Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redick on the T'Wolves, Grizzlies or Jazz would be dope.

Would be for the Wolves at least.. But I have a feeling Magic will want a lot more for JJ than he's worth.. At least that's how they've been playing his card at least.

Knicks Assign Stoudemire To D-League For Rehab Dec 18, 2012 11:18 AM EST

The New York Knicks have assigned Amar’e Stoudemire to the Erie BayHawks, the Knicks’ NBA Development League affiliate. T

Stoudemire will practice with the BayHawks at MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, N.Y. as he continues his rehabilitation process from left knee debridement.

did not know that Bynum had that cheap elbow in his arsenal all along. :smh: :lol: Laker fans did he do this any other time not including the JJ and Beasley one?

He did Beasley dirty here, but then I realized its the same thing he pulled on Barea in the playoffs. It just looked worse on JJ because he was smaller.

Lin least deserving NBA all star ever? SRS?

..over Tyrone Hill? Antonio Davis? That's just scratching the surface. Lin's is well-deserving of an all-star game, IDK about starting but definitely a reserve.

Lin doesn't deserve to be a reserve but the fans will vote him in. I don't think he's a bad player but he isn't having an all star year by any neans

IDK about starting but definitely a reserve.
roll.gif

Lin is a capable starter. What is so hard to understand or bad about that?
There's nothing "bad" about it, but his play this season hasn't consistently suggested that it's true.  The league's current crop of PGs is very strong, and right now Lin is average at best. I understand that Toney Douglas plays great defense and has been a serviceable role player this season, but above-average players don't sit down the stretch in favor of Toney Douglas.

Of the league's 30 teams, no fewer than 21 have a point guard on the roster who is indisputably better than Lin.  It's not hate, it's just a fact.  I'll even list them off..

Rondo

Williams

Felton

Holiday

Calderon

Irving

Rose

Jennings

Teague

Wall

Conley

Vasquez

Parker

Lawson

Lillard

Westbrook

Williams

Curry

Paul

Dragic

Evans

And then there are some guys off the bench (Andre Miller, for example) who are far more accomplished, and other starters like George Hill who would have an argument right now as well.  I'm happy that Lin did well last night, but it doesn't change the fact that he'd been shooting below 40% all season long.

Y'all getting mad that he's getting votes for the All-Star game which is basically a glorified popularity contest?

It hurts your soul that much?

Be mad if he makes All-NBA.

..over Tyrone Hill? Antonio Davis? That's just scratching the surface. Lin's is well-deserving of an all-star game, IDK about starting but definitely a reserve.

you're trolling right?

Lin is a capable starter. What is so hard to understand or bad about that?

There's nothing "bad" about it, but his play this season hasn't consistently suggested that it's true.  The league's current crop of PGs is very strong, and right now Lin is average at best. I understand that Toney Douglas plays great defense and has been a serviceable role player this season, but above-average players don't sit down the stretch in favor of Toney Douglas.

Of the league's 30 teams, no fewer than 21 have a point guard on the roster who is indisputably better than Lin.  It's not hate, it's just a fact.  I'll even list them off..

Rondo
Williams
Felton
Holiday
Calderon
Irving
Rose
Jennings
Teague
Wall
Conley
Vasquez
Parker
Lawson
Lillard
Westbrook
Williams
Curry
Paul
Dragic
Evans

And then there are some guys off the bench (Andre Miller, for example) who are far more accomplished, and other starters like George Hill who would have an argument right now as well.  I'm happy that Lin did well last night, but it doesn't change the fact that he'd been shooting below 40% all season long.
Lin's not shooting well, that I can agree with.

But among other things, Lin is an above average rebounder for his position, gets his teammates good shots, finds the open man and isn't a liability on the defensive end. All the makings of a capable starter.

Lin's not shooting well, that I can agree with.
But among other things, Lin is an above average rebounder for his position, gets his teammates good shots, finds the open man and isn't a liability on the defensive end. All the makings of a capable starter.
I guess it really depends on your definition of "capable."  He's not the worst starter in the league, but he's well below average.  Capable is hard to define.

you're trolling right?
Seeing as though the all-star game is a popularity contest, and he is popular according to votes

I would say he's well deserving of an All-Star spot

you're trolling right?

Why are you still surprised by this? The All-Star game is no longer reserved for those with undeniable talent, if your name is ringing bells some how, some way - than more then likely your going to be voted for. He's Chinese-American for crying out loud. Did we not see what what happened to Yao?

Last edited:

i think he meant it as the least deserving nba all star starter ever

and leave antonio davis alone

you're trolling right?
Why are you still surprised by this? The All-Star game is no longer reserved for those with undeniable talent, if your name is ringing bells some how, some way - than more then likely your going to be voted for. He's Chinese-American for crying out loud. Did we not see what what happened to Yao?
Ding Ding Ding
..over Tyrone Hill? Antonio Davis?
Jamaal Magloire.
pimp.gif
Was going to post this. Complete nonsense.

Last edited:
did not know that Bynum had that cheap elbow in his arsenal all along. :smh: :lol: Laker fans did he do this any other time not including the JJ and Beasley one?

He did Beasley dirty here, but then I realized its the same thing he pulled on Barea in the playoffs. It just looked worse on JJ because he was smaller.
Broke Crash's ribs and IIRC collapsed his lung too

And :lol: at Lin being "deserving" of an all star spot, other than the fact he is getting votes. Dudes is buns, coach doesn't even trust him to play 4th quarters. And he IS a defensive liability (him and Harden both) and he doesn't even go left. There's probably some "advanced stat" that says otherwise I'm sure though. 11, 6, and 4 gets you in the ASG now? Please no. Western guards should be Chris Paul and Kobe Bryant, with Russell Westbrook and James Harden off the bench. Tony Parker and Steph Curry both have an argument too. There's 2 WC spots, but a big might get the other one so someone is going to get snubbed.

It was bad enough when all those crap big men made the game just because of position titles (Big Z's last appearances, Jamaal Magloire, Dale Davis, Antonio Davis, Tyrone Hill, Anthony Mason, etc.), but let's not start it with guards too. If you want to put someone who isn't good enough to be there in the game, at least make it someone exciting like Bledsoe who I might even argue is better than Lin anyways.

Lin can be in the audience and we can pan to him every few seconds for ratings purposes, like we do whenever Bron is in attendance at a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom