the probe will include findings on the veracity of Hunter's contract.

At odds with Hunter's business practices, NBPA president Derek Fisher pushed the union's executive committee to undertake the internal probe.

The U.S. Justice Department also has been jointly investigating Hunter and the NBPA's business practices with the Department of Labor. That investigation is ongoing, sources with knowledge of the probe said.

In April, Yahoo! Sports reported on Hunter's attempt to invest several million dollars of union funds into a failing New Jersey bank with business ties to his son.

Ronald Shechtman, the managing partner and chairman for the Pryor Cashman firm's Labor and Employment Group in New York, told Yahoo! Sports that the remainder of Hunter's contract could be in peril.

"They may have grounds to terminate his employment because he has no legal agreement," Shechtman said. "Even if he does have a binding agreement, he may have breached that agreement, and there may be cause to terminate him.

"It's up to the leadership of the union to take whatever action is appropriate."

[Also: Why don't free NBA tickets fill empty arenas?]

Hunter and Hall, his top union attorney, longtime friend and colleague, cleared a conference room at the Wynn Hotel before meeting with several members of the executive committee on June 23, 2010, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

In the recorded minutes of that committee meeting made available at a later date, there is no item that includes the finalization of Hunter's new contract, sources with knowledge of the document told Yahoo! Sports. Nevertheless, the executive committee met with Hunter and Hall and finalized the terms of the five-year, $15 million contract extension. The players had no legal representation, sources said.

Two months earlier, on April 22, Hall sent an email to members of the executive committee that included the attachment of Hunter's $2.3 million annual contract that ran through 2011. In the email, Hall reported to executive committee members the apparent comparable salaries of pro sports union leaders, including the late NFLPA director Gene Upshaw and his successor, DeMaurice Smith.

Hall wrote that Upshaw had made "approximately $6.8 million with incentives." Hall also wrote that "[Upshaw's] successor, DeMaurice Smith, has a first contract of three years and makes about 2.8M per year … "

[Also: Deron Williams doesn’t think he deserves to be an All-Star this year]

In using those comparative salaries to build a case for escalating Hunter's salary to $3 million annually, Hall did not cite a source for those figures. Hall wrote that Michael Weiner had recently been appointed as executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, but did not have a finalized contract.

In labor filings, Smith made $1.6 million in 2010 and $1.38 million in 2011 – far lower than Hall's claims of "about $2.8 million per year."

Hall died on May 16, 2011.

Hunter signed the five-year, $15 million contract one day before a majority of the NBA's team player representatives met at the Wynn Hotel on June 24, 2010. Under normal circumstances, that player rep meeting would have been cause for when Hunter's contract would be voted upon for ratification.

Hunter's contract, according to details obtained by Y! Sports, calls for him to be terminated for cause only in the event of embezzlement, theft or fraud. In the event of a conviction or plea of no contest, upon termination, Hunter is still to be paid his full salary and accrued and unused vacation for the remainder of that contract year.

LMAOOOO what's so funny is you remember me, but I have no clue who you are. I got fans I guess.

Quit playing with me ya'll, I got some giveaways to give out to my fellow NT brothers/sisters for my 10,000th post.
wink.gif
*Hits follow button*

Kyrie has the vision and passing to be a top tier PG, he has playmaking capabilities but I agree he needs to start utilizing it more. Regardless of who his teammates are its the NBA. He should get at least 7-8 assists a game in his second year. The dude is smart tho, he has a good head on his shoulders, I think he can def do it.

You should get banned for this. Swear to God.

***** you talking as if I'm some new ***** around here. Don't ever in your life disrepsect me like that. I run laps around your imaginary basketball knolwedge.

Before google, ****** called me on my house-phone for basketball trivia.

I'm dead *** offended. Don't ever quote me again in your life.

I'm sorry but this reply is hilarious, lol, dude is mad lol

trying to figure out who approved of the Pistons playing in this game 
laugh.gif
who approved of the game period tho? you open up the season with them in london not mid season. you see how many days both teams go off before today? and how the knicks have 3 days off after it

Great Kobe interview..... and I strongly dislike Kobe.

Didn't know him & KG were boys pre-NBA and that him & Melo are BFF's.

True story,

A few years back I was at the SAC center hooping with some of UCLA's players in the summer. (These were the years when Farmar was there, and DC was his back up. Did well too. *Humble Brag*) A hour after hooping with them, a bunch of league guys come in to hoop. Of course this meant me being off the court. O.J., nick young, Brandon Jennings, Demar, Jrue, James Harden, Afflalo, Andre Miller, a bunch of guys that were in the league and guys who are in the L now, but were HS and College guys back then.

Two of the players that were there were Kobe and KG. Literally the whole time when they weren't playing they were chilling together, talking,(Profanity after every word :lol:) laughing, and what not. I went by them to kind of hear what they were saying. They were talking about the past season they played, the Lakers, family, how much the L has changed since they came in out of HS, whether or not The lakeshow would get back to winning, and more. I think this was 05, or 06, somewhere around there.

KG - "Y'all will get back there. Y'all will turn it around. You the illest ***** in the league, no choice but to. Man we go so far back man, I know how you get down."

KB - "******' right ticket, ****** right. I'm winning a few more before i'm through. **** you may get one before I get another one"
Good **** shoeking

There are 2 abandoned teams in my fantasy league that needs new owners. Let me know if you have an espn account and interested.

1st team

K Lowry (Tor)

G Hill (Ind)

P Pierce (Bos)

K Garnett (Bos)

D Howard (LAL)

D Green (SA)

K Love (Min)

J Terry (Bos)

A Afflalo (Orl)

A Gee (Cle)

G Monroe (Det)