Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP crapping all over Kobe.
But at least Kobe has the balls to try to guard him.
LeBron wouldn.... nevermind, don't wanna open up a can of worms for no reason

Yea. It's not like LeBron took on Rose(MVP) in the playoffs or anything.

I feel bad for dude. He's the only one on his team that really cares and has the potential. Everyone else is either too lazy or uninterested. Meeks should get the Axe also. No defense plus he doesn't know when to distribute the rock.

No shame in getting mixed by CP3, there are probly 2 or 3 people in the entire world who can stay in front of him....he's a magician with rock.

No shame in getting mixed by CP3, there are probly 2 or 3 people in the entire world who can stay in front of him....he's a magician with rock.
he is...he crossed me something serious during lunch break when I was a soph or fr....probably my most embarrassing moment during hs 
mean.gif

There is literally nothing that either of those players do better than Paul George aside Iggy on defense, and PG is pretty good at that too. I'm not saying he is a superstar, but he is definitely one of the better players at that position.
He shoots the ball well
He is a very good rebounder
He is a great defender
So Rudy Gay doesn't post up better than PG? He doesn't create his shot better than him? :smh:

He CAN post up better...but half the time Rudy doesnt even look interested in being there. When I went to the Grizz game last week, dude looked like he was sleep walking out there....and I've seen that from him alot this year. But no, I dont think he can create his own shot better.

CP crapping all over Kobe.
But at least Kobe has the balls to try to guard him.
LeBron wouldn.... nevermind, don't wanna open up a can of worms for no reason
Yea. It's not like LeBron took on Rose(MVP) in the playoffs or anything.
I was gonna let it slide, but yeah. Not like he regularly guards 5 positions or anything. Not like he guarded Rondo at times in the playoffs last year or anything. Not like he guarded Durant on more possessions than Durant guarded LeBron in the Finals last year or anything.

he is...he crossed me something serious during lunch break when I was a soph or fr....probably my most embarrassing moment during hs :smh:

He's underrated when it comes to handle, probly because it isnt really flashy but he can get just about anywhere on the court anytime he wants....also the way he controls the pace of the game is masterful as well.

Repped for getting crossed by CP3, im sure it was embarassing but playing pickup with future a future HOF'er has gotta be cool when you think back on it.

He CAN post up better...but half the time Rudy doesnt even look interested in being there. When I went to the Grizz game last week, dude looked like he was sleep walking out there....and I've seen that from him alot this year. But no, I dont think he can create his own shot better.

He probably isn't interested in posting up because he has ZBo, Gasol and Tony Allen playing with him most of the time. If he starts posting up, the floor spacing becomes unbelievably bad.

Apparently Battier doesnt want to shoot unkess its the playoffs. Hes passed up like 4 open 3s and thats just since I've been watching the 2nd half

He was looking for Ray in the corner but Chicago was doing an insanely good job of cutting it off. Really impressive defensive effort by the Bulls.

To expand on this:

http://www.nba.com/heat/news_recap/when-chicago-cut-corner

Such a good read. I like this description:

@CoupNBAOn Chicago Cutting Off the Corner: http://www.
nba.com/heat/news_recap/when-chicago-cut-corner

When Shane Battier and Tom Thibodeau had a Calculator Fight (Updated Link)

:lol:
Coup does great work for the Heat website. :smokin

As bad as the Lakers and Lakers fans feel today after the Clippers loss.

It's going to be worse tomorrow, and every day after that. Looks like the Clippers are going to be the best team in LA for a long, long time.

Smelling like the very beginning of the end.

Kobe's still f'ing amazing, he doesn't deserve to go out like this.

Big Cuz averaging 20, 15, 5.5 since coming off suspension.

Maybe, just maybe, the Kings might be able to get a 1st round pick thrown in with Jared Sullinger and Avery Bradley?

Erupt has always been a Clippers fan. Boost on the other hand...
I thought he was one of y'all P (Lakers' fan).

His presence in this thread "strangely" coincided with the Clippers' recent win streak.

Watch out for a JArection yall.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Dirk Nowitzki to make first start

By Tim MacMahon
ESPNDallas.com

DALLAS -- Mavericks  star forward Dirk Nowitzki  will make his first start of the season Saturday night against the New Orleans Hornets, coach Rick Carlisle said.

After missing 27 games while recovering from preseason arthroscopic surgery on his right knee, Nowitzki came off the bench in his first six appearances of the season. He practiced with the Mavs' starters for the first time Friday, a couple days after setting season highs with 19 points in 29 minutes during an overtime loss to the Miami Heat.

"I felt like the best I've felt out there," Nowitzki said Friday. "I don't think the wind is a big deal or wasn't the last couple of games. It's more the legs and the explosiveness and the push-off and switching directions. So that was the major problem I thought the last ten days I've been back, or whatever.

"That was the best I've felt, in Miami. So I've got to keep on working, hopefully get 100 percent here sometime soon."

Nowitzki, who has appeared in the last 11 All-Star Games, is averaging 10.0 points and 4.3 rebounds in 22 minutes in his six appearances off the bench as he worked himself back into form.

Maybe, just maybe, the Kings might be able to get a 1st round pick thrown in with Jared Sullinger and Avery Bradley?

That would shoot past Perkins-for-Green as the worst trade in Celtics history. That said, I still wouldn't put it past Ainge.

That article about Battier and Chicago's defense was a great read. Tom Thibodeau is that dude.

That would shoot past Perkins-for-Green as the worst trade in Celtics history. That said, I still wouldn't put it past Ainge.
How, in any god damn way, would that ******g trade be bad for the Celtics. 

We're trading the best defensive player on the team outside of KG, plus our best rookie in years/one of our only contributing young guys for a headcase. A talented headcase, but still. Even if that didn't destroy any semblance of chemistry we have now, that's just not a good basketball trade.

I'm a fan of Cousins, but I'm sure as hell not about to give up Bradley and Sully for him.

IMO Sullinger could be just as good without any of the offcourt issues if he played more.

We're trading the best defensive player on the team outside of KG, plus our best rookie in years/one of our only contributing young guys for a headcase. A talented headcase, but still. Even if that didn't destroy any semblance of chemistry we have now, that's just not a good basketball trade.

I'm a fan of Cousins, but I'm sure as hell not about to give up Bradley and Sully for him.

IMO Sullinger could be just as good without any of the offcourt issues if he played more.
True Bradley has had a pretty good season thus far. I'm just messing 
laugh.gif

What off court issues does Sully got going on? I haven't heard anything. 

I don't think you and I will ever see eye to eye on this 
laugh.gif
  Is Bradley really that great? I mean you sure you don't just have Courtney Lee glasses on right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom