Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still dead at Lin being ahead of Harden, Westbrook, Parker etc. etc. etc.:lol:

Only 56k back from starting which isn't much at all. One of the Rockets boards or rockets.com needs to start a twitter campaign. He by no means deserves to be there, but I think it would be hilarious because that was cause at least 2, possibly 3 guards to be snubbed if he gets in. Then those guards would resent him for it and try to drop 40 on him every time they play each other from now til the end of their careers

I'll say it again, they should've never hired Avery or King. There were better coaches and GMs out there at the time.
There probably were, but that doesn't matter if Prokhorov is pressuring management to make short sighted moves to put out a winning product immediately.

Only 56k back from starting which isn't much at all. One of the Rockets boards or rockets.com needs to start a twitter campaign. He by no means deserves to be there, but I think it would be hilarious because that was cause at least 2, possibly 3 guards to be snubbed if he gets in. Then those guards would resent him for it and try to drop 40 on him every time they play each other from now til the end of their careers
:lol: @ The chain of events

LeBron out there tweeting like he didnt get Mike Brown fires after winning Coach of the Year.

I'll say it again, they should've never hired Avery or King. There were better coaches and GMs out there at the time.
Not coming at you jhawk, it's funny how now everyone should have seen it coming they'd be a middle of the pack team when preseasont hey were the favorites with Boston to be the biggest threat to the Heat.
That was mostly delusional Knicks haters. Silly fools. I laughed then and I can't help but laugh now. Bucks got a better record than them :lol:
Can't even lie, I thought they'd be better. I figured Joe being a second option and playing alongside Deron would really help him flourish. I didn't expect them to win the division, but I certainly didn't expect them to be a .500 team.

If they had pulled off that deal for Dwight, I would have leapt from the Brooklyn Bridge.:lol:

There probably were, but that doesn't matter if Prokhorov is pressuring management to make short sighted moves to put out a winning product immediately.
True but they really didn't have a good plan b after missing out on Dwight. I understand thinking the Joe move would be a good one and Proky backing it hard but I feel King probably sold that idea more than anything and got the team stuck with that **** contract. Seemed to be little to no focus on that bench. Plus I just don't think Avery is a good enough coach.
Not coming at you jhawk, it's funny how now everyone should have seen it coming they'd be a middle of the pack team when preseasont hey were the favorites with Boston to be the biggest threat to the Heat.
That was mostly delusional Knicks haters. Silly fools. I laughed then and I can't help but laugh now. Bucks got a better record than them :lol:
Can't even lie, I thought they'd be better. I figured Joe being a second option and playing alongside Deron would really help him flourish. I didn't expect them to win the division, but I certainly didn't expect them to be a .500 team.

If they had pulled off that deal for Dwight, I would have leapt from the Brooklyn Bridge.:lol:
After rooting for Joe in the playoffs, seeing what he did against the Celts I knew this move wouldn't do much for them. I figured at best they'd be a 7th seed.

I was one of the few ppl that wanted them to get Dwight, I wasn't scared at all of that team. Plus when I look at how Dwight is playing this season, I aint had nothing to be worried about.

Last edited:
I personally think the Nets should've gave Avery more time. He was in a position to coach a completely new & revamped team & was forced in a position to win games with his best player playing through several injuries, including a bad sprain on his shooting wrist (Which is why I think some of the criticism he's been getting is unwarranted right now). While the Nets are in win now mode due to all the contracts they brought on this off season, I think Avery should've gotten more than 2 months to piece it all together :nerd:

If the losing kept up & the injuries weren't a problem, then I'd agree his time was up. Honestly though, as soon as DWill made those comments I had a feeling something was going to happen soon.

Im just curious to see what the next step is as far as coaching... I personally don't see Sloan or Phil Jackson coming in :nerd:

I know Brooks is happy though :lol: Hopefully he can finally get more PT, especially since offense has been a problem throughout stretches of the game for us.

I give Avery a lot of credit for helping Blatche turn into a completely new player this season though.

True but they really didn't have a good plan b after missing out on Dwight. I understand thinking the Joe move would be a good one and Proky backing it hard but I feel King probably sold that idea more than anything and got the team stuck with that **** contract. Seemed to be little to know focus on that bench. Plus I just don't think Avery is a good enough coach.
I never though King was a very good GM myself and Johnson I didn't care all that much for. :lol:

King did do a good job building the bench given the limited resources though.

Last edited:
Lol Deron is a superstar man. Idc what anyone says...he's having a rough start to the season and he's suddenly not that good? Lmao wow

Although, CP3 is distancing himself from the pack as Best pg in the nba

I want Lin to start in the ASG so bad
laugh.gif
Come on only 56k back
me too 
laugh.gif

Best tweet:

RT @jemelehill: At some point, people will realize Deron Williams isn't a superstar. Big game, low intangibles.

tell her to shut her ugly mouth up

Deron is a superstar, dude is dealing with injuries and maybe something else. He will eventually get it going.

thats why i dont follow trolls on twitter, people who look like trolls especially.

Chris Paul (LAC) 542,564;
Jeremy Lin (Hou) 496,133;

SOON
I'm still dead at Lin being ahead of Harden, Westbrook, Parker etc. etc. etc.:lol:

Asains putting in that work.
I want Lin to start in the ASG so bad :lol: Come on only 56k back
Can't even be surprised after that one season where Yao Ming didn't play a game and had like a million votes :lol: This is just bad cuz Lin has had a lackluster season.

Also didn't know Amar'e had that many fans.
True but they really didn't have a good plan b after missing out on Dwight. I understand thinking the Joe move would be a good one and Proky backing it hard but I feel King probably sold that idea more than anything and got the team stuck with that **** contract. Seemed to be little to know focus on that bench. Plus I just don't think Avery is a good enough coach.
I never though King was a very good GM myself and Johnson I didn't care all that much for. :lol:

King did do a good job building the bench given the limited resources though.
I'll be forever jealous of how they managed to get Reggie Evans but there's no offensive threats off the bench. They got some Bulls rejects and don't even play Marshon to make him that 6th man guy. Only other surprise is Blatche. King did good for what he had to work with but I think he could've done a little better. Like Randy Foye or MoWill better.

Last edited:
How many times has a coach won COTY, only to be fired 2-3 years later?

That award needs to be scrapped if coaches are being fired, and players are not be held accountable.
Stopped putting stock into that award when Gregg Pop only has two.....
Best tweet:

RT @jemelehill: At some point, people will realize Deron Williams isn't a superstar. Big game, low intangibles.
Shes wylin, he is without a doubt a superstar. If the second best PG in the league isnt a superstar then who is?
- Jamar Hudson ‏@jamarhudson Avery Johnson has Ether on repeat as he cleans out his office.

roll.gif
"All I see is these ______ I made Millionaires, Millin about spillin their feelings in the air"
roll.gif

roll.gif

How many times has a coach won COTY, only to be fired 2-3 years later?

That award needs to be scrapped if coaches are being fired, and players are not be held accountable.
Mike Brown? But Avery was also fastest coach to 100 wins and the coach who taught Dirk how to play not like a pansy, which eveyrone and especially Dirk himself and Dallas fans were resistant to at the time, which helped the mavs win a title 2 yrs later.

And Deron Williams coach in Turkey was not retained either. Don't know if you want to pin that one on him though, but fits the trendy narrrative.

2013 NBA ALL-STAR BALLOTING WESTERN CONFERENCE

Frontcourt:
Kevin Durant (OKC) 924,898;
Dwight Howard (LAL) 616,150;
Blake Griffin (LAC) 489,795;
Tim Duncan (SA) 299,434;
Pau Gasol (LAL) 197,377; Kevin Love (Min) 189,949; Omer Asik (Hou) 131,002; Rudy Gay (Mem) 125,562; Serge Ibaka (OKC) 111,963; Marc Gasol (Mem) 99,271; Zach Randolph (Mem) 97,778; LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 97,090; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 93,491; Metta World Peace (LAL) 85,279; Chandler Parsons (Hou) 78,235.

Backcourt:
Kobe Bryant (LAL) 977,444;
Chris Paul (LAC) 542,564;
Jeremy Lin (Hou) 496,133;
James Harden (Hou) 283,691;
Russell Westbrook (OKC) 232,074; Steve Nash (LAL) 166,262; Tony Parker (SA) 111,032; Ricky Rubio (Min) 96,466; Stephen Curry (GS) 78,380; Manu Ginobili (SA) 70,813.

2013 NBA ALL-STAR BALLOTING EASTERN CONFERENCE

Frontcourt:
LeBron James (Mia) 970,314;
Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 891,759;
Kevin Garnett (Bos) 328,716;
Chris Bosh (Mia) 308,194;
Tyson Chandler (NYK) 260,000; Paul Pierce (Bos) 171,601; Joakim Noah (Chi) 129,331; Josh Smith (Atl) 111,260; Anderson Varejao (Cle) 99,955; Amar’e Stoudemire (NYK) 90,996; Shane Battier (Mia) 88,800; Andrew Bynum (Phi) 84,939; Luol Deng (Chi) 76,400; Brook Lopez (BKN) 67,991; Jeff Green (Bos) 52,785.

Backcourt:
Dwyane Wade (Mia) 645,875;
Rajon Rondo (Bos) 574,272;
Deron Williams (BKN) 309,778;
Kyrie Irving (Cle) 258,193;
Ray Allen (Mia) 195,142; Monta Ellis (Mil) 71,287; Raymond Felton (NYK) 66,745; Jrue Holiday (Phi) 56,683; Jason Terry (Bos) 52,833; Brandon Jennings (Mil) 49,122.
GO LIN GO!!!!

indifferent.gif
Why do D-Howard and Blake Griffin have that much more votes than Tim Duncan. Good job "fans"

They overpaid Wallace

JJ has been overrated for years

D will is a Baller but he has flaws too.

Besides that they aren't very good

Kyrie in the ASG :pimp: ... Coaches might vote Andy too but dudes injured

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom