Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all mad!
jeremy-lin-swagger-gif.gif

u Lins cousin or something? you're over here defending him in his honor, do you praise him to be your god?

if he was talented id have no problem admitting it, but hes average to below average at everything he does...

like i asked you yesterday, what is he actually good at? since it was skipped twice, i assume nothing.
You mad too

I already stated that I'm not a huge fan of his.

But when people make idiotic statements like "10th man at best" I feel they need to be addressed.

I asked you yesterday, what's your definition of "good"? Better than average?

I think he averages more points than half the league and I think he averages more assist than half the league.

He's not top 10 so he can't be "good"?

Lin isnt good though...

thats the point, if you like him well great im not gonna call you out on that. People have been fans or weirder players.

But hes not very talented, is he good enough to be in the NBA? sure, but to be a starter? HELL NO. Unless your team has no money, no draft picks, and is that desperate then ok.

Good for him for the Linsanity thing last year but said it before,during, and after. hes not good. He got hot and played well. Good for him.

Seeing as how he's a starting point guard for the Rockets I'm pretty sure he's good enough to be starting point guard.

I don't think there are 30 pgs better than him.

so..................how about them w's? david lee chances of being an all-star? :nerd:

Shouldn't even be a question. He deserves a spot just based on what he's done already this season. And now that they eliminated the C position and its just "front court" players, I can't see him not making it.

so..................how about them w's? david lee chances of being an all-star? :nerd:

Shouldn't even be a question. He deserves a spot just based on what he's done already this season. And now that they eliminated the C position and its just "front court" players, I can't see him not making it.

i think with the winning record he will be recognized. just dont want him to get shafted. seen it in recent yrs with monta, jamison, and even jrich one yr
WCW :smokin

There's nothing "bad" about it, but his play this season hasn't consistently suggested that it's true.  The league's current crop of PGs is very strong, and right now Lin is average at best. I understand that Toney Douglas plays great defense and has been a serviceable role player this season, but above-average players don't sit down the stretch in favor of Toney Douglas.

Of the league's 30 teams, no fewer than 21 have a point guard on the roster who is indisputably better than Lin.  It's not hate, it's just a fact.  I'll even list them off..

Rondo
Williams
Felton
Holiday
Calderon
Irving
Rose
Jennings
Teague
Wall
Conley
Vasquez
Parker
Lawson
Lillard
Westbrook
Williams
Curry
Paul
Dragic
Evans

And then there are some guys off the bench (Andre Miller, for example) who are far more accomplished, and other starters like George Hill who would have an argument right now as well.  I'm happy that Lin did well last night, but it doesn't change the fact that he'd been shooting below 40% all season long.

Good points. I can't recall the PG position being this deep, from what I can remember.

Lin has the talent to be a capable NBA starter.

He's 24 games in, on a new team/new system and paired with a teammate who also excels with the ball in their hands. How about re-evaluating this later in the season?

Oh wait, it's NT...never mind.

I talked myself into, 'we shoulda just kept Lee and added pieces instead of overpaying Amare w/o Nash, before the 2010 season started.' :lol:

Melo wasn't coming to New York to play with no damn David Lee. And Amare played at an MVP level that first half of the season before Melo got there....how quickly people forget.

Jeremy Lin's Return to MSG - Check out Jeremy Lin back in his old stomping grounds as he notches 22 points and 8 assists.

Dec 17, 2012 - Blake Griffin comes up with a couple of alley-oop gems against the Pistons late in the game.

I talked myself into, 'we shoulda just kept Lee and added pieces instead of overpaying Amare w/o Nash, before the 2010 season started.' :lol:

Melo wasn't coming to New York to play with no damn David Lee. And Amare played at an MVP level that first half of the season before Melo got there....how quickly people forget.

Was English your second language?
Please respond.

Last edited:
What is a censored ninja
nerd.gif

actually, i think I know what it is... is it wrong? srs

ok ok I think I get it now

He also made a joke about rape
In my defense it wasn't so much about rape as it was in response to a ridiculous statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my defense it wasn't so much about rape as it was in response to a ridiculous statement.
Not sure what was ridiculous about my statement.  If you don't want guys dunking like that then don't let them.  This isn't little league.
Honestly, I see what you're saying. But the Clippers (as much as I think me and the majority of us hate to admit it) are clearly a top 5ish team in the NBA. A god awful team like the Pistons, or any sucky team for that matter, are more likely than not gonna get blown out. I interpreted what you said as, "Well sucky teams should just stop sucking" 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom