Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's bigmike to tell us how it was stupid to think OJ was better than Eric Gordon?
you flip flop so god damn much

first OJ was a star because he was with memphis, the steal of the draft and best guard in that draft and robbed of ROY.

then people start dogging him for his bum play and you would be captain save em for him.

then he goes to dallas and all you do is hate hate hate and say OJ ant that good

know u want to jump back on him?

it took gordon getting hurt for OJ to be better then him. a heathly gordon which he was early on OJ wasnt better then. point blank period.

OJ fan boys out in full force now. let me guess he is also better then rose now?

we all know what OJ is/was he can be a good player on a BAD/avg team, his best year was his 1st in memphis when it was bad team and he was the 2nd option and this year on a bad dallas team and number 1 or 2 option whatever it is. i have said the samething about him for years. on a winning team OJ would be nothing more then a 6th man

let me guess BHZ rudy gay was better then brandon roy the whole time now?

Corey Brewer has found his niche in the NBA. He showed some flashes in Dallas with his pesky defense. But with Denver, despite struggling with his shot, Karl has stuck with him, and they are annoyingly tough when he's out there.

first OJ was a star because he was with memphis, the steal of the draft and best guard in that draft and robbed of ROY.

then people start dogging him for his bum play and you would be captain save em for him.

then he goes to dallas and all you do is hate hate hate and say OJ ant that good

it took gordon getting hurt for OJ to be better then him. a heathly gordon which he was early on OJ wasnt better then. point blank period.

OJ fan boys out in full force now. let me guess he is also better then rose now?

we all know what OJ is/was he can be a good player on a BAD/avg team, his best year was his 1st in memphis when it was bad team and he was the 2nd option and this year on a bad dallas team and number 1 or 2 option whatever it is. i have said the samething about him for years. on a winning team OJ would be nothing more then a 6th man

In this situation he's in now, where there aren't many good guards in Dallas, I think is what's best for him. There were just too many guards in Dallas that could eat his minutes. From Conley, Tony Allen, Gilbert Arenas, or Kyle Lowry. Also dudes like Rudy Gay took shots from him. Even when Dirk comes back, there's enough shots to go around for OJ, and even if he's second fiddle to Dirk when he comes back, there aren't many guys to steal shots from him. Rick wants OJ to be the man. I'm not sure if Lionel thought the same.

I just wanted to know see what you were gonna say :tongue:

My opinion with OJ changed throughout his career, but I think it did for most Memphis fans. I thought OJ was going to be a star in this league from all the HS hype, early NBA success, etc. It just seemed as if he was on his way to being an elite level player. Then, the team started to win and his role started to decrease. He continued to struggle and everyone wanted to blame Lionel Hollins for his struggles. I use to agree with most when they said Hollins hurt his development, but OJ began to hurt himself. That's when I found out that OJ was kinda weak mentally. Hollins treated all of his players equally and as much as people like to say Conley was his "son", he was hard on Conley just as much as OJ. The difference is that Conley stepped his game up and OJ went into a corner and cried.

There were quite a few articles that came out between the early part of the season and now about the way Hollins treated his players and it just made OJ seem like a cry baby. OJ wanted to play PG, Hollins put him in summer league to showcase his PG skills and he failed. OJ failed with Team USA. OJ wanted to dominate the ball more, so Hollins decided to let dominate the ball off the bench. He was being inconsistent last season and then completely blew up in the playoffs. So, my opinion OJ has changed throughout his tenure in Memphis.

I did think if he played in the right system that allowed him to shoot as much as he wanted, he would have some success. That's why I don't understand why this is so exciting to everyone. I actually agree with Mike to saying he wouldn't even be a top 3 option on a serious contender. He's a good shooter, but I'm not confident enough in him in a halfcourt set to trust him every possession with the ball. I did learn that people are more happy to see OJ succeed than to see the team succeed :lol: . That's what got me into kinda disliking him because fans was so concerned about him playing well. **** that lol. The same thing is happening in Dallas. You would think Dallas was one of the better teams in the league, but as long as OJ get his, it don't eem matter. :lol: What would impress me more with OJ is if he can play this way on a winning team and in meaningful games.

If Rudy Gay goes to a lottery team and puts up 23-25/7/3, would he get the same love? Probably not. Either way, OJ gonna end up just like Kyle Lowry. He will never have more success than the team that traded them away.

Side note:

some dude tweeted TA last night "why in the world would hollins start u over mayo?? 40 tonight, it will take u a month to score that many!!!!" :rofl: and TA responded "Lol we 2 different players! 1st team all D previous year, 2nd team. u know whats next! But salut 2 him! You *** grabber" :rofl:

I cannot wait to see those two matchup. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a scuffle.

Last edited:
I did think if he played in the right system that allowed him to shoot as much as he wanted, he would have some success. That's why I don't understand why this is so exciting to everyone. I actually agree with Mike to saying he wouldn't even be a top 3 option on a serious contender. He's a good shooter, but I'm not confident enough in him in a halfcourt set to trust him every possession with the ball. I did learn that people are more happy to see OJ succeed than to see the team succeed laugh.gif . That's what got me into kinda disliking him because fans was so concerned about him playing well. **** that lol. The same thing is happening in Dallas. You would think Dallas was one of the better teams in the league, but as long as OJ get his, it don't eem matter. laugh.gif What would impress me more with OJ is if he can play this way on a winning team and in meaningful games.

If Rudy Gay goes to a lottery team and puts up 23-25/7/3, would he get the same love? Probably not.

It's unfair to say that Dallas is a lottery team right now because they're best player hasn't suited up yet and they've had a rough schedule. You're reacting to a season that isn't even half way done yet. They started 4-1, and looked like they had a good thing going. Now, struggling with the realization that Dirk isn't coming back as soon as imagined, they sit 10-10.

There's no one else on this team right now that necessarily needs the ball in their hands for most of the possession to get off. Dump-offs to Kaman in the paint or post-ups can be fed easily. Same with Dirk. Darren can facilitate some when needed, and there's no tension between him and OJ.

I don't see how having Dirk around can do anything but be beneficial for both OJ and the Mavericks. Having a scorer of his caliber and a rebounder of his caliber on the court is something Dallas has missed. Dirk isn't an elite Kevin Love rebounder, but it allows Dallas to run with Marion at SF, which is his natural position and keep Dirk and Kaman/Brand out there.

Again, it's unfair to label this team as a flop this early.

some dude tweeted TA last night "why in the world would hollins start u over mayo?? 40 tonight, it will take u a month to score that many!!!!" :rofl: and TA responded "Lol we 2 different players! 1st team all D previous year, 2nd team. u know whats next! But salut 2 him! You *** grabber" :rofl:
:lol: :lol: You gotta have thick skin as an athlete to have a twitter account. I wouldn't even look at my mentions.

:lol: :lol: You gotta have thick skin as an athlete to have a twitter account. I wouldn't even look at my mentions.
Anybody who's willing to pop off at Grit Grind is a god damn fool :lol: or just hiding behind their social media device

we all know what OJ is/was he can be a good player on a BAD/avg team, his best year was his 1st in memphis when it was bad team and he was the 2nd option and this year on a bad dallas team and number 1 or 2 option whatever it is. i have said the same thing about him for years. on a winning team OJ would be nothing more then a 6th man

Ehh, I think it's a bit premature to say that OJ on a winning team would be nothing more than a sixth man and that this is a "bad" team. They are 500. right now and in the playoff race through the first fourth of the season and he's leading them and seventh in the L in scoring as a first option.

That's without Dirk. If Dirk comes back at a 18-20 ppg along with the way OJ is playing now, this team is a playoff team and can challenge. Even when Dirk gets back, there's really not that many players that can take shots away from Juice and as long as he's playing this efficiently, he can definitely be a number one option on a winning/playoff team. This season will tell a lot.

And O.J. has always been better than Gordon imo, always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom