Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw, say what you want, but if you gonna put comments out there on "Laker fans" please at least know if the person is actually, ya know, a Laker fan.

Last edited:
I've been saying this mayn. The Lakers are just not that good. Dwight Howard is great an all but he's not that much of an improvement for the Lakers over Andrew Bynum, especially when Pau Gasol isn't able to play his game.

Regardless, Nash won't save much. Especially on defense. Young and athletic teams are going to have a field day with the Lakers, over and over. They'll rebound but no way they're making it deep in the playoffs, or like 35% of Laker fans in their thread believe they'll win more than 60 games. Dwightmare situation is going to be a circus when the Lakers under-achieve this season. It's still not over.

Last edited:
Shouldn't he be practicing FTs if he knows already he's going to be at the line for the most part to get his shots in....

If I was D'Antoni I'd make him do shooting drills from the FT line like Larry Bird used to do for the 3pt contest all while talking **** to him.

Last edited:
I've been saying this mayn. The Lakers are just not that good. Dwight Howard is great an all but he's not that much of an improvement for the Lakers over Andrew Bynum, especially when Pau Gasol isn't able to play his game.

Playing this bad they're still only 2-1/2 out of the Pacific. Currently are the 8th seed.

So they shouldn't be that worried... Worried they are 8-9? Yes. But they've played this bad and inconsistent and they're 8th seed only a great week from the 1st week of their division.

Things are dire, but not that dire.

Y'all think things will get better when Nash comes back and the season progresses in the physically grueling D'Antoni system?

Right.

Young players and Phoenix black magic medical staff is what made that style of play possible.

Did the Suns do better or worse when Stat was out injured not clogging up the paint like Dwight?

Mike better learn how to run that triangle

Last edited:
Y'all think things will get better when Nash comes back and the season progresses in the physically grueling D'Antoni system?

Right.

Young players and Phoenix black magic medical staff is what made that style of play possible.

Did the Suns do better or worse when Stat was out injured not clogging up the paint like Dwight?

Let's be honest they're 8-9. 2-1/2 Games out. And played terribly inconsistent.

If 2 games shake out differently, i.e. a 4 point swing. They'd be 1/2 game up. 10-7.

Do you honestly think they'll play .500 ball all season? Don't be that facetious.

Nothing to be panicked about as a team

Last edited:
Its always funny to see the Lakers lose like this. Not because I dislike them, but it just always turns into "EVERYBODY PANIC" and its funny to watch.

What good does a division title do? Lakers are setting themselves up to have to go into probably 2 outa 3 of SA, OKC, Memphis and win on the road. That will be rough.

Still don't see the need for them to panic.

Should they trade Pau? Yes. Is that panic? Not really. It's been a long time coming.

But you can say panic at 8-9. When they've been entirely inconsistent. But still only 2 out of the division.

LA is ok, way to early in the season.

They've had set backs.

-Mike Brown sabotaging (Lebron's man
mean.gif
)

-Nash injury

-Gasol horribly play/softness

Nash comes back, trade off Gasol. They good money

What good does a division title do? Lakers are setting themselves up to have to go into probably 2 outa 3 of SA, OKC, Memphis and win on the road. That will be rough.

It puts them in the top 4 seeds.. If they were the 1st seed or 2nd seed they'd still have to face SA or OKC. Or Memphis at some point, even if they want to win a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom