Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracy McGrady gets taunted by a CBA player, knocks him over with an elbow.

0-7. 
grin.gif
happens every other play in the nba, would not have been a foul if not for the flop

I agree, the problem is the committee for most improved player probably won't recognize O.J.'s improvements as a basketball player. At least not until the point of granting him the award.

With O.J., as people have alluded to in this thread, is starting to play like what most expected him to play like coming out of HS and college. It's almost as if people get the feeling that he is supposed to do this.

Really the only thing that changed was that he got an opportunity more so than improved...At least that's what the voters I think are going to look at it as.

More of a "About time" rather than "He's improved."

I guess, but there's worse 2 guards in the league. I guess his inability to make the 3 doesn't help, but again there's plenty of 2s who can't.

Don't know if anyone knows who "Coach NIck" is, but he's straight trolling twitter right now, got some Thunder fans heated. :lol: He's the dude, the AAU coach, always on Youtube talkin' bout "Wuthull Wethbook is the worth NBA point guard evuuh," and now hes talking about we should start Maynor and bench Thabo. Jimmies are definitely being wuthulled.

https://twitter.com/bballsource

Last edited:
I think Bryan Colangelo is going to try to remove all the Euro from the Raptors with the exception of Jonas.

What's good with:

Kenyon Martin
Gilbert Arenas
Tracy McGrady
Allen Iverson
Stephon Marbury

Why isn't anyone offering them vet min.

I think Bryan Colangelo is going to try to remove all the Euro from the Raptors with the exception of Jonas.
What's good with:
Kenyon Martin
Gilbert Arenas
Tracy McGrady
Allen Iverson
Stephon Marbury
Arenas, McGrady, and Marbury are in China making about a million a year.  Marbury is a hero over there and sells his sneakers.  Iverson is playing on some sort of international streetball tour.  Martin wants to play in the NBA but can't get an offer, which boggles my mind.

What's good with:
Kenyon Martin
Gilbert Arenas
Tracy McGrady
Allen Iverson
Stephon Marbury

KMart and TMac were both good last season, so I''m not sure what the deal is with them. I think Kenyon was holding out for more than the minimum at first, then rosters just filled up. I'm sure he'll get a look from the Celtics and any contender that needs a backup big. I'm not sure why TMac wasn't signed - maybe his attitude? Statistically, he was good last year, so I'm surprised a stathead didn't sign him for cheap. I think he wanted a guaranteed contract (he deserved one) and he only got training camp offers.

The rest of those guys are serious headcases and/or not good enough for the league anymore. AI's been done for years and was never able to adapt his mentality. Marbury seemed like he just got tired of the NBA and wanted a fresh start. He hasn't shown interest in coming back since going to China. Gilbert had his chance and was terrible with Memphis. He's done.

I agree, the problem is the committee for most improved player probably won't recognize O.J.'s improvements as a basketball player. At least not until the point of granting him the award.
With O.J., as people have alluded to in this thread, is starting to play like what most expected him to play like coming out of HS and college. It's almost as if people get the feeling that he is supposed to do this.
Really the only thing that changed was that he got an opportunity more so than improved...At least that's what the voters I think are going to look at it as.
More of a "About time" rather than "He's improved."

....Jrue better win most improved, I can careless about a Mayo lol

What's good with:
Kenyon Martin
Gilbert Arenas
Tracy McGrady
Allen Iverson
Stephon Marbury

KMart and TMac were both good last season, so I''m not sure what the deal is with them. I think Kenyon was holding out for more than the minimum at first, then rosters just filled up. I'm sure he'll get a look from the Celtics and any contender that needs a backup big. I'm not sure why TMac wasn't signed - maybe his attitude? Statistically, he was good last year, so I'm surprised a stathead didn't sign him for cheap. I think he wanted a guaranteed contract (he deserved one) and he only got training camp offers.

The rest of those guys are serious headcases and/or not good enough for the league anymore. AI's been done for years and was never able to adapt his mentality. Marbury seemed like he just got tired of the NBA and wanted a fresh start. He hasn't shown interest in coming back since going to China. Gilbert had his chance and was terrible with Memphis. He's done.
I mean, if Grant Hill can get paid money to sit on a bench so can they.

Martin has the most left to contribute of all those players on the NBA level.  He understands his role as a defender and plays it very well.  As of last season he was still one of the league's most athletic players at his position, and he can still contribute offensively in the form of garbage points on the offensive glass.  I'd argue that he's as good or better than Grant Hill at this point.

Sure but he was a headache in the locker room arguing with the coach over playing time and wanting to start. :x

Good riddance Kenyon. G Hill is a solid role player who can still contribute in more ways than one and nowhere near a garbage min dude.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom