Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hanson agrees to $500 million, he is officially a bird. :x

He wants to bring a team back to Seattle badly. I dont blame him honestly. are the Kings worth $500 mill? HELL NO, they arent even worth half that IMO

but i guess Maloofs are smart, they know someone was desperate to move the Kings to Seattle so they set the price high because someone would pay it.

good for them, they are scumbags but smart ones at that.

The Kings are the only "mobile" franchise on the market. The Grizzlies and Hornets are referenced as being "immovable," for some reason. That's what makes the $500 price tag apparently

I seen this when you posted it in this thread a few weeks ago

It still doesn't change the fact that the kings "fans" didn't care about the team after they got whack.. Then when they heard that the kings were probably gonna relocate, that's when they started to care again

Relocation is good

Nets used to play in jersey.. Took me over an hour to get to their games, now it takes me 30 - 45 mins to their games
Good looks mayne, glad you watched it; definitely a good watch.

Just bums me out it'll take me 11 hours and 49 minutes, 775 miles, to get to a Sonics/Kings game :frown:

Yeah it's unfortunate for the kings fans that they're relocating, but the NBA is a busine$$ and the Maloof's are idiots

the Bay Area isn't that far from Sacramento, so you can always go to Warriors games

I seen this when you posted it in this thread a few weeks ago

It still doesn't change the fact that the kings "fans" didn't care about the team after they got whack.. Then when they heard that the kings were probably gonna relocate, that's when they started to care again

Relocation is good

Nets used to play in jersey.. Took me over an hour to get to their games, now it takes me 30 - 45 mins to their games
Good looks mayne, glad you watched it; definitely a good watch.

Just bums me out it'll take me 11 hours and 49 minutes, 775 miles, to get to a Sonics/Kings game 
frown.gif
Yeah it's unfortunate for the kings fans that they're relocating, but the NBA is a busine$$ and the Maloof's are idiots

the Bay Area isn't that far from Sacramento, so you can always go to Warriors games
Ya but thats still a pretty long drive. I'd rather just catch Giants games or something rather than watch NBA basketball with no Kings.

The Kings are the only "mobile" franchise on the market. The Grizzlies and Hornets are referenced as being "immovable," for some reason. That's what makes the $500 price tag apparently

they are Immovable :lol:

If someone buys them, i mean it wont be quick but they can move the team. There was talk about the Grizz being moved if bought by another owner but it didnt happen.

Damn. Arco had arguably the best crowd in the league when the Kings were good in the early '00s

Sucks that they probably won't get another chance to put another winner out there

Kings barely has fans in the first place?
I've been to Arco Arena about 5 or 6 times in my life (from 2007 to 2011), and even while their franchise was hanging on to the skin of their teeth - fans were there in great amounts.
The initial move from Seatte to OKC is what damaged this of course, and I still feel as if OKC never deserved that team. It's going to happen again, when both KD and Westbrook are no longer on that team, you'll have a futile Thunder team failing to attract free agents - and ultimately being put in the same position Sacramento is in now. Mark my words. Give it 6-10 years.

I've been saying this for years.

Sac Town
B More
St Louis
Kansas City
Vancouver

should all get a shot at this team.

they are Immovable :lol:
If someone buys them, i mean it wont be quick but they can move the team. There was talk about the Grizz being moved if bought by another owner but it didnt happen.

I don't know. Not my words. Maybe the "moveable" part of it has to do with arenas. The Grizz & Hornets are playing in arenas that are more suited for modern audiences than the Kings are. The Kings have their bags packed, whether it be to move to a new one in Sac or a newer one in another city.

Kings barely has fans in the first place?
I've been to Arco Arena about 5 or 6 times in my life (from 2007 to 2011), and even while their franchise was hanging on to the skin of their teeth - fans were there in great amounts.
The initial move from Seatte to OKC is what damaged this of course, and I still feel as if OKC never deserved that team. It's going to happen again, when both KD and Westbrook are no longer on that team, you'll have a futile Thunder team failing to attract free agents - and ultimately being put in the same position Sacramento is in now. Mark my words. Give it 6-10 years.

Exactly. The Oklahoma City crowd is celebrated as one of the best home crowds in the league for being loud and creating a college-like atmosphere... doesn't that ring a bell (or cowbell)? But the Thunder have been good for 4 out of the 5 years they've been in OKC and they've had one of the most intriguing players in the league for all five.

The crowds will inevitably die down once Durant's career winds down unless they strike gold again. It's not a knock on the fans; it's just how things go. If it goes on too long, will we be talking about selling the Thunder and possible relocation 5-10 years after the Durant era is over? Maybe some suits in Sacramento will be interested.

Last edited:
Welp, Detroit is on the map like I figured.

"Detroit Pistons have expressed interest in Rudy Gay according to a Pistons Writer we spoke with."

"8 teams: Boston, Denver, Detroit, Golden State, Minnesota, Phoenix, Sacramento, Toronto have all expressed interest."

Tough break for Sacrementio... Those crowds were LOUD during those early '00 seasons & playoffs. Fun toeam to watch as well with Webber, Divac, Bibby, etc.

:lol: :smh: at Melo getting suspended a game for that. KG got in his head though & that was the goal from the start... Melo took the bait.

Exactly. The Oklahoma City crowd is celebrated as one of the best home crowds in the league for being loud and creating a college-like atmosphere... doesn't that ring a bell (or cowbell)? But the Thunder have been good for 4 out of the 5 years they've been in OKC and they've had one of the most intriguing players in the league for all five.
The crowds will inevitably die down once Durant's career winds down unless they strike gold again. It's not a knock on the fans; it's just how things go. If it goes on too long, will we be talking about selling the Thunder and possible relocation 5-10 years after the Durant era is over? Maybe some suits in Sacramento will be interested.
roll.gif

and why cant OKC be like the spurs,jazz or bucks? teams not in huge markets but wont be moving

memphis and The hornets have smaller makrets then then OKC do you see them moving also?

other then that run with Cweb and Co, the Kings haave been one of the worst run teams in sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom