Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you kind sir

On a related note, Jimmer needs to be playing like 25-30 mpg. Dude has actually had a relatively decent season in limited minutes thus far. If he had played like this last year, most folks wouldn't be so down on him like they are now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I see what you're saying. But the Clippers (as much as I think me and the majority of us hate to admit it) are clearly a top 5ish team in the NBA. A god awful team like the Pistons, or any sucky team for that matter, are more likely than not gonna get blown out. I interpreted what you said as, "Well sucky teams should just stop sucking" 
laugh.gif
I guess that is what I was saying, sort of.  I mean, in sports, if you don't want to lose... win.
laugh.gif

I'm even less remorseful in this case too because no one even chased Blake once he secured the loose ball.  Greg Monroe was like two feet behind Blake at the very start of the break and he just stood there in the backcourt looking depressed, as did the rest of the Pistons. 

. Dude has actually had a relatively decent season in limited minutes thus far. If he had played like this last year, most folks wouldn't be so down on him like they are now.

Hey Jimmer cooking every time he hits the floor.

Yeah I know :nerd: but he's like Reddick. Not as a player but how people look at him. If you said you liked Reddick or thought he'd be an impact player during his first year or two people would assume you were joking.

Honestly, I see what you're saying. But the Clippers (as much as I think me and the majority of us hate to admit it) are clearly a top 5ish team in the NBA. A god awful team like the Pistons, or any sucky team for that matter, are more likely than not gonna get blown out. I interpreted what you said as, "Well sucky teams should just stop sucking" 
laugh.gif
I guess that is what I was saying, sort of.  I mean, in sports, if you don't want to lose... win.
laugh.gif

I'm even less remorseful in this case too because no one even chased Blake once he secured the loose ball.  Greg Monroe was like two feet behind Blake at the very start of the break and he just stood there in the backcourt looking depressed, as did the rest of the Pistons. 
Ya, effort when getting blown out can definitely be called out..... Which I see far too often with the Kings 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5  

. Dude has actually had a relatively decent season in limited minutes thus far. If he had played like this last year, most folks wouldn't be so down on him like they are now.
Hey Jimmer cooking every time he hits the floor.
Yeah I know 
nerd.gif
 but he's like Reddick. Not as a player but how people look at him. If you said you liked Reddick or thought he'd be an impact player during his first year or two people would assume you were joking.

I loved Redick when he came out... Did not at all see him developing into the type of player he is now though after those rough few years. Jimmer is taking tiny steps right now. He still gets a little rattled every so ofter when he is pressured, no where near as terrible as last season, but he's done a good job penetrating and dumping off, or using his new floater. But even that little sliver of confidence he shows every so often is encouraging.

Stuff like this you would have never seen him do last year. He's getting more and more comfortable asserting himself rather than just crumbling when in iso situations

Last post on Jimmer... this is probably the best example of the new Jimmer... please don't stone me yall

That move at the end of the video 
mean.gif
sick.gif
 real shifty

I loved Redick when he came out... Did not at all see him developing into the type of player he is now though after those rough few years. Jimmer is taking tiny steps right now. He still gets a little rattled every so ofter when he is pressured, no where near as terrible as last season, but he's done a good job penetrating and dumping off, or using his new floater. But even that little sliver of confidence he shows every so often is encouraging.

Stuff like this you would have never seen him do last year. He's getting more and more comfortable asserting himself rather than just crumbling when in iso situations

Thanks for the wall of Jimmer highlights :lol:

I'm sure people like Jimmer (like you) and liked Reddick too. I was saying because they're preppy looking, unathletic white guys, people think they're a joke until they prove otherwise.

^Jimmers not unathletic.

Yup Jimmer is back in BYU mode, defered too much last year, now is looking for blood anytime he has the ball, rck2sactown why is Aaron Brooks playing so much?

Last edited:
Relatively unathletic. No racist.

On this topic a blurb in Hoopshype mentioned "or the Kings can deal Tyreke to the Magic," I think, like it was a known thing. Anything behind that rumor? Sac sending out one of their guards, any one of their guards, can open up space for Jimmer to prove he belongs in the league

did not know that Bynum had that cheap elbow in his arsenal all along. :smh: :lol: Laker fans did he do this any other time not including the JJ and Beasley one?

He did Beasley dirty here, but then I realized its the same thing he pulled on Barea in the playoffs. It just looked worse on JJ because he was smaller.

Look at Odom standing there like a *****. He had the "Please God I hope my teammates are right behind me" look on his face :lol:

The hell went on these last few pages :lol: ?? Lin slander/love, followed by Jimmer talk :lol:

Last edited:
^oh, matt barnes the epitome of fake tough guy. >D

nobody stepping to nikola pekovic though

Nice non-generic answer from Steve Nash on the offense

Nash explains the Lakers' struggles in D'Antoni's system

For weeks everybody but Steve Nash has had a say on how he will change things for the Los Angeles Lakers once he finally returns from a broken left leg.

How will he make Pau Gasol better? How will he make Mike D'Antoni's offense flow? How will he ease the burden on Kobe Bryant?

Fixing just one of these issues would help tremendously because while he's been out, it's been hard to even find where to start diagnosing exactly what ails the Lakers.

But with his return now in sight, potentially as early as Saturday against the Golden State Warriors, Nash has opened up a little about what he's seen while watching the Lakers play these past six weeks without him.

Hint: It hasn't been a pretty sight.

"We got in a rut there where we lost our confidence and we weren't playing with any fire or spirit or energy," Nash said Tuesday morning. "We weren't a proactive team defensively and our defense slipped. But when you're going through this transition with a new coach and new players and no training camp, we get a little down when we didn't play well and I think we lost our energy defensively."

At the offensive end it hasn't been much prettier. D'Antoni often speaks about looking for "energy" on offense, that if his system is being run correctly, the ball should move freely and find the natural weaknesses in the defense. His tone is usually philosophical, like he's speaking in a language only he is fluent in right now.

Tuesday Nash expounded on all that, and offered what is quite simply the best explanation I've heard for how and why the Lakers have struggled to implement and adjust to D'Antoni's system so far.

"The wings have to get to the corner to create space," Nash said. "The bigs have to run their man to create separation, and when they can get out quickly to create separation, when they can get a piece of their guy and get out quickly to the basket and when we create an advantage and that point guard is guarded by the big, then the flow opens up.

"But if we don't get any separation from our men, we don't set good picks, and we don't get off the pick quickly, then they can just slide through and cover us and we're back to 5-on-5.

"I think that's a dangerous position for our team because we don't create easy shots for each other and we have to take long, guarded shots which ends up killing our defense because then they run out on them. We need to get it going downhill a little bit, open up their defense and make them scramble a little bit to make room for our bigs down low and our point guards."

Yeah, there's a reason D'Antoni's been jonesing to get this guy back.

Look at Odom standing there like a *****. He had the "Please God I hope my teammates are right behind me" look on his face
laugh.gif

The hell went on these last few pages
laugh.gif
?? Lin slander/love, followed by Jimmer talk
laugh.gif
when bynum hit wallace with the elbow the sound that came out wallace's mouth on the floor was 
sick.gif

That Bynum hit on Beasley is honestly one of the dirtiest plays I can come up with off the top of my head.  Disgusting.
indifferent.gif

Wade just scored over Love in the post

Edit: As expected, rebounding will be a concern for MIA. Minny has 14 points, 10 of them being 2nd chance points.

Last edited:
Relatively unathletic. No racist.

On this topic a blurb in Hoopshype mentioned "or the Kings can deal Tyreke to the Magic," I think, like it was a known thing. Anything behind that rumor? Sac sending out one of their guards, any one of their guards, can open up space for Jimmer to prove he belongs in the league
I haven't heard any rumors about Tyreke, other than the Kings are just gonna let his RFA dictate his worth so the Kings don't have to bid against themselves if they choose to resign him. Idk what the Magic can really offer though, maybe some pics and a young guy or two? 

But with the Kings, most of the times there aren't too many rumors that come out, they usually just sort of happen 
^Jimmers not unathletic.

Yup Jimmer is back in BYU mode, defered too much last year, now is looking for blood anytime he has the ball, rck2sactown why is Aaron Brooks playing so much?
Eh Jimmer is actually kinda quick, just doesn't really show on D  

Aaron Brooks is playing tons because 

A) Petire has had a man crush on him since like 09 or so

B) Smart is an idiot and thinks having a vet in the starting line up will help... and at the same time has no clue how to figure out a rotation that works. 

its frustrating as hell that we even signed him in the first place. Easily the most pointless signing of the offseason 
laugh.gif
 Plus I really hope it doesn't mess with the development of our young guards
No racist.
You mean, 'No rck'?
I'm of color, I can't be racist 
grin.gif

That Bynum hit on Beasley is honestly one of the dirtiest plays I can come up with off the top of my head.  Disgusting. :stoneface:

more dirty than the JJ barea hit in the playoffs? it was the same move bynum pulled except his target this time was under 6"ft.

That Bynum hit on Beasley is honestly one of the dirtiest plays I can come up with off the top of my head.  Disgusting.
indifferent.gif
more dirty than the JJ barea hit in the playoffs? it was the same move bynum pulled except his target this time was under 6"ft.
I remember when Barea got nailed, and I literally felt this rage in me that'd I'd never felt before while watching sports 
laugh.gif
 I was so ticked I was yelling at my friend who's a Lakers fan after it happened 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom