Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really is an issue with the perception some of you have against Lakers fans..

Part of what is being said is "I wouldn't trade Pau unless this was the offer."

That's not being absurd. That's being aware of what deals are bad for your team.

People say take Calderon & Bargnani. When someone says I don't do it unless Lowry is substituted for Calderon. It's delusional? No that's knowing what you get back must be worth what you are letting go...

And Calderon & Bargs is not remotely good enough..

And there is nothing dumb about saying "If Love or Josh Smith say they are not coming back or want out that they will be traded." Josh Smith especially... Josh Smith wouldn't be a Hawk today if Ferry didn't pull the rabbit out of his *** and have some take on Joe Johnson's ridiculous contract... And one of the teams they kept at the top of the list was the Lakers. And Love already indicated if the team doesn't start winning he will opt out when his player option comes up.

Pau's value is meh right now. But they've traded less for more before.

Will they trade Pau? At some point... But they won't do it unless they are winners in the deal. It's always how the Lakers have operated and that's not going to change now.

And if that is how your team has operated for 40 years, it's not delusional. It's reality.

So a team is gonna trade you their starting pg and pf, arguably in their prime, for your over the hill, now 2nd string pf?

Right.

How hard is it to understand that Pau Gasol has lost trade value since y'all been trying to trade him for the past 2 years?

If he was THAT good, y'all would keep him.

Y'all can hold on to him until he rots.

Last edited:
There really is an issue with the perception some of you have against Lakers fans..

That's not being absurd. That's being aware of what deals are bad for your team.

People say take Calderon & Bargnani. When someone says I don't do it unless Lowry is substituted for Calderon. It's delusional? No that's knowing what you get back must be worth what you are letting go...

And there is nothing dumb about saying "If Love or Josh Smith say they are not coming back or want out that they will be traded." Josh Smith especially... Josh Smith wouldn't be a Hawk today if Ferry didn't pull the rabbit out of his *** and have some take on Joe Johnson's ridiculous contract... And one of the teams they kept at the top of the list was the Lakers. And Love already indicated if the team doesn't start winning he will opt out when his player option comes up.

Will they trade Pau? At some point... But they won't do it unless they are winners in the deal. It's always how the Lakers have operated and that's not going to change now.

And if that is how your team has operated for 40 years, it's not delusional. It's reality.

So a team is gonna trade you their starting pg and pf, arguably in their prime, for your over the hill, now 2nd string pf?

Right.

This is what I was thinking. So fair value for a player who has to sit out games a couple weeks into the season to rest his knees, a player who "has to put his big boy pants on", a player who is on the downside of his career...is Kyle Lowry, the Raptors starting PG and franchise player, and their starting PF? For a backup PF, who has been described as one of the softest players in the league?

Honestly, the Lakers should feel lucky to get back Landry Fields and Calderon. Atleast Fields can play the 3............ :x

Y'all go get that Pau Gasol for Lebron James trade

Y'all calling a straight robbery of a deal not good enough, wondering why people say y'all delusional.

Last edited:
Again quik has a hard on for the Lakers. So much so that he forgets to read 90% of what was said.

its not even that. its more or less the "Calderon and Bargs isn't remotely good enough" line. Like what about that isn't good enough to replace a player of Pau's caliber right now? Dude is not an elite player anymore, but you think he commands one of the better PG's in the league, and the Raps starting PF?

like what is a reasonable trade for Pau, the best one I saw was the Varejao one. that would be dope for the Lakers, the only thing that Pau has over Andy is his last name

Last edited:
^^^The hell happened in here after my last post? Sadly though, I think that might be the most discussion one of my posts ever generated.

Right.

How hard is it to understand that Pau Gasol has lost trade value since y'all been trying to trade him for the past 2 years?

If he was THAT good, y'all would keep him.

Y'all can hold on to him until he rots.

Yo quik you on bath salts homie, over there talking reckless we traded for Dwight and pulled that through, what makes you think the lakers can't trade Pau for a starting players off the raptors c'mon man the lakers have done this for decades we always get great talent in LaLa Land it's a FACT.

Like I don't even think its crazy to even discuss about getting Kevin Love or Josh Smith, we talking about the Lakers here!

[Both of you knock it off or you'll be removed from this thread.]

Last edited by a moderator:
How we delusional?!?!?!....Did we not pull off trades in the past that made ppl be in ahhhhh like how tf did that happen.....I wonder really how long you've been watching basketball seriously :smh:

How we delusional?!?!?!....Did we not pull off trades in the past that made ppl be in ahhhhh like how tf did that happen.....I wonder really how long you've been watching basketball seriously :smh:

I think we all know this, but we were trying to decide fair market value for Pau.

Like I said, keep waiting for that Lebron for Pau trade. Y'all gonna win rings in no time. (sarcasm)

I've probably been watching basketball since before you were alive.

Every trade can't be a robbery.

Bynum, when we traded him, was arguably the 2nd best Center in the league, after Dwight of course. I almost feel bad for the 76ers, they got nothing out of Bynum so far. Pau is at career lows now.

Bargnani is a one dimensional player.. Possibly the worst big man defender in the league.. And Calderon is a battered PG hampered by injuries, making his defense of abominable proportions.

That's why that trade sucks.

But the franchise player of the second worst team in the league is delusional. If you guess so.

Bargnani is a one dimensional player.. Possibly the worst big man defender in the league.. And Calderon is a battered PG hampered by injuries, making his defense of abominable proportions.

That's why that trade sucks.

But the franchise player of the second worst team in the league is delusional. If you guess so.

You are only seeing it from how the Lakers benefit. HOW DO THE RAPTORS BENEFIT?

I don't think you understand the concept of a fair trade.

When the Rockets have a bad game, they are the single most miserable team to watch.

Bynum, when we traded him, was arguably the 2nd best Center in the league, after Dwight of course. I almost feel bad for the 76ers, they got nothing out of Bynum so far. Pau is at career lows now.

Bynum's injury was basically a forgone conclusion. It was gonna happen sooner or later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom