Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bargnani is a one dimensional player.. Possibly the worst big man defender in the league.. And Calderon is a battered PG hampered by injuries, making his defense of abominable proportions.

That's why that trade sucks.

But the franchise player of the second worst team in the league is delusional. If you guess so.

Pau is a battered big man hampered by injuries who has to take games off to rest his knees. And its not like Pau is known as a good defender

How we delusional?!?!?!....Did we not pull off trades in the past that made ppl be in ahhhhh like how tf did that happen.....I wonder really how long you've been watching basketball seriously :smh:

I think we all know this, but we were trying to decide fair market value for Pau.

I get what your saying, the lakers don't give a damn about fair value we can pull off just about anything....yeah you saying Pau for bargani and Lowry yeah that's fair but do they really want that I doubt it, if anything Kevin Love makes a lot more sense with Derrick Williams I think they would rather look into that if anything the hell with the raptors!

Like I said, keep waiting for that Lebron for Pau trade. Y'all gonna win rings in no time. (sarcasm)

I've probably been watching basketball since before you were alive.

Every trade can't be a robbery.

I doubt that the way you sounding like you was born yesterday...

How we delusional?!?!?!....Did we not pull off trades in the past that made ppl be in ahhhhh like how tf did that happen.....I wonder really how long you've been watching basketball seriously
mean.gif
I think we all know this, but we were trying to decide fair market value for Pau.
Seriously, the names that are being thrown around in this thread right now. I know the Lakers have swindled in the past, hell they swindled for Pau, but the stuff that I've been hearing about is nothing short of ridiculous

Bargnani is a one dimensional player.. Possibly the worst big man defender in the league.. And Calderon is a battered PG hampered by injuries, making his defense of abominable proportions.

But the franchise player of the second worst team in the league is delusional. If you guess so.

You are only seeing it from how the Lakers benefit. HOW DO THE RAPTORS BENEFIT?

I don't think you understand the concept of a fair trade.

It doesn't matter how the Raptors benefit. They're not the ones that hold the keys to the trade. The Lakers do.

Lakers are not pursuing the Raptors. The Raptors are pursuing the Lakers.

That's something you're not comprehending.

There's a reason the Raptors are pursuing Pau. They're 4-14. And next year they'll be likely as bad. And then Lowry will leave.

And even then you missed entirely what I was saying in the original post you quoted. Where i indicated Calderon/Bargnani is not a good deal for the Lakers. They won't accept it. Only deal they'd accept is with Lowry in it. And that's going to be the consistent demand of the Lakers front office.

Last edited:
I get what your saying, the lakers don't give a damn about fair value we can pull off just about anything....yeah you saying Pau for bargani and Lowry yeah that's fair but do they really want that I doubt it, if anything Kevin Love makes a lot more sense with Derrick Williams I think they would rather look into that if anything the hell with the raptors!

Really they'd rather look into Kevin Love, the best PF in the league and the perfect 4 for D'Antoni and D12, over the Raptors? Rocket science.

Love is going nowhere, don't waste your time even thinking about it.

EDIT: that post may have been sarcasm... that's what I get for skimming, who cares :lol:

Last edited:
The only way LeBron MIGHT come to LA is if Kobe is gone in 2014, and when LeBron becomes a free agent then also. This is all rumors however, but I can see it happening.

It doesn't matter how the Raptors benefit. They're not the ones that hold the keys to the trade. The Lakers do.

There's a reason the Raptors are pursuing Pau. They're 4-14. And next year they'll be likely as bad. And then Lowry will leave.

Lakers are in a rings or bust season.

Keep Pau if y'all want.

Enjoy them keys.

Keep Pau if y'all want.

Enjoy them keys.

And Calderon & Bargnani gives us a title :rofl: ... Please.

Last edited:
But giving up those players for Pau actually makes the Raptors worse. Hell, I'd take Ed Davis over Pau at this point

trust me I used to think other Laker fans were delusional with some of the trade ideas they would come up with but just stop and think for a second... in the last 5 years the Lakers have gotten Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, Ron Artest, Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison hell even Chris Paul...a virtual smorgasboard of borderline superstars....basically got rid of one of the worst starting PGs in the league (D Fish) for a lotto pick, traded Luke Walton for Ramon Sessions... I mean go back even further and they got Kobe Bryant for Vlade Divac. as a Laker fan how are you gonna tell me there is such thing as an "unrealistic" trade? They were able to trade Kwame because they had to foresight to give him a big contract extension when he already proved he was a bust knowing the value of an expiring K. Fast forward to now and they are in the same situation with Pau who on his worst day is 100000x better than Kwame and with an even bigger expiring contract. So it's not just about "Pau's not good enough to bring back player X in a trade" because neither was Kwame but this time you have a solid player + 19 million in cap space AND an environment where everybody (look at OKC with Harden) is trying to avoid the lux tax like halitosis. honestly I would be happy with AK47+Derrick Williams for Pau but realistically the Lakers have a LOT of options. not to mention they are in a position to sign Lebron James outright when he hits free agency. chess moves folks, no accidents

Last edited:

Keep Pau if y'all want.

Enjoy them keys.

And Calderon & Bargnani gives us a title :rofl: ... Please.
Where did I say that?

Y'ALL ARE DESPERATELY TRYING TO TRADE YOUR 3RD-4TH BEST PLAYER!

I don't know what you believe you can get for a guy who been under performing for two years in the decline phase of his career making 18 million per but it isn't Kyle Lowry. :lol:

But giving up those players for Pau actually makes the Raptors worse. Hell, I'd take Ed Davis over Pau at this point

Worse than 4-14. Oh boy, how ever will they survive? Maybe they should take it, so they can keep their pick.

thats the point, why give up the 2 building blocks they have in Lowry and Bargs?

if I was the Raps i would offer Calderon and Fields. Both those players would actually fill a need for the Lakers as well

Worse than 4-14. Oh boy, how ever will they survive? Maybe they should take it, so they can keep their pick.

thats the point, why give up the 2 building blocks they have in Lowry and Bargs?

if I was the Raps i would offer Calderon and Fields. Both those players would actually fill a need for the Lakers as well

Building blocks? While Lowry is very good, and I can see it.. Bargs is a building block :lol: Lowry is committed long term to the Raptors?

I guess you guys didn't read that the Lakers declined Calderon & Bargnani. But Ok. Moving on.

Kevin Love
Lamarcus Aldridge
Josh Smith
Z Bo
Blake
Ibaka
Ryan Anderson
Bosh
David West
Larry Sanders
Nene
Faried
Tim Duncan
Dirk
David Lee

are all PF's that I would take over Pau at this stage of his career, and thats not including Lebron and Melo who are playing PF right now....but yall want a top tier PG for him?

Building blocks? While Lowry is very good, and I can see it.. Bargs is a building block :lol: Lowry is committed long term to the Raptors?

I guess you guys didn't read that the Lakers declined Calderon & Bargnani. But Ok. Moving on.

I said Calderon and Fields, its closer to market value although I still think the Raps are giving up too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom