Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a point, with Joe & Deron's struggles. Especially Deron who is supposed to be a superstar.

However, Avery also wasn't getting the most out of the roster by playing D Will off the ball so much & playing the slowest pace in the league. Phoenix still ran with Shaq & Kurt Thomas. So even with Lopez, these guys shouldn't be playing this slow.

Its always the coaches fault :lol:

When will the players be held accountable for their crappy play?

Last edited:
Net
Nets are in win now mode. Really not a lot of time to be waiting for things to click with Avery apparently.

Honestly I don't see them winning much with the team they have now. Maybe I'm wrong *shrugs*
Neither do I, but they're locked in with this roster. Can't change the player, what's the next best thing?

You have to believe they're offering Phil everything under the sun right now. I don't blame them.

They can offer Phil the world, but they still won't help that roster. Sloppy Joe hasn't been good since his days w/ the Suns and we will probably never see that again. Brook is soft. DWill likes to toss coaches under the bus when the tough gets going. The potential is there, but will it manifest itself is the question and honestly I doubt it.

How many times has a coach won COTY, only to be fired 2-3 years later?

That award needs to be scrapped if coaches are being fired, and players are not be held accountable.

Last edited:
Net
Nets are in win now mode. Really not a lot of time to be waiting for things to click with Avery apparently.

Honestly I don't see them winning much with the team they have now. Maybe I'm wrong *shrugs*
Neither do I, but they're locked in with this roster. Can't change the player, what's the next best thing?

You have to believe they're offering Phil everything under the sun right now. I don't blame them.

They can offer Phil the world, but they still won't help that roster. Sloppy Joe hasn't been good since his days w/ the Suns and we will probably never see that again. Brook is soft. DWill likes to toss coaches under the bus when the tough gets going. The potential is there, but will it manifest itself is the question and honestly I doubt it.
Agreed 100%.

Joe Johnson is a good player.

Joe Johnson is not a max deal level player (ie overpaid)

We go through this every year :smh:

If joe Johnson was getting paid what JR smith is... Then yes he would be a great player.

It's all relative.

It ain't even the money because Prok has huge pockets. The issue is the cap space.

If this was baseball nets would be fine

Last edited:
Joe Johnson is vastly overpaid, but he gets way too much slander.

It's not warranted slander for Sloppy Joe?
Putting everything in perspective, he is/was a very good player. A talented all around player with some flaws that got offered a massive contract, that no one was going to turn down.

So his good outweighs his bad is what you're saying right?
For this Nets team, I think so. They were going to be in salary cap hell no matter happened this summer for the following 2-3-4 years. They got a productive swingman, although he looks to have lost a step in comparison to previous years.

Best tweet:
RT @jemelehill: At some point, people will realize Deron Williams isn't a superstar. Big game, low intangibles.

Glad people are beginning to realize this. Deron is an incredible player, but to an extent. He doesn't neccessarily make his team better, and it doesn't help that the other starting 4 can't spread the floor for him to play at a high level. That's why there are nights he has only 5 or 6 assists...

..but the easiest way to say "hey let's make a change" is by firing Avery. Which was not the right decision.

Last edited:
Best tweet:
RT @jemelehill: At some point, people will realize Deron Williams isn't a superstar. Big game, low intangibles.
Glad people are beginning to realize this. Deron is an incredible player, but to an extent. He doesn't neccessarily make his team better, and it doesn't help that the other starting 4 can't spread the floor for him to play at a high level. That's why there are nights he has only 5 or 6 assists...

..but the easiest way to say "hey let's make a change" is by firing Avery. Which was not the right decision.
He's not a superstar because he doesn't make his team better? The target is definitely on his back after this. Let's not forget that Avery Johnson was in the last year of his deal. He had already lost the team prior to the comments made by Deron and he ran an offense that was to no one's benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom