Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serge Ibaka with a career high tying 25 and 17.

Spurs bench playing better than their starters did.

Kendrick Perkins trying to lead the league in missing dunks that make you wonder if he even can.

Last edited:
Next one is a payback game and the other two are extremely winnable *no jinx*

I like where this team is headed. :D

Last edited:
man, the clips be doing too much when the game is well in hand. alley oop dunks from blake, eric bledsoe dunks, jamal crawford throwing it between guys legs, etc. :smh:

We're 2-0 against the Knicks this season (granted they didn't have Melo this game, but still). FEELS GOOD, MAN.
The Rockets have got the knicks number this year.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now....on NT mobile, they show a preview of the text on the last post made.

How am I supposed to feel when they show rck's post? :lol:

I guess it was the system after all.
Deron Williams not comfortable in Avery Johnson’s system with Nets, says Utah Jazz’s system was a better fit

On second thought, maybe it is not just mental. Struggling Nets star point guard Deron Williams has said several times that his poor shooting this season, almost the worst of his career, is a confidence issue. Monday, however, Williams admitted he has never been comfortable in coach Avery Johnson’s offensive system.

With his former team, the Jazz, coming into the Barclays Center on Tuesday night, Williams admitted he knows he has not been the same player he was when he was with Utah. Part of it is nagging injuries, but also the offensive system that relies heavily on isolation plays.

“I’ve really had injuries I’ve been dealing with the whole time,” Williams said. “I didn’t have the talent around me I did there. Their system was a great system for my style of play. I am a system player. I loved coach (Jerry) Sloan’s system there, I loved the offense there.”

In his 90 games with the Nets since coming over from the Jazz in February 2011, Williams has averaged 19.2 points on 39.6% shooting and 9.2 assists per game. With the Jazz, Williams not only never shot under 42% from the floor, but he also averaged more than 10 assists per game in his last four seasons there.

Williams, who signed a five-year, $98 million deal with the Nets this summer, said it was a natural fit with his playmaking abilities in the Jazz’s offensive system.

“I grew up in high school, my coach wasn’t one of those guys who would just throw out the ball and let us play,” Williams said. “We were a system team. We had a staple of plays that we relied on. We were good at execution. In college (at Illinois), we ran the motion offense. A lot of cutting, a lot passing, a lot of screening, a lot of extra passes. I’m used to just movement. So I’m still trying to adjust. It’s been an adjustment for me.”

It is an adjustment the 28-year-old Williams is still working on after nearly two years.

“I believe I can adapt to anything,” he said. “We’re still a young team. Things don’t happen overnight. It’s still just December. We’re working on it.”

A lot depends on Williams working it out.

Williams led the Jazz to the NBA playoffs in four of his five-plus seasons in Utah, but the Jazz surprisingly decided to deal him to the then-New Jersey Nets. That was after the point guard had a public disagreement with Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, who suddenly resigned.

The bigger issue with the Jazz, however, was that they feared Williams, who became a free agent in July 2012, would not re-sign in Utah and they would lose him with no compensation.

The Nets gambled they could sell him on playing in Brooklyn in 2012 and sent point guard Devin Harris and power forward Derrick Favors and two first-round picks and cash to Utah.

“I understand what they were doing,” Williams said. “It was smart on their part, because there was a possibility that I wouldn’t have come back.”

While he has fond memories of the Jazz’s offense, Williams said there is no emotion in facing the team that dealt him.

“To me, it’s just another game,” he said.
Link

Last edited:
Noah did it tonight though after making a shot from the left elbow, unless tonight was supposed to be the final time. Or is he going to argue he isn't imitating guns but just pointing?

On the subject of OKC's record... Westbrook has been really solid and handled Harden's departure pretty well. His FG% is down and he's still prone to the erratic shooting nights and his FT% is down as well, on the plus side he's shooting better from 3PT range. Career high assists, rebounds steady, turnovers the same. He'll never be an efficient scorer, but hopefully his shooting improves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom