irving
curry
lillard
jennings
felton
lowry
eric bledsoe
teague

i'm pulling names out of everywhere, but we know it he's better than the first 5. the 2nd two are hurt, but he isn't better than them either. when rubio and wall are healthy, they both can make claims for being better or on the same level as conley. who can you say Conley is head and shoulders better than in the last crop of players named?

Last edited:
Again, do yourself a favor and read this.

Read.

Playing this bad they're still only 2-1/2 out of the Pacific. Currently are the 8th seed.
So they shouldn't be that worried... Worried they are 8-9? Yes. But they've played this bad and inconsistent and they're 8th seed only a great week from the 1st week of their division.
Things are dire, but not that dire.

Hey man, I'm not saying the Lakers are going to be a lottery team. I'm not questioning their record. They will get it together and improve. No where to go but up after losing to the Magic at home.

But, they won't make the Finals, they may not even make it deep in the playoffs. That is a huge disappointment, major failure.

Bosh on game 4 of that Indiana series:

CHRIS BOSH: He took the game by the balls and squeezed.

If there really is a god, somehow he'll find a way to put him and Big Baby on the same squad one day :pimp:

Playing this bad they're still only 2-1/2 out of the Pacific. Currently are the 8th seed.
So they shouldn't be that worried... Worried they are 8-9? Yes. But they've played this bad and inconsistent and they're 8th seed only a great week from the 1st week of their division.
Things are dire, but not that dire.

Hey man, I'm not saying the Lakers are going to be a lottery team. I'm not questioning their record. They will get it together and improve. No where to go but up after losing to the Magic at home.

But, they won't make the Finals, they may not even make it deep in the playoffs. That is a huge disappointment, major failure.

We have no idea if they'll make it to the finals.. April, May & June is a long time from now..

There's never a guarantee any team makes a finals..

Has the Lakers chance decreased from "projections"? Unquestionably. But that's why they're projections.

A lot of basketball left, and a lot of crazy **** to happen.

Last edited:
rondo
i'm pulling names out of everywhere, but we know it he's better than the first 5. the 2nd two are hurt, but he isn't better than them either. when rubio and wall are healthy, they both can make claims for being better or on the same level as conley. who can you say Conley is head and shoulders better than in the last crop of players named?

Paul, Williams, Westbrook, Parker, Rose, Parker.. That is evident and nobody is near Like The other poster said.

Rubio when he returns i'll be sure to put him back in the top 10 ha..
John Wall?? There is no way I'm putting him in my top 10 right now or even close..

You're name dropping is nice that you know the point guards around the league, but with my word against yours it'll just never cease. But, when you began naming guys like Lowry (why is his name always here) and Teague and Bledsoe I definitely know you are just arguing to argue.

I understand Conley isn't as flashy and high flying like the Wall's Teague's Irving's of the league. But, he runs that Memphis offense so well and efficiently, that his work should not go unnoticed.

We have no idea if they'll make it to the finals.. April, May & June is a long time from now..
There's never a guarantee any team makes a finals..
Has the Lakers chance decreased from "projections"? Unquestionably. But that's why they're projections.
A lot of basketball left, and a lot of crazy **** to happen.

This is Basketball, Not football or baseball - Basketball is much more transparent. Anything can happen? Yea I guess. Barring any major injuries to the top players on the top teams in the western conference the Lakers may have a shot at the Finals.

Likely? Hell No. I'd bank it on the Lakers underachieving this season, opposed to making the finals. Safer bet, any day.

Unless Lakers trade Pau Gasol for Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka pretty safe to say Lakers won't make the Finals.

Lakers aren't even the best team in their state!

Lakers aren't even the best team in their city!

Y'all lost to the Kings!

THE KINGS!

And

THE MAGIC! After robbing them of their star player!

Unless Lakers trade Pau Gasol for Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka pretty safe to say Lakers won't make the Finals.

Lakers aren't even the best team in their state!

Lakers aren't even the best team in their city!

Y'all lost to the Kings!

THE KINGS!

And

THE MAGIC! After robbing them of their star player!
Good luck in the playoffs!!

-Lakers fan

Paul, Williams, Westbrook, Parker, Rose, Parker.. That is evident and nobody is near Like The other poster said.
Rubio when he returns i'll be sure to put him back in the top 10 ha..
John Wall?? There is no way I'm putting him in my top 10 right now or even close..
You're name dropping is nice that you know the point guards around the league, but with my word against yours it'll just never cease. But, when you began naming guys like Lowry (why is his name always here) and Teague and Bledsoe I definitely know you are just arguing to argue.
I understand Conley isn't as flashy and high flying like the Wall's Teague's Irving's of the league. But, he runs that Memphis offense so well and efficiently, that his work should not go unnoticed.

Exactly. I really think most people don't see Conley as highly because he simply just does his job. You may never see him make a "WOW" like play, but he's really good. Its even more amazing at the progress he's made since his rookie year.

What has John Wall done to list him ahead of Conley? Because he's the #1 pick? Rubio? Have you even seen enough of him to make that assumption? People love Lowry because Lowry is in an offense thats about himself and he puts up numbers. For him to be so good, he sure is finding his way off teams pretty well. If the offense isn't benefitting him, how well is he playing?

Outside of the obvious top 7, I'll say the ones I would definitely take over Conley at this point in time would be Irving and Holiday. That doesn't mean Conley is head and shoulders better than Rubio Curry, Lawson, Wall, Lowry, Dragic or whoever, but I think he does more good on the basketball court than those guys when it comes to their respective teams. The only person on that list of names I think will or can jump heads and shoulders above Conley is Rubio and probably Curry.

*waits for it*

Last edited:
You don't think Lawson or Lowry "could" surpass Conley? :lol:

Come on, I said a couple years ago I was with you on Conley, but let's take it slow here man. You tellin me the Grizz wouldn't say yes this very instant if they were offered one of those 2 for Conley straight up? Be real with yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom