Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:smh:

I been here since 09. i aint no MMG noob brah. I can hold my own. Dude was taking shots.

isnt this the 1st time since 94 that the knicks have a winning record 20 games in? Why dont you tell dude to be humble? We wont have any problems. :wink:

The Knicks have been hot props to them.

JR. :rofl:

Last edited:
Kobe hasn't played defense in four years, stop it. And I don't think MWP misses Phil one bit. :lol:
But the team is old and slow, Phil isn't changing that. I suppose installing the Triangle could limit turnovers though.

The team has been old and slow since Phil retired. Thing is, they got beat by another old and slow team back in 2011, and got beat by a young and fast team in 2012. The talent on the team just isn't up to snuff right now.

That said, I am still not calling this team a bust until I see Nash in uniform for at least 8 weeks. That's enough time to put your thumb on a team. Until then? Nah.

The more I watch the Knicks, the more they remind me of that 2010-2011 Mavs team man. Just the way they play. They're damn tough on defense with Tyson anchoring the paint, they got great perimeter shooting (JET, Dirk, Kidd, Peja, DeShawn compared to Melo, Kidd, Novak, Felton, JR), they play to the whistle, and they have a lot to prove. The way they move the ball around the court to get the open shot, it's effortless. Just reminds me so much of that Mavs team |I . It's hard not to like em. I'd be more than happy to see my boys Kidd and Tyson get another ring. Also, always wanted Melo to thrive, and finally getting that ring would finally rest his case.

It'd be wild, Melo would've won a ring on his own, as did both Wade and LeBron (LeBron to an extent, just because of how dominant he was last year).

Also, the top 5 in the 2003 NBA Draft class would all have rings :nerd: (Bron, Darko, Melo, Bosh, Wade).

Kobe hasn't played defense in four years, stop it. And I don't think MWP misses Phil one bit. :lol:
But the team is old and slow, Phil isn't changing that. I suppose installing the Triangle could limit turnovers though.

The team has been old and slow since Phil retired. Thing is, they got beat by another old and slow team back in 2011, and got beat by a young and fast team in 2012. The talent on the team just isn't up to snuff right now.

That said, I am still not calling this team a bust until I see Nash in uniform for at least 8 weeks. That's enough time to put your thumb on a team. Until then? Nah.

The more I watch the Knicks, the more they remind me of that 2010-2011 Mavs team man. Just the way they play. They're damn tough on defense with Tyson anchoring the paint, they got great perimeter shooting (JET, Dirk, Kidd, Peja, DeShawn compared to Melo, Kidd, Novak, Felton, JR), they play to the whistle, and they have a lot to prove. The way they move the ball around the court to get the open shot, it's effortless. Just reminds me so much of that Mavs team |I . It's hard not to like em. I'd be more than happy to see my boys Kidd and Tyson get another ring. Also, always wanted Melo to thrive, and finally getting that ring would finally rest his case.

It'd be wild, Melo would've won a ring on his own, as did both Wade and LeBron (LeBron to an extent, just because of how dominant he was last year).

Also, the top 5 in the 2003 NBA Draft class would all have rings :nerd: (Bron, Darko, Melo, Bosh, Wade).

I still find it ridiculous how three of the top five are on one team.

only flaw from Knicks are their heavy reliance on the 3 ball. The mavs were able to do it but history shows its gonna be tough

Those teams are SO damn similar, it's crazy.

Kidd/Chandler of course, the amount of grizzled vets on the team, the perimeter shooting, the fantastic ball movement (both teams can thank Kidd for that), Chandler anchoring the paint, two PG lineups (Barea/Kidd vs Felton/Kidd), instant offense off the bench (Jet vs. JR/Novak), and most importantly - the superstar forward that can score on anyone in isolation (Melo vs. Dirk).

I'm pretty sure I heard on TNT tonight that there's going to be a LP free preview from 14th to 16th.

Two Mavs games on in that time. :pimp:

Shaq trollin' claiming he never air balled a free throw. Dude did it a couple times, at least.

Im just saying.

West did pick kobe back in 96 right?
West did sign shaq in 96 too right?
West was with the grizz when Gasol was traded to the lakers.
West Golden state warriors have a better record than the lakers with less talent.

Jerry West.
mean.gif
laugh.gif

The game shut down NT on huddler...............WOW.
The spurs said it themselves. Quotes

If the spurs did what they did in NYC. They would be the biggest story in the last 20 years. Can u even imagine!?
Im happy they did it in San Antonio. Best Sports childhood any fan can ask for. SPURS <3
pimp.gif

Still going strong.
pimp.gif

quik1987 Yeah you would think. I mean Mitch did sign 38 year old Nash for 3 years 27 mill. He has only played in 2 games this season. Money well spent.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Real G's move in silence like lasagna. No rick ross tho.
laugh.gif

But man I can say I saw my SPURS win 4 NBA championships. You cant say the same and your team plays in the mecca of basketball.

Feelsgoodman.
pimp.gif

Hoping to get one more this year.
nerd.gif
I would be in attendence.

Kinda mad that we lost last night, but oh well.

They would still be experiencing these same problems with Phil on the sideline.

i disagree....

sometimes the coach brings out the best in you.

plus he would have the lakers playing at a slower pace which benefits the older guys

says the guy with the shaq lakers jersey and just became a warriors fan in the we believe days after becoming a full blown laker hater...

way to turn your back on the lakers champ....

keep trying to be slick and ill keep bringing up your laker fan days youngster...

Last edited:
Please, let's not feel sorry for the Lakers, teams have gotten by with much less.

For example the 60 win Bron Cavs coached by Mike Brown

Just didn't realize the severe lack of depth until there was a bunch of dudes I've never seen before playing serious minutes.

Chris Duhon starting at the 1.:lol:

The irony of me laughing at a team having to start Chris Duhon.:lol:

The Mavs may have been old(er) in 2011, but they had speed and athleticism between Chandler, Marion, Barea and Terry.

Jackson Would Not Return To Lakers If Offered Job
Dec 13, 2012 10:50 PM EST

Phil Jackson would not return to coach the Los Angeles Lakers, if offered the job.

“Noooo,” he said. “They’ll get it going.”

The Lakers have lost 9 of 13 games since Mike D’Antoni took over for the fired Mike Brown.

Jackson expressed confidence that the Lakers can fix their recent struggles, but changed his tune when asked if the team can contend for a title: “Well, no, I don’t know about that, but...

Phil Jackson would not return to coach the Los Angeles Lakers, if offered the job.

The Lakers have lost 9 of 13 games since Mike D’Antoni took over for the fired Mike Brown.

Jackson expressed confidence that the Lakers can fix their recent struggles, but changed his tune when asked if the team can contend for a title: “Well, no, I don’t know about that, but...

jack-nicholson.gif

Cliffs: Tell me how my *** tastes.

Cliffs: Tell me how my *** tastes.

:rofl:

says the guy with the shaq lakers jersey and just became a warriors fan in the we believe days after becoming a full blown laker hater...

way to turn your back on the lakers champ....

keep trying to be slick and ill keep bringing up your laker fan days youngster...

:lol: you're still bring up that I had a shaq jersey when I was 8 :rofl: :rofl:

My Lakers, My Warriors :lol: FOH clown

Btw I was going to games when Warriors had Donyell Marshall and Bimbo Cole in their starting lineup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom